Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Anyone use it online?

Used it on Aliexpress, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Did you verify identity acalmenvoy yet? I have not done it myself so far.

I would have thought the U.K. is the best place to use a U.K. issued card.

Loving the feedback here from users.

Yeah. Identity verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

I received my card, and got the pin code via "see pin" in the app yesterday. After wasting half of the day yesterday between emails and support via the app my top ups were eventually applied and now today i find it is saying that the card is being printed and the "see pin" button has gone?? Will not be very impressed if the pin number I got on Friday no longer works now that they have my money!

Can this save me any money over my Visa debit card? All I really do is buy stuff on eBay with PayPal and Amazon with their currency converter.....I get the feeling this card is aimed at travelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Can this save me any money over my Visa debit card? All I really do is buy stuff on eBay with PayPal and Amazon with their currency converter.....I get the feeling this card is aimed at travelers.

The banks or Amazon/Paypal will be profiting from your currency exchanges, this card will cut out them out of the loop by giving you the same rates they get when buying currency.

• Advertisement

Took me three goes to add the card to PayPal because of the funky way they processed my address details. Love the way I was able to link and confirm my card almost instantly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Used it online in US Dollars, Sterling and Indian Ruppees. All rates were within 1c of XE.com. Will be using it over in Turkey/India and Nepal at the ATMS. If it works there with no fees, I'll be seriously impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

So this can be used as a separate card for Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zyzz wrote: »
    So this can be used as a separate card for Amazon?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Sending invites to friends doesn't work for me. Keep getting an error to try again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i have had zero issues with the card, transffere 100 euros to it, no id check yet, used it on paypal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I've linked the card to my paypal and have been using to make a lot of purchases. The last purchase I made was today.

Paypal were giving me $1.08104 per €1
    Revolut gave me $1.1149 per €1

(see screenshots attached)

Thats quite a difference and really adds up if you use paypal alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I opened an account last monday (31/08) and so far received my £5 bonus, physical card in the mail and used it on a amazon.co.uk transaction in GBP. I've invited a few friends using the button on the app (which sends a text message) but so far havent been notified of a further £5 bonus.
    I'm curious to try to withdraw money from a UK ATM. Will try that next week and let u know.
    So far so good, really like the service. I'm pretty sure the business model is not sustainable as it is but as long as it works for free I'll keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

Transferred money from my bank account on Sunday morning still has not gone into to the account yet. There support now wants me to send them all my bank details like bic numbers account numbers the lot.
    Check the transfer with my on line bank and I have entered all the right info not mad about sending that sort of info over some app will ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

wush06 wrote: »
    Transferred money from my bank account on Sunday morning still has not gone into to the account yet. There support now wants me to send them all my bank details like bic numbers account numbers the lot.
    Check the transfer with my on line bank and I have entered all the right info not mad about sending that sort of info over some app will ring them tomorrow.

Bank transfers done on a weekend are not initiated until the Monday.... It should probably be there Wednesday morning at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

wush06 wrote: »
    Bank transfers done on a weekend after initiated until the Monday.... It should probably be there Wednesday morning at the latest.

Most cross border transfers take 2 working days. What do you think was going to happen your payment on a Sunday?
    As the Aytolla says, Wednesday it will be most likely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bank transfers done on a weekend after initiated until the Monday.... It should probably be there Wednesday morning at the latest.

This, what did you expect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

App says show pin on the card with a delivery date of today but no sign of it yet, hopefully it comes tomorrow.

Something interesting I noticed.

I topped up by €10 to get the £5 bonus with my AIB Visa Debit card and it actually says it was topped up via Royal Bank Of Scotland!

Strange that it's seeing it as a Scottish bank (incorrect) as opposed to an Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Niemoj wrote: »

I topped up by €10 to get the £5 bonus with my AIB Visa Debit card and it actually says it was topped up via Royal Bank Of Scotland!

Strange that it's seeing it as a Scottish bank (incorrect) as opposed to an Irish one.

Same for my ptsb visa debit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Niemoj wrote: »

It depends on who they use for their clearing services. Bank of Ireland for example, use Lloyds for their UK clearing. Or they used to anyway.
    Some banks use intermediary banks as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭sangsung

Folks I am going on holidays to Italy next week. Would I be better off using my revolut card while there rather than my Visa Debit? Would I save on fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Changed my pin yesterday and the card was rejected in store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

soirish wrote: »
    Changed my pin yesterday and the card was rejected in store today.

I think you're best verifying yourself with Revolut before relying on it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone have any lucky verifying ?

Tried using the driving licence but it seems impossible. What's the technique required?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Anyone have any lucky verifying ?

Tried using the driving licence but it seems impossible. What's the technique required?

It will work if you have one of the new credit card licenses.Otherwise,use your passport,and just line it all up till the lines change colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

vandriver wrote: »
    It will work if you have one of the new credit card licenses.Otherwise,use your passport,and just line it all up till the lines change colour.

I was able to verify with my pinky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Frynge wrote: »
    I was able to verify with my pinky!

Same here, it looks like they are only interested in the picture and not the details so just turn your pinky sideways.

Still no card. I get they're probably swamped with demand but how long should I wait before I cancel the card in case An Post/whoever have taken it?

• Advertisement

I just noticed on the card I have yet to get that the pin is 1313!

I thought recurring numbers like this aren't allowed in a pin as they're too easy?

Has since been changed now of course!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement