Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Any suggestions on who to bring in for courtois? Thought he was a safe enough bet, how wrong I was...

If you have a playing sub you don't need to make a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

spock. wrote:
    He'll only play for one match... City away.

Automatic 3 game ban for a straight red no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any suggestions on who to bring in for courtois? Thought he was a safe enough bet, how wrong I was...

Who is your second keeper at the minute, if he's starter I'd just bench Courtous for the week.

If you have any other changes to make I wouldn't get Begovic as Courtois is only missing one game so you'd need to get rid of him again. And the fact that they're playing City.

I'm in the same position but have a non-starter as second keeper, I'm looking at a 4.5 GK as I need funds to spend elsewhere.

I'm fairly set on Ruddy at the moment, Norwich have a decent run of fixtures, and I can plan on working a Chelsea defender or Courtois back in in the next few GW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Automatic 3 game ban for a straight red no?

1 game ban. It would still be a waste of transfers for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

shineon23 wrote: »
    Who is your second keeper at the minute, if he's starter I'd just bench Courtous for the week.

Second keeper is Mark Schwarzer, not much chance of a start there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Evocative

Will Lukaku be dropped for Kone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

PARlance wrote: »
    1 game ban. It would still be a waste of transfers for 3.

Looks like a 3 game ban, showing up as "Suspended until 23 August" on the Fantasy website

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looks like a 3 game ban, showing up as "Suspended until 23 August" on the Fantasy website

There is one game before August 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not going to make any decisions until after this evening's game, but I want to bank it. I do have cold feet over Depay, given how lacklustre United were up front on Saturday, but I'd like to see how they do against Villa. If I swapped him to Cabaye, though, I'd be able to do Ozil to Sanchez or Rooney to Aguero, which may tempt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The only comments I'm going to be taking seriously on this thread is where someone tells me "x played really well on Saturday, unluucky not to have scored twice".

All this "I'm getting Mahrez/Awey/Cabaye/Albrighton/Kone" stuff is very lazy. They're not going to get those scores every week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Evocative wrote: »
    Will Lukaku be dropped for Kone?

With Martinez anything is possible but they have tough fixtures coming up so better value else where IMO.

Transfer Done this week Walters out Cayabe IN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

How did the '3 games for a straight red' falsehood become such common belief?
    Really annoying. Presuming one of the more twattish commentators said it enough times for it to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

McCarthy in for Henderson (obviously have Courtois and no money)...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The only comments I'm going to be taking seriously on this thread is where someone tells me "x played really well on Saturday, unluucky not to have scored twice".

All this "I'm getting Mahrez/Awey/Cabaye/Albrighton/Kone" stuff is very lazy. They're not going to get those scores every week!

Mahrez played really well on Saturday, unlucky not to have scored twice more! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Already need to perform emergency triage on my squad. Nearly looking at a -12...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

titan18 wrote: »
    Giroud being crap is the reason. Surely Wenger can't be thick enough to make the same decision again

Two things, Giroud was decent when he played with Sanchez last season. Secondly Alexis can also play up front.

They have Ozil, Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere when he is fit, Rosicky, Campbell and Cazorla if they want to move him forward to fill the three attacking midfield spots behind the front man.

Don't forget that Wellbeck is also there.

He got on yesterday but didn't do much so I don't see how he has improved his chances of starting in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very tempted to use the wildcard, i had 3 players who didnt start, Mings, Walcott, Bellerin, i will finish on 41 points, not bad, but considering i dropped Mahrez for Ritchie from Bournemouth, it couldv'e been alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Very tempted to use the wildcard, i had 3 players who didnt start, Mings, Walcott, Bellerin, i will finish on 41 points, not bad, but considering i dropped Mahrez for Ritchie from Bournemouth, it couldv'e been alot better.

just transfer out walcott madness to be considering a wildcard you have had a great start. Bellerin will start the next game and mings will be more than likely bein the bournemouth team by gw4 the next time you would feel comfortable starting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Brought Redmond in for the injured Ki. He'll start for me this week with Zaha dropping to bench.

