Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Yodeling Snake

Met eireann mentioned temps of 16 degrees and sunny spells over the weekend. If that works out our early November weather will be better than most of our June and July.

How true this is. I knew this would happen. Seems like our longest summer ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Met eireann mentioned temps of 16 degrees and sunny spells over the weekend. If that works out our early November weather will be better than most of our June and July.

Well... you could say it is better than July - but June no. June may have had very cold nights but it was a very pleasant month overall (more likely here). Here's the weather forecast for the week - from me, it's only my prediction without any help from actual meteorologists.

Saturday: Some early rain in places but mainly dry and warm. 14-17c
    Sunday: Mainly dry and warm with a few sunny spells. 13-16c
    Monday: Mainly dry but a chance of rain in the northwest and cloudy. 13-16c
    Tuesday: Again mainly dry with a chance of rain in the northwest and cloudy. 13-15c
    Wednesday: Wet and sometimes windy. 13-15c
    Thursday: Rain later but mainly dry. 13-14c

Tbf, despite the cold nights, we already had an early Summer this year - in April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

How true this is. I knew this would happen. Seems like our longest summer ever.

Or our longest winter ever. We really don't have defined seasons anymore. Its just muck muckier and winter.

This Autumn has been a strange one alright.

Exceptionally cold September with very heavy rainfall on individual days. A mostly dry and nearly average temperature October and now November is starting off mild?

This actually sounds a lot like Autumn 1994!

2014 was a lot different.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lost my Sky signal temporarily due to very heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful night here windy and heavy rain. Hopefully the storm before the calm for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Tipping down in Mullingar at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭pad199207

Same in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Pretty mild few days in store for the start of November. Looking at mid teens+. That's t-shirt weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Certainly true of the West. Down on my place in North Mayo the past 6 weeks have been by far the best spell of weather since April in terms of temp and rainfall. Having said that it is frustrating to see such high upper temps on the model charts at this time of years with the days now so short. Noticeable too the that the Greenland High f*pped off in the last month or so having ruined most of the summer for us:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

STATUS ORANGE

Fog Warning for Munster, Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan and Roscommon
    Fog in many parts of the country overnight and on Sunday morning, with dense pockets and hazardous driving conditions, especially in the midlands, east and south.

Issued:Saturday 31 October 2015 21:00
    Valid:Saturday 31 October 2015 21:00 to Sunday 01 November 2015 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

and actually a big range in temps across the country tonight on the 2300 Met reports, 2 degrees in Markree Sligo and 13 degrees at Johnstown Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very dense fog here in west clare. Shannon airport reporting 400m at 23:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Was expecting very mild day its turning out to be quite chilly with the fog though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Was expecting very mild day its turning out to be quite chilly with the fog though

I hate to rub it in and go on about Costa Del Bray again, especially in November but........

It's bloody 22 degrees Celsius in Bray at the moment with not a cloud in the sky.

:eek:

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Calibos wrote: »
    I hate to rub it in and go on about Costa Del Bray again, especially in November but........

It's bloody 22 degrees Celsius in Bray at the moment with not a cloud in the sky.

I know, was sitting in my garden having breakfast like it was summer. Anyone remember a better November day?

I know, was sitting in my garden having breakfast like it was summer. Anyone remember a better November day?

Yeah the days when there was snow in 2010, that would be:

Saturday 27th
    Sunday 28th
    Tuesday 30th

But if sun, yeah that too! Sunday, November 14th 2010, November 5th-7th 2011 and Monday, November 5th 2012

22c? Hardly? The record for November is 20c, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Unreal weather, sunny and no wind. People going around in t-shirts

Ah Here??

I've just refreshed the bray temp Google search and now it's saying....

24 degrees Celsius!?!?!

WTF?

Could that be right? Where is Google getting the data from?

• Advertisement

Ah Here??

24 degrees Celsius!?!?!

WTF?

Ah here, that's worse than Google Translate :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Ah Here??

24 degrees Celsius!?!?!

WTF?

Its wrong. Weather stations in South Dublin and North Wicklow 16-19C at the moment so still not that bad at all.

19c is extremely warm for November! Could we see a broken record today?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

So 19 deg C then. Still amazing.

19c being recorded at Valentia at 14:00 :http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Meanwhile at cork its 12 with thickening fog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

patneve2 wrote: »
    Its wrong. Weather stations in South Dublin and North Wicklow 16-19C at the moment so still not that bad at all.

Made just 16.3C here (elevation issues!) - with calm clear skies and non-stop sunshine; I'd add maybe 2 degrees at most for Bray given there is virtually no wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Trogdor's weather station in Bray recorded a high of 19.1C at 12:28

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im sunburnt (well my arms are red) after cycling the Sally Gap in Wicklow today, 18 deg C according to my bike computer, confirmed by a couple of drivers I was talking to, it was a Summers day up there, clouds of midges and birds chirping aswell. Not complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

October stats for the three Dublin stations show Phoenix Park +0.3C above the long-term average; Casement exactly average and Dublin Airport -0.3C below.

That would make October (in Dublin) exactly average temperature wise; so it's the 11th consecutive month colder than or equal to the LTA.

(My own station in South Dublin puts Oct -0.1C below average)

November is shaping up to break this long run......

Advertisement