Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hi guys....is it that time of year again :)
    Things are looking interesting.

Interesting? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Interesting? How?

Lots of talk of it being a cold snowy winter but a lot of bull too..... its still a little to early to say how it will turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Lots of talk of it being a cold snowy winter but a lot of bull too..... its still a little to early to say how it will turn out.

Same as every year then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah loads said last year was gonna be very cold and snowy. Overall, it wasn't snowy at all and it wasn't that cold. In fact, December was warmer than normal in many parts, January was variable but February was much colder than normal - again though hardly any snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Midlands Minnie

I see the Daily Express has done their annual "Worst Winter in 100 Years" story. They must realise that we've seen it year after year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah loads said last year was gonna be very cold and snowy. Overall, it wasn't snowy at all and it wasn't that cold. In fact, December was warmer than normal in many parts, January was variable but February was much colder than normal - again though hardly any snow.

That's Been the case the last few years has it not.
    I'd have no problem with it being freezing could from now on but come then end of February it gets tiresome.
    That horrible cold westerly wind from then until may we seem to be getting the last few years is just rank

That's Been the case the last few years has it not.
    I'd have no problem with it being freezing could from now on but come then end of February it gets tiresome.
    That horrible cold westerly wind from then until may we seem to be getting the last few years is just rank

Do you not mean months because we hardly had a cold westerly wind in 2014 at all. Every month this year has been colder than normal at my region - I don't know about you and that is mainly down to these directions of winds

January: North westerly
    February: Northerly
    March: North westerly
    April: North westerly / southerly - cold nights made all the difference
    May: North westerly
    June: North westerly
    July: North westerly
    August: Westerly
    September: Northerly or westerly
    October so far: Southerly, now becoming easterly

I will hope to god, easterly winds will continue into the Winter. Please let it snow and get cold like the end of November 2010 with those easterly winds!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

I see the Daily Express has done their annual "Worst Winter in 100 Years" story. They must realise that we've seen it year after year.

They'll be right some year if they stick to their guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

They'll be right some year if they stick to their guns!

Same way as a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Ah Good old James Madman again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

can you give any indication to what winter 2015 will be like or have you posted it already?

can you give any indication to what winter 2015 will be like or have you posted it already?

Nobody can give any indication what the winter weather will be like in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Its looking like we are in for a good blast of snow, all the signs are there. Bring it on.

Ah Good old James Madman again

Unfair to single him out.anyone who tries to predict the weather for irelands winter so far ahead is,as I have said before full of spoof and waffle.they p!ay to the crowd and amazingly some of the crowd actually believe it.yes I agree James Madden is a chancer,but he,s not the only one who tries to predict the weather so far ahead and fails time and time again.its actually becoming laughable and tiresome at this stage the way people react to these "forecasts"

Nobody can give any indication what the winter weather will be like in Ireland.

I thought M.T might have recently posted it or was/is going to

I thought M.T might have recently posted it or was/is going to

Doesn't really matter if he did or not,its all guesswork anyway.there is no scientific formula or otherwise to work out Ireland's weather so far ahead.

I #really #hope [but not betting on] that it will be cold like 09/10 or even just cold. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

I #really #hope [but not betting on] that it will be cold like 09/10 or even just cold. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

I would love that too,a proper winter.we will just have to wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yes.
    In Siberia

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

I predict that AA Roadwatch will report the R539 and B28 closed for at least one hour, owing to snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Well, we're supposed to get sneachta in southern Poland in the next 48 hours...

I think it's supposed to be a very mild winter due to the Super El nino, similar to the Mid 1990's level of roses in December warmth.

But I guess you never really know.

I think it's supposed to be a very mild winter due to the Super El nino, similar to the Mid 1990's level of roses in December warmth.

But I guess you never really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I don't take an absolute view of this question either way. Of course there is no reliable method to give a very accurate seasonal forecast, nobody except a few tabloids would dispute this. On the other hand, there's general interest in the educated guesses of various people, and all the others are certain to give you theirs, so I may as well give mine. Look for that in the coming week, I am not quite finished my work on this project. The fact is that some other regions of the world now seem to have reached a point where more than totally random seasonal forecasts are often made. I think that Ireland (and western Europe in general) are probably not there yet. But I expect that might come about gradually rather than all of a sudden. Anyway, the regular daily forecast will appear by 0730h.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yes it will.

There a bunch of scenarios that work out it should be a colder than normal Winter.

Firstly, right now we are getting easterly winds and the continent is becoming colder than normal - this will have an effect on our weather too. The end of November 2010's snowfall and cold weather was because of easterly winds. However, it is still mild enough for October and are not expecting any snow. So wait until like mid-November to see if this scenario will happen.

Secondly, the winds could come off a much colder than normal Atlantic and therefore, our weather should be much colder than normal. This happened at times last Winter, more especially during mid-January.

Thirdly, however, though this is least likely scenario, winds could come from the south and therefore bring an exceptionally mild Winter. Remember however, there are more chances that we will have a cold Winter than a mild Winter.

It is way too early to predict any snow I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

This is links is 5 years old and still makes happy lol
    https://youtu.be/dHwAamQ0b9Y

Don't think we are ever going to anything like that again
    Or are we ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Tindie wrote: »
    This is links is 5 years old and still makes happy lol
    https://youtu.be/dHwAamQ0b9Y

Don't think we are ever going to anything like that again
    Or are we ...............

OMG I thought I was the only one who loves watching them reminding of those days. :)

• Advertisement

I'm not a happy bunny cause I know we'll never get this weather again or for a least a very long time....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement