Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options
1323324325326327329»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I have been using Revolut for over a year now, and yesterday they rejected my online payment @ AliExpress stating I exceeded withdrawal limit (which is actually a thing for ATM withdrawals, which I have never done). Contacted them thru chat, and someone came to me straight away (which is a surprise) but they couldnt' figure out what is causing it. He ended up doing something to the virtual card that I was using - like a restart I suppose, he said revoke and issue, but card details haven't changed - and then I can able to redo the transaction.

Strange issue but they helped out. Revolut is still unreliable is my take away from this.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Haven wrote: »
    Is it worthwhile switching over to N26 with these Revolut problems?

Well if you want €30 from a referral code, now would be a good time alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well if you want €30 from a referral code, now would be a good time alright ;)

Okay, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Been using them since Nov 15. Only had one reversal which then paid again this was during the summer this year. Outside of that had no problems with it. Using it daily.

Only big issues was the logging in faults that arose a few months back . That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Do you ever find the phone revolut use sometimes works and sometimes doesnt ? Seems to be erratic when using it in tescos , worked fine today but wouldnt even record the transaction yesterday (as it usually records declined transactions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

listermint wrote: »
    Been using them since Nov 15. Only had one reversal which then paid again this was during the summer this year. Outside of that had no problems with it. Using it daily.

Only big issues was the logging in faults that arose a few months back . That's it.

Never had an issue TG! Made some nice savings this Christmas using my sterling account to pay for goods purchased in the UK using the Revolut exchange rates

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Has a football association ever gone bust and whats the procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

adox wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what bank this is?

I`m still using Revolut as my day to day purchase option as well as online shopping.

The nearest I have with the same features that I like(instant notifications, no currency transaction fees etc) is N26 but I cant instantly add funds to the account with them like Revolut.

I use DKB (a German bank) as my main bank with the Bunq Travel Card as backup as that is coded a credit card without credit card tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I use DKB (a German bank) as my main bank with the Bunq Travel Card as backup as that is coded a credit card without credit card tax.

You're fortunate in that they offer a better service than any of the Irish banks I'd say.

I've never had any trust in Revolut and never leave cash on it. It's useful for online shopping and FX but the idea of using it as my main card is frankly ludicrous.

Hopefully while you're lurking you'll post occasionally as you've been a great source of information on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I contacted Revolut this morning via Twitter and within minutes they put my account back to verified. I'll continue to use them - work's great with Netflix but to be honest I don't do much online shopping.

I've also PTSB,Monese,Bunq Travel Card,Transferwise,Fire (never use) and have them all on Curve except Fire.

I'm looking forward to Starling Bank in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I too am looking forward to starling bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

The new update to their android app is a stepback I feel. They got rid of the sliding feature between the 3 currencies and you also can't see the live euro balance under each of the currencies also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The new update to their android app is a stepback I feel. They got rid of the sliding feature between the 3 currencies and you also can't see the live euro balance under each of the currencies also.

Spotted that myself this morning. It's a right pain in the b*****. You now have to tip that little downwards arrow and then select the currency you want.

/M

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thread locked as it has reached 10k post limit.

Link to new thread below:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058036916

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement