Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ventoux by Jeremy Whittle, not doing much on the bike at the moment so might aswell read about cycling

9781471113017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Good book!

Just ordered an On-Guard Brute. Just can't get my Kryptonite New York to work with my endurance frame in work. My on-guard pitbull does, so assuming the same dimensions mean I can lock it properly through frame and wheel, with a bit of beef up in security. Whoever said a few mm's doesn't make a difference is lying :)

Through in the Sunday in Hell book with the order (Sorry Local Book Shop!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

- Cheap handlebar and stem (attempt to make the winter hack fit better and to fix the bent handlebar)
    - KMC 11 speed chain (because it's always a handy stock item)
    - Sportful no rain leg warmers
    - 2 cheap sets of fingerless gloves for indoor use

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cleats - Because they are a fiver cheaper than usual and I will need them one day
    Pink Shoelaces - Because you know what, the bright red laces I had matched a little two well, and the purple ones made it fit in with my club colours to well, these clash just well enough to make other people uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Campag 4 hole 52/36 chainrings for my Super Record crank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

from the BA thread... a Cycliq Fly12 and Castelli shorts! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

A Scicon Aerotech Evolution X TSA Bike Case - have been eying up a hard-shell case for my bike for some time - finally bit the bullet when I saw that Probikekit were selling it over £230/€260 cheaper than other retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

2 pairs of defeet woolie boolie socks and a long sleeve thermal with thumb holes in the sleeves. No such thing as too much winter gear!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Ok, so they're no longer in the post..

IMG_20181019_133927375b3700.md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Cheque from the insurance company winging its way to me now, all done and Dusted...

I've just done a deal on a Look 765 that will be getting my Di2 R8050 fitted as soon as it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

f1000 wrote: »
    Set of Schwalbe Durano Plus 25mm

Agh! ordered again as a front brake pad decided to move up and over the rim braking surface and eat its way into the fecking sidewall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Galibier Wind Pro jacket, purely to match winter bibs & Tourmalet jacket!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Cheque from the insurance company winging its way to me now, all done and Dusted...

I've just done a deal on a Look 765 that will be getting my Di2 R8050 fitted as soon as it arrives.

Serious best of luck with new steed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

An FSA Vero Pro Adventure Crankset and BB. Going to a 48/32 on one bike with a 11-34 cassette. It'lll be gappy as hell, but should be able to get up walls with it or just slog away on the rough terrain.

New Mistral Bib Tights and another set or fire feet from galibier.

The leynze light from pbk, that was on bargain alerts. The dynamo set up waits again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

A Castelli Velocissimo 3 Bib Tight with the fluro side patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

2nd hand Mavic R-Sys wheels for the winter. New crankset and bb as the chainrings are worn so as good a time as any. And looking for ergo handlebars to complete the winter service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Eek, I've been caught this week with new thermal tights and shoe covers from Sportpursuit and a replacement (under warranty) Elemnt Bolt. Hopefully I get to the postman before Mrs B does.

Bits bits bits for the build

KMC SL Gold chain
    Ultegra R8000 crankset
    Ultegra R8000 brakes
    Di2 R8050 left lever
    Wireless thingy for Di2

Bought the below bike (well deal done) and fitting R8050 Di2 and then Mavic Ksyrium SL Exaliths that I have already. Then going to move the Sram Force and wheels from the Look onto something else

Bye money *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Wahoo Kickr Core arrived today in the post - saying goodbye to sub zero winter midweek training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Bought the below bike (well deal done)

Think I seen that bike on adverts recently! lovely bit of kit :D

I’ve some of those fancy polymer coated Shimano gear cables on the way to compliment the bargain DA shifters I picked up. Wonder if they are as good as the reviews say!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You may find yourself putting the SRAM onto something and preferring it to the Di2

Weepsie wrote: »
    You may find yourself putting the SRAM onto something and preferring it to the Di2

The Di2 so far for me has been glorious, the shifting is so smooth. The Sram isn't exactly going onto a beater either, I've found myself eyeing up some very tasty frames to fit it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ordered a Kickr Core too. Seem to be flying by out of the shops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Gabba 3
    Vision Team Comp 35's
    Seasucker Talon
    Galibier Mistral Deepwinter Bib's
    Must stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

LifeLine TT-01 Magnetic Turbo Trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

bought a ProViz REFLECT360 Men's Performance Cycling Gilet

This is a highly reflective garment that is hard to miss once the light hits it on the dark roads. Earlier versions of the jackets and gilets were fairly baggy but this is has a cut more suited to cycling. It's still a comfortable fit and has around 60% ventilation on the back and also on the sides. The reflective parts are 100% poly so not breathable. It has a full zip on the front and comfortable collar. The construction seems pretty good. Good grip bands and an extended back. It is advised not to wash it too often (hand only) and only has a 25 wash life span.

It cost £74 but there was a 15% discount on the site, they also threw in a very good LED arm band and £30 in ProViz vouchers.

I've a longer commute on crap roads so I felt it necessary.

465164.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Forgive me Brothers and Sisters but I haven't bought any bike related items in the last 6 months....is there any hope for me at all? :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Earlier versions of the jackets and gilets were fairly baggy but this is has a cut more suited to cycling.
    It could've been an earlier version I got earlier in the year, but on the sizing chart I was XS, and it does fit (well could do with a few cm's on the arm length, but body it fits). I'm generally a medium in normal clothes. So check the sizing charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Discobrake carbon brake pads and holders for Campag Super Record

Advertisement