Think I'll leave off transfers next week, and then change Hazard & Rooney to Fabregas and Aguero, or something like that. I'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

I won both pay leagues I was in last year. They were small leagues and I admit luck played a part. But the single-most important factor in my winning was no knee-jerk transfers. I also found out a two week picture was better than a one week so banking transfers one week to have 2 the next gave me better strategy and results. I have Courtois, Walcott, Bellerin, Kane and Hazard who between them got me 3 points. But I am not going to panic. Definitely no wildcarding, no -8 transferring. I will sit this game week out and next week I will know better who is working and who needs to go.

• Advertisement

Gooners wrote: »
    I won both pay leagues I was in last year. They were small leagues and I admit luck played a part. But the single-most important factor in my winning was no knee-jerk transfers. I also found out a two week picture was better than a one week so banking transfers one week to have 2 the next gave me better strategy and results. I have Courtois, Walcott, Bellerin, Kane and Hazard who between them got me 3 points. But I am not going to panic. Definitely no wildcarding, no -8 transferring. I will sit this game week out and next week I will know better who is working and who needs to go.

Slow and steady wins the race (or is at least in the first 10k/20k!). Can't understand everyone making rash decisions after a couple of days having been planning for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I wonder how many people are gonna miss the deadline this week due to the Friday night game. Should probably put in the title of this thread to warn people!

just transfer out walcott madness to be considering a wildcard you have had a great start. Bellerin will start the next game and mings will be more than likely bein the bournemouth team by gw4 the next time you would feel comfortable starting him.

Yeah i know, just dont like my team, i got Depay and Lukaku to, and both didnt impress me, seems to be better value in the lower midfield price ranges that could get me Aguero if i got Walcott and Depay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Is Gomez likely to start much for Liverpool? If so, I might bring him in for Baines.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Is Gomez likely to start much for Liverpool? If so, I might bring him in for Baines.

I think he is going to be a game or two from being dropped if he does hold his place and against certain teams who have quality in that area of the pitch I can see him being taken out for someone with a bit more experience.

gazump123 wrote: »

as a liverpool fan i'd say yes, he was very impressive in pre season and it was fairly well known for the last week that he'd start yesterday, i'd say he'll see a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Cheers lads. Think I'll bring him in for a couple of weeks anyways and then maybe swap him out for Clyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SSLguru

Payet as he will be the first name on west hams team sheet and will get assists this season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Am I crazy for considering my wildcard this soon? I'll finish on 26 points.

My current situation after GW1-

GK: Currently have Courtois (now suspended) Rudd is my sub keeper so need to sub Courtois out.

DEF: played 4 at the back. Bellerin & O'Shea didn't start only sub is S Tayor who didn't play. Bellerin also seems to have a slight injury now.

MID: Have Walcott who was only a sub. Jedinak was also a sub and he will sub in for one of my defenders but I will still be left with a 0 for the other non playing defender.

FW: Rooney, Kane, Rodriguez.

I had planned to save my FT for next 2 weeks to downgrade Walcott & ship out Rooney to get Aguero in (didn't think he would be playing tonight) but Courtois messed that up as need transfer if I want a playing keeper next week.

So seriously considering Wildcard to get Aguero in now and ship out some of my deadwood.

Pretty disgusted and disappointed with my week as I put so much thought into team this season.

Any opinions are wecomed? Thanks all

EDIT: Full Team
    Courtois, Rudd
    Cedric, Shaw, S Taylor, Bellerin, O'Shea
    Walcott, Depay, Hazard, Wanyama, Jedinak
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Am I crazy for considering my wildcard this soon? I'll finish on 26 points.

My current situation after GW1-

GK: Currently have Courtois (now suspended) Rudd is my sub keeper so need to sub Courtois out.

DEF: played 4 at the back. Bellerin & O'Shea didn't start only sub is S Tayor who didn't play. Bellerin also seems to have a slight injury now.

MID: Have Walcott who was only a sub. Jedinak was also a sub and he will sub in for one of my defenders but I will still be left with a 0 for the other non playing defender.

FW: Rooney, Kane, Rodriguez.

I had planned to save my FT for next 2 weeks to downgrade Walcott & ship out Rooney to get Aguero in (didn't think he would be playing tonight) but Courtois messed that up as need transfer if I want a playing keeper next week.

So seriously considering Wildcard to get Aguero in now and ship out some of my deadwood.

Pretty disgusted and disappointed with my week as I put so much thought into team this season.

Any opinions are wecomed? Thanks all

Kinda impossible to comment without seeing your whole team.

Advertisement