Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ultegra 6800 pedals from Pro Bike Kit to match the groupset on the new bike*. Best price I've seen since I've been looking, although could really do with deleting the cyclingbargains app!

*I know probably a waste to pay the ultegra premium for the pedals rather than just go for 105, but it matches! Saving the mismatch for the zondas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Pair of Fizik R4B's after the dog ate the boa dial on my R5B's. One way to get an upgrade I suppose :p:p Only €125 on the Canyon site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Vintage LOOK pedals for my 1986 La Vie Claire replica team bike and an ISIS drive Italian thread bottom bracket (finally found one in a bike shop in Texas!!) for the vintage Bianchi steel bike project. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

8valve wrote: »
    Vintage LOOK pedals for my 1986 La Vie Claire replica team bike and an ISIS drive Italian thread bottom bracket (finally found one in a bike shop in Texas!!) for the vintage Bianchi steel bike project. Woohoo!

Any pics of that project?

• Advertisement

Any pics of that project?

no pics of the Bianchi yet, as the frame is away getting glass bead blasted before I respray it in Celeste. I'm going to commit sacrilege by building it with Shimano parts!

pic of the LOOK and a few of my other restoration projects on my IG page https://www.instagram.com/paul.carroll.8valve/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Just received my Moon Meteor Storm Pro light and the thing is seriously bright. Can start commuting now soon.

Also got an Osprey backback for said commute. Now to see how often I join the Wimp list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

just got a new set of Mavic Cosmic Elites for training on (275 euro at PBK). removed the decals... stealthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

just landed, loads of small bits :D

from Galibier;
    winter gloves
    overshoes
    mitts
    summer jersey
    a free buff (looks like really decent quality too)

from Wiggle;
    new cassette for road bike
    new chain
    chain tool
    windproof socks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

would love to get a front rack for the workhorse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Wahoo Element Bolt as of ten minute ago... first spin in months and after the Garmin just wouldn't charge or connect properly, its old, well weathered and been acting the mick a lot since the summer, was about to pull the trigger on a 520 but actually couldn't find a bad review on the wahoo and I kinda like its design, also a bit fed up with all the connecting and clicking that went into syncing my Garmin 500 with Strava

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Wahoo Element Bolt as of ten minute ago... first spin in months and after the Garmin just wouldn't charge or connect properly, its old, well weathered and been acting the mick a lot since the summer, was about to pull the trigger on a 520 but actually couldn't find a bad review on the wahoo and I kinda like its design, also a bit fed up with all the connecting and clicking that went into syncing my Garmin 500 with Strava

Won’t regret it great gps made the switch from 520 and have not looked backed is faultless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Soft cover bike bag.
    The wife’s car can’t take a bike rack. So have to put down the back seats and put it in the boot. And don’t want to wreck it.

8.4mm silicon cord (oh the excitement!!) so I can rebuild the airvalves in my 1990s RockShox Paris Roubaix forks, for the ongoing Bianchi Steel project.
    And a pair of Continental tubs for the Spinergys going on the same bike.
    This is going to be some mongrel....cooler than penguin's piss.....but a mongrel, nonetheless.
    The vintage steel bike nazi purists will be out for my blood....:-)
    Wait till they find out I'm using a vintage Shimano groupset and not Campag!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Diadora Vortex Comp Carbon SPD-SL Road Shoes half price from chain reaction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Vittoria Voyager Hyper tyres, gloves, brake pads and a new lock to keep in work from PLanet X

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Brake pads and new wheels. Went with shimano WH-RS31.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Won’t regret it great gps made the switch from 520 and have not looked backed is faultless

Delighted with it, discovered this morning I could zoom in and out more detail on the screen... Fantastic :)

Mitts and a couple of cycling biography books, who's I can't remember......aging badly. Me not the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rocket99

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm in the right place to ask this, but sure I'll go for it anyway.
    Can anyone recommend winter cycling gloves that are water resistant? Coming home after every cycle lately with hands like ice cubes. I've seen a few guys out cycling wearing what appears to be scuba gloves, can anyone advise on this?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Rocket99 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone recommend winter cycling gloves that are water resistant? Coming home after every cycle lately with hands like ice cubes. I've seen a few guys out cycling wearing what appears to be scuba gloves, can anyone advise on this?

Cheers.
    Probably not the right place, but I'd recommend these

https://galibier.cc/product/barrier-black/

Rocket99 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers.

Dunno about Scuba gloves but I've worn Neoprene fishing gloves and they were S$%te...... although waterproof my hands seemed to get very cold inside them... Aldi's Lobster Gloves in size XL with good fleece gloves worn under them seem to work so far, better than some awful €50 Endura gloves I bought which were terrible.... (I sprayed the Aldi Lobster gloves with a water repellent silicone spray but needs redoing)

(Some people swear by Sealskinz gloves, never had them so can't comment)>

I suppose your question is in the right place once you get your gloves posted out to you...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,222 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

5 beanies and a pair of merino socks from PlanetX

CLPXBE_P1.jpg?v=bhttp:

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXBE/planet-x-beanie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's an early birthday treat for myself (and birthdays for the next couple of years have been cancelled as well as I am now skint ...).

I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for this lot to turn up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

New brake and gear cables and outers

New bottom bracket

Will give it a go at replacing them myself (might need a new bike next week :) )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hunt racing wheels, and tyres. First proper racing wheels outside of Mavic Askiums.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shimano Di2 Disc Brake levers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

cycliq fly6 off CRC

• Advertisement

thekooman wrote: »
    cycliq fly6 off CRC

Just shy of €90? Are there different version of those? I've seen ones go for 180 on some sites recently.

Advertisement