Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Niemoj wrote: »
    Still no card. I get they're probably swamped with demand but how long should I wait before I cancel the card in case An Post/whoever have taken it?

when did you order the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

duffman13 wrote: »

Probably Sunday judging by some of the posters on here! :D

Edit - some fella posted his Mastercard pin on a public forum. I really have seen it all.

Take me now Lord, I'm ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Probably Sunday judging by some of the posters on here! :D

Edit - some fella posted his Mastercard pin on a public forum. I really have seen it all.

Take me now Lord, I'm ready.

God forbid someone could get my information from it and drain my account of £5!!

I changed it before posting here anyway.

duffman13 wrote: »

2 September.

Was supposed to have been here on the 7th and no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

My card arrived one day sfter the expected delivery.

If anyone is worried about the card being lost in the post and someone using it, you can just block the card in the app and then unblock whenever you want to use it.

Also i was in a shop earlier and had forgotten my wallet but the revolut card was in the car. Between leaving the the shop for the car and back in i had €30 lodged on the card and it worked perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Still no card. I get they're probably swamped with demand but how long should I wait before I cancel the card in case An Post/whoever have taken it?
    Have you contacted Revolut via in the in app support?

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Have you contacted Revolut via in the in app support?

Yeah, I tried it and they basically said to wait a bit and see does it show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Bank transfers done on a weekend are not initiated until the Monday.... It should probably be there Wednesday morning at the latest.
    Most cross border transfers take 2 working days. What do you think was going to happen your payment on a Sunday?
    As the Aytolla says, Wednesday it will be most likely there.
    This, what did you expect

From there website

You can top up instantly using your debit card or via a bank transfer. Open the Revolut App and tap 'Top Up' to enter your debit card details. If you want to top up via bank transfer you can find the necessary details by tapping the top menu 'Top up by Card' if you are on iOS or swiping left if you are on Android. You must use your 8-digit reference number if you are topping up via bank transfer for the transaction to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

sangsung wrote: »
    Folks I am going on holidays to Italy next week. Would I be better off using my revolut card while there rather than my Visa Debit? Would I save on fees?

There shouldn't be any fees within the eurozone so no advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

I just noticed on the card I have yet to get that the pin is 1313!

I thought recurring numbers like this aren't allowed in a pin as they're too easy?

Has since been changed now of course!

How do you change the pin? Mine has a recurring theme too.....

• Advertisement

gipi wrote: »
    How do you change the pin? Mine has a recurring theme too.....

On the app under "My Card" tap show pin and there's an option to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just used it as a test in Istanbul. Took out 20 Lira, €5.95 was taken out of my revolute balance, exactly what xe.com said. No fees at all. Great being able to take out only small amounts at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

wush06 wrote: »
    From there website

You can top up instantly using your debit card or via a bank transfer.

They should probably have a comma before the "or" :
    "You can top up instantly using your debit card, or via a Bank Transfer" to make it clearer that the "instantly" part only applies to the debit card.

But it begs the question, if they make money by the small fees that merchants pay when you use your revolut card, don't they have to pay the same fees to your debit card provider when you top up using a debit card?

On the app under "My Card" tap show pin and there's an option to change it.

Thanks, no option on mine to change though? Not a major issue, I'lk keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Same here and i have verified identity. As you say no biggie

Thanks, no option on mine to change though? Not a major issue, I'lk keep an eye on it.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Same here and i have verified identity. As you say no biggie

Just discovered that my version of the app needs to be updated...and one of the new features is change pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Used my card for the first time yesterday here in the UK. Withdrew sterling at an ATM and had no issues whatsoever.
    After the issues I had with topping up etc I made a point of bringing some sterling with me in case I had any other problems but it all seems sorted now and it was a straightforward transaction, can't remember the exact rate but i think it was .72 and I saved on the AIB commission too so I'm happy out. Thanks OP

Thanks, just updated the app and the change pin now showing too.

Just discovered that my version of the app needs to be updated...and one of the new features is change pin.

Finally got the card, included the Eircode but county was left out and still got here no bother, still not entirelt sold on that €27m+ scheme but that's for a different thread :pac:....

Anyway, that's some snazzy packaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Tony wrote: »
    Thanks, just updated the app and the change pin now showing too.

Did you get notification to update it (standard apple update)?

• Advertisement

No notification, i'm on android so just checked my apps on the play store

OU812 wrote: »
    Did you get notification to update it (standard apple update)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've tried to top up with my O2 card and it says "The transaction has been declined by your bank. Please contact your bank."

Is it because it's an O2 card, Is it possible to top up before verifying, or is that because I don't have the card yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

how do u charge the card by bank transfer.?
    will aib charge for cash advance if charged with credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Finally got the card, included the Eircode but county was left out and still got here no bother, still not entirelt sold on that €27m+ scheme but that's for a different thread :pac:....

Anyway, that's some snazzy packaging!

How long were you waiting? Waiting on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

This appears to be quite good and similar to the DKB Visa card available in Germany. https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/dkb/

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Have been using this card in Iceland (the country) with no issues. Seems to track the xe.com exchange rate.

No card transaction fees have been charged.

I only wish Iceland was cheaper 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone successfully withdraw to their bank account, how long did it take?

Signed up and got the free £5 bonus, then got my friend who owed me some cash to sign up and send it that way and got another £5 for referring him.. score!

Withdrew yesterday to bank account, curious how long it takes

physioman wrote: »
    How long were you waiting? Waiting on mine

Delivery date was 7/9, got it today, 9/9.

Friend signed up using my link and I got the £5 handy.

So from essentially putting €10 on hold I've gotten a free MasterCard with no fees and maybe about €13?

Seems too good to be true but thankfully I've yet to be proven otherwise.

Once again, cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

This appears to be quite good and similar to the DKB Visa card available in Germany. https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/dkb/

Interesting, can you sign-up for this card outside Germany?
    It had been easily possible until 30 June 2014, when DKB still accepted multiple ways of confirming one’s identity...Currently, the bank is reserved about opening accounts for people living outside Germany – unless they are German citizens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement