Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Just signed up to claim my £5, topped up to get £40ish to purchase my amazon gift card to receive my free £10, its a money making machine :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

I joined up and added €10 with another card i have fine and got my £5 credit. Also sent a request to a friend to see if i get another £5 if they join.

It say you can invite friends via FB. How do you do this???

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

soirish wrote: »
    Interesting, can you sign-up for this card outside Germany?

I think they've stopped non-German residents opening accounts with them in mid 2014, as you noted above also. Its noted on some website if you google "DKB card" that they may open to non-residents at some point.

Another bank in Germany and Austria are quite similar and they are called "Number 26" https://number26.de/en/ They are just open to German's and Austrians I think but I'm keeping a close eye on development.

It is a really a positive development for banking now that international travel is very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think they've stopped non-German residents opening accounts with them in mid 2014, as you noted above also. Its noted on some website if you google "DKB card" that they may open to non-residents at some point.

Another bank in Germany and Austria are quite similar and they are called "Number 26" https://number26.de/en/ They are just open to German's and Austrians I think but I'm keeping a close eye on development.

It is a really a positive development for banking now that international travel is very common.

DKB stopped new accounts for non German's a while ago after loads of people tried. They still on occasion accept non German's if the person speaks German (as everything has to be done in German) and there is a reason for a German account (like moving to Germany soon etc.).

It's a great account as it's really fee free (they even refund operator surcharges on ATM's) and once you build a relationship with them they give you a better credit line on account and visa card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Just signed up to claim my £5, topped up to get £40ish to purchase my amazon gift card to receive my free £10, its a money making machine :-)

I did this too with amazon and got charged £1 then £40, for a total of £41. Strange, maybe the £1 will get refunded?

Yeah an authorisation fee no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

For DKB/Number26 is it possible to open an account using http://www.mailboxde.com address?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Friend signed up using my link, I got £5, I then suggested he ask about the MSE code and he got £5!

Loving this service!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Exce11ent

Anyone know does the €30pa stamp duty apply?

• Advertisement

Exce11ent wrote: »
    Anyone know does the €30pa stamp duty apply?

Not based in ROI so they don't report to our government or need to charge it.

My logic could be flawed though.

If in doubt just use a Parcel Motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

30euro stamp duty is only on credit cards, which this certainly is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone successfully withdraw to their bank account, how long did it take?

Signed up and got the free £5 bonus, then got my friend who owed me some cash to sign up and send it that way and got another £5 for referring him.. score!

Withdrew yesterday to bank account, curious how long it takes

Arrived into my bank account today, so it took 3 days to hit from withdrawal. This thing is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Did a bank transfer from AIB on Sunday and the bank transferred the amount on Monday but still not showing. Contacted support and had to email a picture of transfer and they said I had put in the wrong reference number and will be taking care of it even though I checked many times before I hit the transfer button.
    Going on holidays on Monday but will not need the money until the week after so asked if I could transfer money now to be sure I have it by then support said it's ok to do it now, emailed them a picture of that too. Contacted AIB and he said my reference number is in the transfer.
    So now awaiting my trial €10 and my holiday money to go through so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I made a deposit to my account and it went to the € currency. I transferred some money to the £ currency and made an online purchase in £.
    Will it be automatically taken from my £ currency on the card or is it defaulted to the € currency.

I asked support but no reply yet.

Also how long does it take for transitions to show up on the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I've only had one hitch so far and that was when a merchant was entering details manually over phone and needed a pin, (Security measure apparently).

Also in case anyone else comes across this, I had to purchase something from China, delivered to a ParcelConnect address and the merchant needed the card to have the same address. Customer service said to change the address on the app, i did and it went through fine.

Great card IMO. I hope it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Satriale wrote: »
    I've only had one hitch so far and that was when a merchant was entering details manually over phone and needed a pin, (Security measure apparently).

Also in case anyone else comes across this, I had to purchase something from China, delivered to a ParcelConnect address and the merchant needed the card to have the same address. Customer service said to change the address on the app, i did and it went through fine.

Great card IMO. I hope it lasts.

Wow, a PIN is never required by a merchant. Maximum is the CCV number (3 digits on the back). I would be worried about your card being cloned and an ATM used to clean it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Wow, a PIN is never required by a merchant. Maximum is the CCV number (3 digits on the back). I would be worried about your card being cloned and an ATM used to clean it out.

Sorry i may not have explained properly. I didn't give them my pin, nor did they ask, i think it was required because the machine had pin capability and i wasnt physically there so as a security measure it was declined, no biggie, I used my credit card instead.

I wouldnt be too worried about the cloning, they can only clean out what you put in, and i wont be parking the kids college fund there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

I made a deposit to my account and it went to the € currency. I transferred some money to the £ currency and made an online purchase in £.
    Will it be automatically taken from my £ currency on the card or is it defaulted to the € currency.

I bought from Amazon the other day, it automatically deducted from the £ balance (my free £5 for signing up :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

hats off to the op, this is already saving me a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

I had £5 and €50 when I spent about £30 on Amazon.
    It deducted the entire £30 from my Euro account at the fair FX rate.

I think it will deduct from your £ account if there are sufficient funds and if not deduct the entire amount from your € account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Satriale wrote: »

Yeah, I'd be blocking the card if I were you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

dubrov wrote: »
    I had £5 and €50 when I spent about £30 on Amazon.
    It deducted the entire £30 from my Euro account at the fair FX rate.

I think it will deduct from your £ account if there are sufficient funds and if not deduct the entire amount from your € account.

Now I understand why it was telling me that I didn't have enough funds on the card for a 40gbp transaction while I had 25 GBP and 35 EUR on the card. It tried to take the full amount from either GBP and EUR instead of combining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Amouar wrote: »
    Now I understand why it was telling me that I didn't have enough funds on the card for a 40gbp transaction while I had 25 GBP and 35 EUR on the card. It tried to take the full amount from either GBP and EUR instead of combining.

handy to know.

Have yet to try the physical card out in store but other than that I love this, used it on Google Play a few times and went through perfectly.

I'm curious though, if you topped up with a Revolut MasterCard in order to get the £5 on a new account sign up would it go through? I'm thinking genuine reasons here like a friend/family member wanting to sign up and weary of what is essentially a new name to most, things like that.

Just curious and not entirely wanting to try it for myself in case something goes wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Anyone else having problem viewing their PIN ? When I tap on 'show my PIN' nothing happens ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    Anyone else having problem viewing their PIN ? When I tap on 'show my PIN' nothing happens ??

Check if there's an update for the app, if not uninstall and reinstall and should work then.

Had that issue myself, probably a security feature or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Niemoj wrote: »
    I'm curious though, if you topped up with a Revolut MasterCard in order to get the £5 on a new account sign up would it go through? I'm thinking genuine reasons here like a friend/family member wanting to sign up and weary of what is essentially a new name to most, things like that.

Nope it says "you cannot use a revolut card" or some crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

eamonnq wrote: »

I had to log out and log in again to see my pin. The logout button is in My Profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Niemoj wrote: »
    Check if there's an update for the app, if not uninstall and reinstall and should work then.

Had that issue myself, probably a security feature or something.

Uninstall and reinstall did the trick!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement