Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Seem to be having a few issues.
    Can't add my card to any sites. Amazon refused a payment today. Can't add the card to PayPal or Google Play.
    When I click show pin nothing happens in the app.
    My address is all mixed up and area displayed before town and county displays before my house number even though I have it entered correctly.
    Got home just now and found the physical card had arrived (9 days after I ordered it) and the expire date is different from what's displayed in the app.
    Going to uninstall and try again but not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Seem to be having a few issues.
    Can't add my card to any sites. Amazon refused a payment today. Can't add the card to PayPal or Google Play.
    When I click show pin nothing happens in the app.
    My address is all mixed up and area displayed before town and county displays before my house number even though I have it entered correctly.
    Got home just now and found the physical card had arrived (9 days after I ordered it) and the expire date is different from what's displayed in the app.
    Going to uninstall and try again but not looking good.

Contact support. I had a few issues and they sorted them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Contact support. I had a few issues and they sorted them out.

All sorted.
    Reinstall did the trick.
    Address is still a bit messed up but the app now has stopped force closing and all info is correct according to physical card. Added to PayPal and Google so looking good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

All sorted.
    Reinstall did the trick.
    Address is still a bit messed up but the app now has stopped force closing and all info is correct according to physical card. Added to PayPal and Google so looking good.

They left out the county on my address!

So it was delivered with my name, house number + street only, along with the Eircode but considering I don't think An Post use that that's not too bad.

Fair play An Post :D

Niemoj wrote: »
    They left out the county on my address!

So it was delivered with my name, house number + street only, along with the Eircode but considering I don't think An Post use that that's not too bad.

Fair play An Post :D

Of course An Post use eircode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Oh right, I thought they opposed it or something.

My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

No they dont! Try sending urself a postcard with ur name and eircode only. You will never see the postcard again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

OU812 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be blocking the card if I were you...

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is there any way to top this card up without attaching it to your bank account?

bmm wrote: »
    No they dont! Try sending urself a postcard with ur name and eircode only. You will never see the postcard again .

I did. And I got it the next day.

But you're supposed to use eircode with your address, not as a standalone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I just used this card to make a purchase of £425.I placed the order and it went through, got a message from revolut saying payment made/successful and they took £1 outta my account.
    I presume the company who I used will be onto me shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Has anyone used the physical card to withdraw $$$ from ATM's in the US yet?
    Heading over to Vegas in December & thinking of using this instead of changing physical currency in the bank, dont wanna get left with a loada cash in the account though & have ATM's refuse my request to get at it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Allyall wrote: »
    Is there any way to top this card up without attaching it to your bank account?

I topped it up with my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just used it to buy Singapore credit for the Xbox. $56 worth cost me €34.68.

Looking at XE now $56 comes in at around €34.95

How are Revolut giving a better rate than XE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just used It in a local chipper. It showed up on their machine as a UK card and produced a receipt with the conversion on it.

Is it possible to change the PIN in an ATM?

Just used It in a local chipper. It showed up on their machine as a UK card and produced a receipt with the conversion on it.

you can change the pin when on the app . go to card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you have all your money in Sterling on it ?

Money is in euros.

I know how to change the pin for the app, but the pin for the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Money is in euros.

Click into show your pin for the card and you'll see an option to change it.

Money is in euros.

Thats what I mean change the pin for the card when you are on the app.
    Go to:
    My Card -Show Pin-There is the option to change it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭Sono

I can't seem to verify my account with my drivers licence, it's one of the new ones but it doesn't seem to work, anyone else have similar issues?

No option to change Pin on iPhone.

Maybe because I'm on iOS 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Looks like I've been stupid. I signed up for this ok, lodged money from debit card, got my free £5 and requested my physical card.

I had a quick look around the app and everything was fine. I found the option to log out which says it removes all personal information. I was a bit unsure but clicked ok.

Just went back in to sign in and it's taking me through the initial registration again. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

It is a UK card, your account is held with barclays UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://www.weswap.com/en/fees-and-limits-new/ - this crowd say they are charging the €5 Irish Government Duty.

What they don't mention is if you don't use both an ATM and the card as POS you only should be charged €2.50.

I wonder what Revolut are doing -nothing on the website.

No option to change Pin on iPhone.

Maybe because I'm on iOS 9.

- You use an ATM to change your PIN and the change is in real time. I used a BOI ATM -it shows as a free transaction.

The time was wrong but then it corrected itself later - the free transaction is still showing as pending but when I check my PIN on the app it is showing the new PIN I selected at the BOI ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

It would be nice if it worked with Apple Pay. Would they even get support since it's a prepay card?

retweet wrote: »
    It would be nice if it worked with Apple Pay. Would they even get support since it's a prepay card?

-Can't see that happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the physical card to withdraw $$$ from ATM's in the US yet?
    Heading over to Vegas in December & thinking of using this instead of changing physical currency in the bank, dont wanna get left with a loada cash in the account though & have ATM's refuse my request to get at it

There was a guy earlier in the thread did it with no issues.

I'll be testing it in small amounts in New York next month, then will hopefully be able to use it alone in Vegas in December!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Am I still protected online when I make purchases with this? If it's just MasterCard and not a debit card then we can still charge back if anything goes wrong?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement