Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

  • 25-08-2015 8:37pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    Lately it seems I've constantly got bike stuff in the post. I've not yet hit the "i'm not spending another f**king penny " mood but getting close, but there's always something i need! Last week it was SKS raceblades, week before that it was reflective helmet cover, then it was a neck warmer and gloves.

    This week KMC 10sp chain and a rear LED light , added the rear light to get my free P&P, still needed it though.

    So what's on it's way to you right now?


«13456785

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭ vistafinder


    A Castelli murr jacket. I got one a couple of years ago and it was the best jacket I have bought until I washed it and it started leaking. Will be washing properly this time.

    Im looking at a helmet,gilets,shoes,socks,wheels……. fu-k sake


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ Raam


    A load of tubes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ newbiecamper


    New gear cables x 2 and mudguard sets x 2. Getting ready for winter and mudguards only seem to last one year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭ SomeFool


    New groupset for the commuter, i am a sucker!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    Still more winter purchasing to be done..
    Damn you winter!!!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭ Cee-Jay-Cee


    99p water proof pouch from eBay coming from China.

    Hincapie jacket from a seller here.

    SRAM out-front mount for my winter bike (eBay again)


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭ eeeee


    A second hand pair of pedals and a new track chain arrived this morning. That'll be it until after Christmas I think boo!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ aFlabbyPanda


    new shoes, bibs and waterproofs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭ Eamonnator


    Bottom bracket and gear cables


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭ jon1981


    99p water proof pouch from eBay coming from China.

    Waterproof for 99p? Sure..... :D

    On a serious note, do I need one of these ?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭ cython


    jon1981 wrote: »
    Waterproof for 99p? Sure..... :D

    On a serious note, do I need one of these ?

    Mine costs a lot less than 99p (just may be of limited durability) :pac::

    ziploc_bags_s.jpg


  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 62,444 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty


    A Quarq powermeter


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭ Inquitus


    A €40 euro fixed penalty.......


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭ dastardly00


    A Kask Vertigo 2.0 helmet :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭ Stevieg2009


    FiZik bar tape


  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭ K2


    ortlieb rollar back city panniers (to go on the dawes karakum I've just taken delivery of)....gotta love the bike to work scheme, already looking forward to getting my 3rd bike on it in 5 years time ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 596 minterno


    ****stoppers. high viz of course, a warm cap and I cant remember the third thing, just ordered off crc there a minute ago, just checked and its a skewer for the turbo all for under 30, my cheapest outing yet


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭ RainyDay


    32GB memory card for helmet camera


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭ Cee-Jay-Cee


    jon1981 wrote: »
    Waterproof for 99p? Sure..... :D

    On a serious note, do I need one of these ?

    Its just a fancy zip lock bag with a hole to tie a string to, but it looks to be a heavy grade of plastic, for 99p its worth a punt (no pun intended). Its just for my phone and key during the winter.

    99p Water Prooof bag from eBay


  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ JBokeh


    Hope 40 tooth expander sprocket for the rear, to give me an 11-40 effective cassette range, which will let me run a 34 or 36 chainring at the front without it feeling like my legs are warping from the climbs. Handy gadget, you remove the 15t cog from the cassette, and put the 40t on the hub body first, and then the rest of the cassette without the 15t. Gives the range of 11 speed without the cost, or the allegedly fragile chain,only downside is the 17 to 13 gap high up the cassette.

    Got some dura ace ebay brake callipers because my road ultegra ones are gone stiff, could put grease in them, but buying secondhand seems like good value


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭ Cee-Jay-Cee


    JBokeh wrote: »
    Hope 40 tooth expander sprocket for the rear, to give me an 11-40 effective cassette range, which will let me run a 34 or 36 chainring at the front without it feeling like my legs are warping from the climbs. Handy gadget, you remove the 15t cog from the cassette, and put the 40t on the hub body first, and then the rest of the cassette without the 15t. Gives the range of 11 speed without the cost, or the allegedly fragile chain,only downside is the 17 to 13 gap high up the cassette.

    Got some dura ace ebay brake callipers because my road ultegra ones are gone stiff, could put grease in them, but buying secondhand seems like good value

    I'm assuming the 40T is for a MTB?


  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ Mec-a-nic


    Damn you rosebikes - too much nice stuff - currently in the post - all the stuff I forgot in the order I made last week for a 1990s MTB retro rebuild:

    * 107mm bottom bracket (square taper)
    * cheap 27.0 mm seatpost because I don't want to hammer in the expensive 27.2mm seatpost in my spares box
    * a 5mm spacer for a 1inch headset because I don't need the canti hanger - moving up to v-brake (yeah!)
    * another LED headlamp for dynamo (winter is coming! - halogen ain't going to cut it)


  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭ Crocked


    A 105 groupset, set of RS010 11 speed compatible wheels & cassette for the winter and pair of Castelli bibs. Hoping I've gotten the sizing right on the bibs this time


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 Zyzz


    Mail order bride.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 Bloggsie


    jon1981 wrote: »
    Lately it seems I've constantly got bike stuff in the post. I've not yet hit the "i'm not spending another f**king penny " mood but getting close, but there's always something i need! Last week it was SKS raceblades, week before that it was reflective helmet cover, then it was a neck warmer and gloves.

    This week KMC 10sp chain and a rear LED light , added the rear light to get my free P&P, still needed it though.

    So what's on it's way to you right now?
    new tyres(but im gonna go to my lbs)


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭ cython


    Should have added to my previous post, I've a set of Northwave Torpedo Plus (Canyon shoe sale), and a Gabba convertible in or soon to be in the post at the moment. I'd have killed for the latter yesterday evening in one shower I got caught in on the way out to Corkagh Park to spectate/support!


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭ eeeee


    Zyzz wrote: »
    Mail order bride.

    Are they a cyclist?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 link_2007


    gadetra wrote: »
    Are they a cyclist?
    No, but he's going to ride her......

    Sorry, it's too early for jokes like that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭ cython


    I just thought it was his way of putting an actually number on the much-maligned S-1 quantity in order to keep a bike-buying addiction in check......


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭ eeeee


    link_2007 wrote: »
    No, but he's going to ride her......

    Sorry, it's too early for jokes like that.

    Why assume It's a her?

    Zyzz has several new bikes to buy. Crashing a race bike means there must be at least two replacements :D


Advertisement