Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Lumi wrote: »
    Trogdor's weather station in Bray recorded a high of 19.1C at 12:28

Sounds about right! :)

My max was at 13.08.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It was grand here in north meath early this morning, sun was out, no cloud, then fog arrived around 8.30 and hasn't left, dark auld mucky day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was down in Tramore this evening. Very foggy very damp temp about 13 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah the days when there was snow in 2010, that would be:

Saturday 27th
    Sunday 28th
    Tuesday 30th

But if sun, yeah that too! Sunday, November 14th 2010, November 5th-7th 2011 and Monday, November 5th 2012

Funny I was only saying that to someone on Saturday. They assured me the postman from Donegal says no snow this year. I really hope he is right though the wether is so similar......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Today was one of the loveliest days I have ever seen in Connemara. It was simply spectacular. Blue sky, autumnal colours, no wind...made for fabulous views throughout the day but especially in the afternoon. I am not a great photographer but I got some stunning photos today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18 degrees in Valentia at the moment. The all time record high November temperature for anywhere in Ireland is 20.

Hard to believe winter is just a few weeks away.

Glorious day in the North East, clear sky and sunshine, big big change from yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Yodeling Snake

17c in Limerick presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Carnacalla wrote: »
    19c is extremely warm for November! Could we see a broken record today?

Yes,

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/661201211710926848

• Advertisement

Very dense fog here in west Clare this morning, can't see more than 100m away! Temp is down at a nice and chilly 5.8c. Not a mention of fog on Met Eireann last night or even this morning, unlike our own MT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thickest fog so far this week in Castlebar, barely any visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice range in temperatures on the 2200 reports from 3 degrees in Cavan to 14 degrees in Sherkin. Fog will soon disperse as winds freshen from the south west.

Looks like it is going like this people

Thursday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Friday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Saturday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Sunday: Dry then very wet and windy.
    Monday: Very wet and windy.

A new weather front coming in each day! :D:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Looks like it is going like this people

Thursday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Friday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Saturday: Heavy rain and strong winds then sunshine.
    Sunday: Dry then very wet and windy.
    Monday: Very wet and windy.

A new weather front coming in each day! :D:pac:

We could do with a bit of wind - its been awfully calm lately :rolleyes:

We could do with a bit of wind - its been awfully calm lately :rolleyes:

2015 has been my third windiest year on record :rolleyes:

2015 has been my third windiest year on record :rolleyes:

That'll be the Curries you've be having ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

First major 'bomb' of the season forecast to develop over the northern Quebec and Labrador regions of Canada between 6z tomorrow and 6z Friday. Pressure expected to fall as much as 40 hPa in that 24hr period as a deep low moves in over the area.

367687.PNG

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like a mild and unsettled Atlantic dominated theme for the next few weeks

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like a mild and unsettled Atlantic dominated theme for the next few weeks

Until mid-month, the meteorologists say - including myself.

There isn't any significant cold spell on the way, though temperatures will be slightly above average compared to now and it will become much drier with longer dry spells but frosty nights!

• Advertisement

Nice sunny afternoon here in west clare, if not a bit breezy.

Also from Met Eireann

"Wind Warning for Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Clare and Kerry
    Southerly winds tomorrow morning mean speeds 45 to 55 km/hr will veer Westerly tomorrow afternoon and increase 55 to 65 km/hr with gusts to 90 km/hr, the strongest winds along the North coast.

Issued:Saturday 07 November 2015 10:00
    Valid:Sunday 08 November 2015 09:00 to Sunday 08 November 2015 22:00"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

TAF for knock tomorrow showing fresh south east winds gusting up to 37knots for a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Yodeling Snake

I know that Nov is technically the start of winter but it will always be autumn to me. A lovely bright morning in Limerick clear and sunny with temperature at 13c.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I know that Nov is technically the start of winter but it will always be autumn to me. A lovely bright morning in Limerick clear and sunny with temperature at 13c.

It's not "technically" the start of Winter. Winter is the 3 coldest months of the year. The 3 coldest months of the year, from warmest to coldest, are:

1. December
    2. February
    3. January

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

December 1st is the start of the meteorological winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

please what is the best weather forecast website? I am sick of met eireann - today was meant to be bad in the south but in cork city it was a fabulous day,..

they seem to only get it right 12 hrs in advance or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Will be noticeably windy in coastal parts of Dublin tomorrow and along the east coast. City centre escaping the worst due to Mountain protection, but along the coast between 6-midday, there could be gusts to ~100km/hr. Certain not a morning to be up Howth Hill/ or along the Dublin coastline!

Upto 85/90kph in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

sporina wrote: »
    please what is the best weather forecast website? I am sick of met eireann - today was meant to be bad in the south but in cork city it was a fabulous day,..

they seem to only get it right 12 hrs in advance or so...

Our very own M.T. Cranium gives a good daily/5 day forecast - it's stickied at the top of the forum :)

• Advertisement

Upto 85/90kph in the city centre.

That'd want to be Gusts!

I was under the impression that Storm Abaigal wouldnt affect the east coast that severely, has that changed?

Advertisement