Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Just shy of €90? Are there different version of those? I've seen ones go for 180 on some sites recently.

there is a new version but doesnt add that much more value for the price. fly6 CE
    on wiggle as well at 94. CRC at 88.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Kmc dlc 11 speed chains , one black and red and one black and green

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Steel Lemond frameset. Pre-TREK era.
    Columbus tubing, Columbus dropouts.
    Handbuilt by Bilato in Italy, who also built frames for Pinarello, Tommassini et al...
    To say I'm excited would be an understatement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Got a Torm jersey in the post. Indistinguishable, except for slightly looser sleeves, from a Rapha Classic. Same fabric (35% merino, 65% polyester). Same solid stitching, YKK zip, two zipped pockets, zip garage, nice 'claret' colour, two arm stripes.

But half the price.

Much nicer in the flesh than on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

10 speed crankset, bar tape, brake pads, cassette, chain, and a few other finishing bits for a project

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

8valve wrote: »
    Handbuilt by Bilato in Italy, who also built frames for Pinarello, Tommassini et al...

These were really beautiful in blue / yellow team Gan colours in the mid 90s. Be sure to post a picture or two of it in the “images of beauty” thread when you get it. If it’s a 54 or 55 cm frame, I’ll be very jealous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

I had one of these many years ago . The team gan yellow and blue one . Made from excell tubing . Absolutely beautiful bike . it had a win or two in its day . I’d buy one back in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Set of Schwalbe Durano Plus 25mm & a set of MTB brake shoes to avoid postage cost

• Registered Users Posts: 3 0utspan

Circe Helios separable tandem frame-set.

To be followed by a lot of parts for the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Galibier Gloves to replace ones damaged in my crash.
    Galibier socks
    Fizik Cyrano bars for race bike
    Chain checker
    Crank arm tool
    Gels

B2W voucher in play for Cosmic Carbon Wheels so while I'll be the fattest A3 I'll look like I belong there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Northwave Artic GTX Celsius shoes, like the look of the new ones to replace my old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

2 x baselayers; bibshorts, & overshoes from Planet X sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Cycliq fly 12. Couldn't bring myself to pay for the new one, but the old one dropped enough for me to pony up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

8valve wrote: »

I used to race on one of those in the 90's, Gan colours and started off with Mavic Zap but then went to Super Record. Beautiful bike to ride and look at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Cycliq fly 12. Couldn't bring myself to pay for the new one, but the old one dropped enough for me to pony up.

I have the old one, it's heavy but brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Macy0161 wrote: »

Did you buy from Amazon?

site_owner wrote:
    Did you buy from Amazon?
    Wiggle in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Two Schwalbe one tubeless tyres, from BikeComponents.de. With a bottle of sealant.

Nothing wrong with the ones I have, but will want to change them before any long trips, and they are dear in B&M shops.

Looking closely at the current pair, they have a lot of nicks in them. But have punctured exactly once, and self-sealed as promised.

Oh...and they're fast.

And (one of those weeks) a pair of Sugoi RS Pro half-shorts for the summer, from BikeInn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Cyclic Fly6 from amazon, £59.99 on amazon at the minute for 1st gen, cheapest its been

Been considering it for a while and cant argue with that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2 x Conti Ultra Sport, 23mm for the training bike. Frame won't fit 25mm tyres which is a downright shame as I've no faith in 23mm tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones
    been trying to convince myself to get them for a few weeks now, finally pulled the trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I will be taking early retirement this Friday so end of the commute and start of more leisure/touring cycling.

Only one car at home which will be gone most days so finally managed to source one of these for everyday tasks.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/carry-freedom-y-frame-trailer/rp-prod11357

Pricey but should last for as long as I can cycle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    I will be taking early retirement this Friday so end of the commute and start of more leisure/touring cycling.

Only one car at home which will be gone most days so finally managed to source one of these for everyday tasks.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/carry-freedom-y-frame-trailer/rp-prod11357

Pricey but should last for as long as I can cycle!!

brilliant! also, good luck in your retirement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

35533508_max.jpg`
    Enough is enough.

Brand X XL Dropper Post (and Seat Clamp) for the mountain bike. Fed up of stopping and/or going into sections with the seat up as I can't be bothered - and I need all the help I can get! Also having issues with the post gradually slipping down, which is a particular pain on the spin to and from the trails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A new Di2 battery, I want to try this synchro shift jazz. I'm not entirely convinced about it but it's an itch I have to scratch. A new bottom bracket too as the old one will be written off changing the battery (thank you Canyon)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

This fella!

tfTOzHv.png

For trips to The Gap with my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Welcome return of new purchases. I was beginning to think people had given up buying new kit

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Carbon stem and aero drop handlebars from aliexpress. Fortune favours the brave. Some fluo yellow handlebar tape also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

A pair of Bont Vaypor S, my first pair of full carbon soled shoes!

Advertisement