Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Clear blue skies today in around Cork. Looking out the window not a cloud around. Might get chilly over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

spent the day at the beach yesterday and got a tan...was like the middle of summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Interesting to see quite a marked distinction between the ECMF and GFS models for next Monday...Sites such as windfinder and xcweather which use the GFS models are showing a fairly stormy day on southern coasts, while inland gusts are over 50mph. The ECMF shows nothing of note, just a weak low centered off Cornwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nationwide Orange fog warning issued from 10pm tonight lasting until 11am tommorow. Take care if driving as visibility will be below 100m in many areas and fog will be slow to clear tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

5 degrees in Claremorris on the 2300 reports, there will be a nice little frost in rural areas come tomorrow morning....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Only 11c at 1400.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Think it's really cold today, very dull and the fog only cleared about 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Met Éireann's monthly weather summary for September 2015 has been issued and there have been a few records broken.

*Mace Heads' wettest September on record - 161.3mm (144% of the LTA) - this makes it more crazy that it had its driest September on record in 2014.
    *Newport's wettest September day on record - 79.4mm on the 11th.

All in all despite the high totals in parts, most of the rainfall fell in very short periods {11th-13th} and {20th-21st}. Read more about September 2015's weather here

http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/sum1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Met Éireann's monthly weather summary for September 2015 has been issued and there have been a few records broken.

*Mace Heads' wettest September on record - 161.3mm (144% of the LTA) - this makes it more crazy that it had its driest September on record in 2014.
    *Newport's wettest September day on record - 79.4mm on the 11th.

All in all despite the high totals in parts, most of the rainfall fell in very short periods {11th-13th} and {20th-21st}. Read more about September 2015's weather here

http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/sum1.pdf

The rain around Castlebar, Newport and Westport on the night of 11th was the heaviest I had seen in quite sometime here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A good night to calibrate your barometers as pressure is stable across the country at 1023hpa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Lowest max of the season so far here today at 11.3c.

New Moon

Some heavy rain coming Tuesday in parts

Some heavy rain coming Tuesday in parts
    Not DailyMail enough.
    Brace yourselves for a wet and windy week! Forecasters predict plunging temperatures and two weeks of rain in one day before a HURRICANE hits Britain on Friday

snubbleste wrote: »
    Not DailyMail enough.
    Brace yourselves for a wet and windy week! Forecasters predict plunging temperatures and two weeks of rain in one day before a HURRICANE hits Britain on Friday

Actually, though I am not sure, ex-hurricane Joaquin may hold off in the Atlantic as a blocking high comes Thursday and though parts will have some rain - not heavy though no worries, it looks it will become drier again! I hope this is true because easterly winds are gonna come in off a very cold Scandinavia and eastern Europe!!!! :) I really hope this happens, one of my happiest moods ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm going for 20c in the Dublin area on Friday if there are long sunny spells.
    Those ex-tropical storms can pump very warm air in our direction, it looks promising for some nice lenticulars too. Here's hoping!

Those ex-tropical storms can pump very warm air in our direction, it looks promising for some nice lenticulars too. Here's hoping!

The temperature though will be something like 14-16c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Actually, though I am not sure, ex-hurricane Joaquin may hold off in the Atlantic as a blocking high comes Thursday and though parts will have some rain - not heavy though no worries, it looks it will become drier again! I hope this is true because easterly winds are gonna come in off a very cold Scandinavia and eastern Europe!!!! :) I really hope this happens, one of my happiest moods ever!

Agreed that Joaquin appears to be a non-issue at this point, GFS has it veering north and ECM (supported by GEM) has it suppressed well to south.

This could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I miss the cool mornings, followed by bright sunny days of last week already

I miss the cool mornings, followed by bright sunny days of last week already

No worries, we could be back in for that from Thursday onwards if Joaquin stays off shore in the Atlantic. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Not far off that today - hit 18.8C here....and very little sun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Western Russia about to be propelled into Winter, should be well above average snow depths there by Saturday.

Sorry I've confirmed it will definitely not be. The winds from Joaquin will bring easterly direction winds anyway - not a warm direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Yodeling Snake

It's great to hear the rain beating off of the window again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

It's great to hear the rain beating off of the window again.

The rain and wind is so common here when its gone I miss it too lol:pac:

Temperature noticeably dropped today from 17c @ 13:30 to 12c @ 16:30 as the northerly wind picked up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

snubbleste wrote: »
    Temperature noticeably dropped today from 17c @ 13:30 to 12c @ 16:30 as the northerly wind picked up

It has just dived from 14c to 11C here in the past hour, under an overcast sky with no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I have an big family wedding in Dublin on 17th October. Any early thoughts on what weather might await us? Thanks

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I have an big family wedding in Dublin on 17th October. Any early thoughts on what weather might await us? Thanks

My guess right now is cold, dry and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Lovely bright, mild, dry day. 16 degrees. Looks like it might go a couple of degrees higher over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Forecast to be generally settled next week , fresher Thurs, rainfall amounts small. Cloudy week expected with lower temperatures then this week ( 10C- 12C range), will certainly make it feel more Autumnal. Easterly winds later in the week probably making it feel a lot cooler in dull condition's, houses will cool down more with the lower levels of light. No getting away from the fires/heating anymore :)

bPLVgOI.png?1

Advertisement