Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Can't seem to sign up, says something has gone wrong, anyone encountered this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Signed up this morning and got my bonus £5.

However I tried to order an item over the phone from the UK and the card was declined. I tried adding it to my PayPal and it was declined.

I've asked Support for assistance though the app and am still awaiting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Signed up this morning and got my bonus £5.

However I tried to order an item over the phone from the UK and the card was declined. I tried adding it to my PayPal and it was declined.

I've asked Support for assistance though the app and am still awaiting a response.

Have you verified your identity yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I still can't get my pin to show, when I press show pin nothing happens, anyone have an idea what's wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Think I will have to stick to the old exchange methods as I've had no luck with this card at all.

Bank transfer still not showing on card, I read that it is taking 3-5 days so thought I'd try using my debit card to top up and see if that would go through any quicker - input details and an error message came up, didn't even get to finish reading the message before it disappeared off the screen.
    Am reluctant to try it again after reading on mse about this happening to someone else and they tried it a few times and even though they got an error each time and it didn't show on the card the money was taken off their debit card.
    Emailed revolution this morning but no reply as yet so looks like I won't be using my card for my upcoming trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

What identify verification to these guys demand?
    Driving licence, passport,national id card

eamonnq wrote: »
    Have you verified your identity yet ?

Just did it in the past 10 minutes. I don't know if that makes a difference to the card use. I understood that it was just in case of use in excess of €1500 per year. I did it anyway.

Before I verified my identity I tried to add the card to my PayPal account again and this time it seems to have gone thought. I have tried to link and confirm the account also. Hopefully the PayPal code will be shown in the transaction history on the app.

Just did it in the past 10 minutes. I don't know if that makes a difference to the card use. I understood that it was just in case of use in excess of €1500 per year. I did it anyway.

Before I verified my identity I tried to add the card to my PayPal account again and this time it seems to have gone thought. I have tried to link and confirm the account also. Hopefully the PayPal code will be shown in the transaction history on the app.
    I wonder is that why my test purchase was declined?

vandriver wrote: »
    I wonder is that why my test purchase was declined?

Hard to say. Support via the app is very slow and pretty unhelpful. I get the impression the person at the other end is really just shrugging their shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

11214 wrote: »
    I still can't get my pin to show, when I press show pin nothing happens, anyone have an idea what's wrong?

logout via the app and then log back in again

They have asked me to email a copy of the receipt for my bank transfer. What is the point of reference numbers?

logout via the app and then log back in again

Thank you, worked perfect.

Anyone else having issues trying to verify identity? Finally got my bank transfer applied and decided to try to verify my identity but once i click on it and then click passport a pop up window comes up stating the app has stopped working and brings up a crash report for revolut feed back.

chasm wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues trying to verify identity? Finally got my bank transfer applied and decided to try to verify my identity but once i click on it and then click passport a pop up window comes up stating the app has stopped working and brings up a crash report for revolut feed back.

I am, I just thought it was my phone.

11214 wrote: »
    I am, I just thought it was my phone.

Got a faster reply from CS this time, i have to email a photo of my passport, a photo of me and a photo of me and my passport. The email address that i have to send these to is different to the support email address so might be worth contacting support through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

hots wrote: »
    Bit of a d/ck question, but to guys that have been using it for a while, do you feel it's safe? Going over to the states and would be very handy to throw some of the spends into dollars now but have them easily back into euros if needs be. Haven't seen anyone putting sums >€50 on yet and was wondering is it because ye're not sure if their trustable yet? Thanks
    I have used it for a $195 transaction a week ago and it was fine, I'm off to the US in two weeks and will be using it. Have not decided if I will top up as I go (I can use my data allowance in the US) or top up before I go with a large amount.

Hard to say. Support via the app is very slow and pretty unhelpful. I get the impression the person at the other end is really just shrugging their shoulders.
    Tried a second test purchase,now that my identity has been verified,and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"The $1 (€0.89) is an authorization which should expire in a week or so and be credited back to your revolut account."

This Paypal transaction is still showing as status pending since August 29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

revz wrote: »
    over in the USA now, withdrew money at ATM no hassle at all.

Also transferred $ to my friend's account to repay him. All good.

No fees for either of the above ^

Further update:
    Took money out of another ATM and this time got a "convenience fee" of $3 from the bank
    (both times I've used an ATM has been with Bank of America; the time in Charlotte Airport there was no fee, since I've been in San Fran a few different bank's ATMs have warned me of this "convenience fee" before confirming withdrawal, so seems to be due to location)

Paid in a store with the card with no fees. Wouldn't go through as a debit transaction, but went through as a credit with no PIN needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

revz wrote: »
    Paid in a store with the card with no fees. Wouldn't go through as a debit transaction, but went through as a credit with no PIN needed.

That always happens to me with any debit cards over there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone use it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone use it online?

I used mine on the Canadian Microsoft store linked through PayPal.

Anyone use it online?

- Paid €5 to Electric Ireland as I previously mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Spent 950 buying event tickets for Blackpool.
    I'm a bit wary about using it over there, saw stories on MSE of cards being blocked and topups going amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Anyone use it online?

I used it on the pizza hut delivery website, all good.

Did you verify identity acalmenvoy yet? I have not done it myself so far.

I would have thought the U.K. is the best place to use a U.K. issued card.

Loving the feedback here from users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bet 365 will accept it .

I tried it with bet365 but wouldn't take it, what card type did you choose, did you have to do anything to get it working?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Anybody use the card to top up Leap card using Luas, DART or Commuter Rail ticket machines in the ‘Short Hop Zone’?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement