Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

ugypOm8.jpg

I just about got the bike in.
    Had to take off the derailleur and handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Planetx full monty gravel bike
    Shimano m324 spd
    Giro spd shoes
    Sks chromoplastic lifeguards
    Conti four seasons 32 mm
    Tubes
    San italia max flow saddle

Thats the commuter/all things bike sorted.

Oh and I'm now broke! Not another thing will i buy this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

2 x GP4000 s ii tyres, a Santini top and a Giro Cinder Mips Helmet. All of which are likely to be confiscated given that I forgot to change the delivery address from home to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

2018 Time Izon TL Aktiv Frameset... 55% off... boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Galibier shorts, leg warmers & arm warmers, hope to get free socks as well!!!!

I've also ordered one of these, should look well.

JRC Stem Mount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

A set of Prime RP-50 tubulars, my first set of tubular wheels! Glad I checked with Wiggle this morning about them, otherwise they’d be a month getting to me 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Altura nightvision Evo 3 jacket. My previous one is now about 10 years old or so. second zip is going but rather than replace it a second time it is time for a new jacket, current one is literally held together with staples in some places. Owes me nothing.

Unfortunately it was chepest on a site that didn't have any of the minor gimmicks i would have included in the order had I gotten it from amazon. in particular:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBB-setter-easytire-BTL-78-2-977-457-801/dp/B00A855QRY/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00A855QRY&pd_rd_r=219613c4-a520-11e8-84bd-173e62a35e8b&pd_rd_w=Jq9AR&pd_rd_wg=pBARU&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=85d62760-2a0e-407d-aa36-f3c03afc01c3&pf_rd_r=S3SNM45VDAWKFTDS7M9D&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=S3SNM45VDAWKFTDS7M9D

I will get that next time i need a few things from amazon or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halvis

A bright red Selle Anatomica X1 saddle : https://selleanatomica.com/collections/factory-outlet/products/x1-red-w-copper-rivets-closeout

Not sure it's going to work out.

Fian wrote: »
    Altura nightvision Evo 3 jacket. My previous one is now about 10 years old or so. second zip is going but rather than replace it a second time it is time for a new jacket, current one is literally held together with staples in some places. Owes me nothing.

Unfortunately it was chepest on a site that didn't have any of the minor gimmicks i would have included in the order had I gotten it from amazon. in particular:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBB-setter-easytire-BTL-78-2-977-457-801/dp/B00A855QRY/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00A855QRY&pd_rd_r=219613c4-a520-11e8-84bd-173e62a35e8b&pd_rd_w=Jq9AR&pd_rd_wg=pBARU&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=85d62760-2a0e-407d-aa36-f3c03afc01c3&pf_rd_r=S3SNM45VDAWKFTDS7M9D&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=S3SNM45VDAWKFTDS7M9D

I will get that next time i need a few things from amazon or wherever.

Amazed that this was actually delivered this morning, less than 36 hours after I had ordered it from chain reaction cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Ultegra 8000 for my old/winter bike, 50/34 11-34(they didn’t have a 30 or 32) to replace the 9spd Sora that came on it

The only annoying thing is I put new bar tape on it a few months ago and did a really good job on it (if I do say so myself)and don’t want to take it off :lol:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A carnac helmet is very slowly making it's way to me since last week... Hopefully it lives up to the good reviews they get, pricing on them is incredibly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Rapha wind check jacket. First piece of kit I’ve bought from them so curious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Box of powerbar hydro gels (orange) and a gp4000 28mm tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,298 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Succumed to the hiviz nonsense, mainly to try and get the missus to worry less for my commute, so a ProViz 360 jacket from amazon for around €40. My weak defence is that I did want a waterproof for commuting. Trusting the proviz sizing chart, which makes me an XS rather than my normal medium!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Succumed to the hiviz nonsense, mainly to try and get the missus to worry less for my commute, so a ProViz 360 jacket from amazon for around €40. My weak defence is that I did want a waterproof for commuting. Trusting the proviz sizing chart, which makes me an XS rather than my normal medium!?!

it gives everyone less to complain about tbh. "I DIDN'T SEE YOU, YOU SHOULD BE WEARING HI-V......oh, carry on..."

mloc123 wrote: »
    A carnac helmet is very slowly making it's way to me since last week... Hopefully it lives up to the good reviews they get, pricing on them is incredibly good.

And it's too small... So my wife now had a new helmet while I order again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

1. Ass saver
    2. Thermal gillet
    3. Thermal 3/4 bib shorts
    4. Torq energy drink 1.5kg lemon and lime.
    5. Arm warmers , waterproof.
    6. Schwalbe Tubeless sealant

All ordered from wiggle. On the look out for price drops on the park tool pcs 10 maintenance stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

A Tiagra compact chainset for the winter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,298 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mloc123 wrote: »
    I tried one the aero helmets as I was back fully out on the road for the first time since my last "good" helmet too a bit of bash. It seems grand tbh. Two accidents neither really my fault (one a pedestrian ran in to me and the race one) mean it's my second new one of the year. To be honest I don't think I'd spend big again, and fit was more realistic than the giro one I got last time.

Pair of Oakley Jawbreakers and a clear lens (winter is here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halvis

These - https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYCHOPPARO/challenge-open-paris-roubaix-700c-folding-tyre

Price keeps fluctuating, I got mine for £15.00 each.

I have had two pairs fail on me to be fair, but they are so comfortable and fast that at this price, on longer rides I can justify carrying a spare.

More comfortable than 28mm Conti GP4000s and feel nearly as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Taking the power meter plunge.

Favero Assioma Duo just dispatched.

Will be swapping between two bikes with different bottom brackets so went the pedal route. Hopefully get a good winter of training under my belt and get back into racing at some point next year.

Will probably get TrainerRoad sub before the price increase to get a bit of structure to my training.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Santini epic winter jersey £65 from tredz. £5 discount for signing up online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

See.Sense Ace light set

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

newbie cyclist and have benefitted a lot from here. just ordered one of these. not sure if it's a genuine bargain or even worth the price??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Brand X 120mm stem
    Firefeet socks
    Galibier Tourmalet jacket.

Jacket is red which doesn't match the good bike but wanted a bright colour for evenings/early mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Silk lining gloves. These are great in winter - keep your hands dry and warm under wet gloves, and stop that infuriating business where glove lining on fingers turns inside out because it's gluily attached to your wet fingers, and can never again be turned back into the fingers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jasmine-Gloves-Thermal-Liner-100gsm/dp/B001RDDGAA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538133074&sr=8-3&keywords=silk+cycling+gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

a Dura Ace 9000 53/39 crankset... twill look good on the bike! :rolleyes: might be fun pushing those chainrings though :P

A 9speed chain and 2 gatorskin tyres.

tyres for my commuter, the 9 speed chain is for a spare road bike. I lent it to a friend of mine and on cycling it home from collecting it the whole rear derailleur basicly exploded. I replaced teh derailleur but when i was putting the chain back on it became evident that was warped/bent too. So hopefully it will be capable of being ridden once chain is replaced.

One of the tyres on that road has a bad bald patch where the rubber has scraped off to expose the thread too, but when i tried one of the tyres that my new gatorskins are replacing on that wheel it didn't have enough clearance. So the bald one is probably going back on.

Got a call this morning to tell me these were being delivered but my wife is not at home today so they will be in depot for collection.

All in all I am kind of thinking i should just have thrown out the bloody bike. It is way too big a frame for me anyway, though my son is 6'4" and he uses it occcasionally, he also has a hybrid though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

new cleats. muckoff wet lube. chain cleaner. A wippermann chain (the quick-link is the only 11 speed you can open again and again. The link is 15 euro, a chain plus link is about 40....seems sensible to get both).

Advertisement