Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Its gone very rough here in Newport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Starting to notice the gusts here in west Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very windy in Galway now, I am recording wind speed gusts over 60 mph since around midday I did not expect it to be this bad, trees down and rubbish bins all over some City Estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Was very windy down the beach just now what I noticed was the wind was very sustained there was also a big water buoy with a flashing light on top washed in from Galway bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Wild and windy in west Galway but also very mild. It's quite lovely out there when you get a dry period.
    Lots of leaves making it difficult running surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Up in Galway, fairly windy the last 6 hours maybe but seems to be settling now. Sounded strongest between about 5pm and 8pm. It's so mild though! People are outside in t shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Padster90s wrote: »
    Up in Galway, fairly windy the last 6 hours maybe but seems to be settling now. Sounded strongest between about 5pm and 8pm. It's so mild though! People are outside in t shirts!

Looking at as bunch of Met Eireann stations...16 degrees at 10pm in November.

Saving nicely on heating bills. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Looking at as bunch of Met Eireann stations...16 degrees at 10pm in November.

Saving nicely on heating bills. :D
    Didn't think of that! More taken aback by it being mild with people in t shirts with Christmas decorations in most shop windows...it's not right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Padster90s wrote: »
    Didn't think of that! More taken aback by it being mild with people in t shirts with Christmas decorations in most shop windows...it's not right!

Definitely not right having feckin Christmas decorations up in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely crazy mild temps out there at the minute..Whatever about getting colder, it's going to be some shock to the system when we actually get normal November weather..

• Advertisement

16 degrees at midnight in November....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

16.7C here...been like that 12 hours...max 17C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

15.5c now in Sligo at 1.11am

Safe to say therel be no frost tonight

Actually the sunflowers that did so well in October have started to regrow bar the two that had their stalks broken by the gale today.

Still a few days of 16c temperatures possible this month esp tomorrow and the weekend could see a 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I don't think it broke 16C over most of the country during May this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Fairly confident last night was the mildest night ever on the island of Ireland.

Murlough, Co. Down has a min of 16.1C

Dublin Airport 15.0C

Some others above 15 degC

Exceptional.

Looks like there will could be some strong winds along western and northwest coasts Thursday, though further inland it will be a complete non-event.
    Due to potential impacts on western Scotland I think this one might end up being the first named storm.

QGOe6uR.png
    Uorlu8p.png
    Si7KVXC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Temperatures will be around normal from Friday onwards whilst Wednesday and Thursday will have slightly cooler conditions than these days.

My expected maximums for example:

Tuesday: 15c
    Wednesday: 13c
    Thursday: 13c
    Friday: 9c
    Saturday: 11c
    Sunday: 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

ah jeepers, devil i do, devil i dont....i will wear comforty warm layers to work and yet, i ended up sweating cause of this mild weather

06Z GFS. Windy conditions on the exposed coast Thursday, storm force at sea.

xJSyDJJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

For some the night of 10th November may have been the warmest of the 2015 so far. It was for me
    In Wicklow town my "low" was 15.3C @ 06:30 this morning
    High so far is 16.1C @ 03:09 today.

Station - Vantage Pro 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Abhainn wrote: »
    For some the night of 10th November may have been the warmest of the 2015 so far. It was for me

Station - Vantage Pro 2
    I was going out for a run in Bray last night, put on a compression layer and my Winter top because the wind was shaking the windows and making the roof creak, opened the front door and it was a blast of hot air! It was a Summer breeze on the 9th November, I had to change into a tshirt or I would have overheated...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

According the BBC NI, last night was potentially a November record breaker in terms of high overnight temps.

New Moon

Abhainn wrote: »

Station - Vantage Pro 2

Nah June 30th / July 1st was warmer for me as I had an overnight low of 18.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

16.7c now, somewhere in east Wicklow must be a few degrees higher than that now?
    min last night 15.2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Fairly confident last night was the mildest night ever on the island of Ireland.

Dublin Airport 15.0C

Exceptional.

Low of 17.4C here...already been up to 19.3C this morning!

I swear November 2015 has had a whole lot of record breaking warmth that would normally be expected in the Summer. My maximums and minimums so far

Sunday 1st: 18.3c 8.7c
    Monday 2nd: 17.7c 7.6c
    Tuesday 3rd: 15.9c 9.1c
    Wednesday 4th: 14.2c 9.2c
    Thursday 5th: 14.6c 9.7c
    Friday 6th: 17.4c 10.8c
    Saturday 7th: 17.1c 12.2c
    Sunday 8th: 16.5c 10.1c
    Monday 9th: 16.7c 9.3c
    Tuesday 10th: 17.2c 16.3c

Tuesday 10th officially broke my warmest November night on record and warmest Autumn night since Halloween 2014. Sunday 1st officially broke my warmest November day on record.

It is also at my warmest November on record with a mean temperature of 11.2c, +4.3c above normal. That is warmer than all the months from January-May (inclusive) and September & October. It is very close to my June temperature at 11.6c. Could I see it getting higher than the June temperature? Very high unlikely!

06Z Arpege showing gusts of 130 km/h on the Mayo coast Thursday.

These are max gusts over 72 hours.

arpegeuk-52-72-0_ddw1.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Dublin Airport 15.0C

Exceptional.

Minimum here in the South Dublin foothills was 15.7C; by some margin a record for November....such overnight temps are not common in July/August.

The highest overnight in 2015 here, until now, was 14.9C on the night of 29th/30th June!

It's over 17C outside right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This is a prime example of why I hate people claiming winter is "Nov , Dec , Jan " ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Advertisement