Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭hawley

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2520496/ryan-tubridy-cervicalcheck-scandal-women/

RYAN Tubridy has said the cancer smear test scandal shows Ireland’s “bizarre and uncomfortable” relationship with women and children.
    The Late Late Show host said he found the story shocking and disturbing as he welcomed listeners to his RTE Radio 1 show this morning.
    Ryan addressed the issue at the beginning of the Radio 1 show
    He said his first thought when the story broke was “here we go again”, saying he felt it was another example of “this State and this country’s bizarre and uncomfortable relationship with, to me, women and children and this has been obviously illustrated down through the years in case after case after case and here we go again.”

Tubridy added: “It is quite shocking and it is disturbing and one can only hope that with this discussion and the fact that it is so open at last, that this is the line that gets drawn in the way we treat women and in a different context, children in this country.

“I say that out of hope but not out of any sincere optimism”.

More than 1,500 additional women were diagnosed with the disease since 2008 whose cases were not recorded by CervicalCheck
    Tubridy praised the amount of media attention the story is getting, saying “there is coverage wall to wall.. the good thing about this story is that it is being talked about and that we’re being educated. The bad thing is the obviousness of the injustice of what happened”.

He said he wanted to make a comment because “I didn’t want to be ignoring it and I didn’t want you to think I was not caring about it because I am.

“I’m reading and listening to everything as the weeks progress and we’re wishing all well in that story especially victims of that horrible, horrible story.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Tubridy? Who listens?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Really, truly concerned at how Ryan Tubridy is concerned or shocked or disturbed by this. Its consoling to the thousands of Irish women no doubt, that this third rate narrowcaster man child is feeling bad for them.

hawley wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/2520496/ryan-tubridy-cervicalcheck-scandal-women/

RYAN Tubridy has said the cancer smear test scandal shows Ireland’s “bizarre and uncomfortable” relationship with women and children.
    The Late Late Show host said he found the story shocking and disturbing as he welcomed listeners to his RTE Radio 1 show this morning.
    Ryan addressed the issue at the beginning of the Radio 1 show
    He said his first thought when the story broke was “here we go again”, saying he felt it was another example of “this State and this country’s bizarre and uncomfortable relationship with, to me, women and children and this has been obviously illustrated down through the years in case after case after case and here we go again.”

Tubridy added: “It is quite shocking and it is disturbing and one can only hope that with this discussion and the fact that it is so open at last, that this is the line that gets drawn in the way we treat women and in a different context, children in this country.

“I say that out of hope but not out of any sincere optimism”.

More than 1,500 additional women were diagnosed with the disease since 2008 whose cases were not recorded by CervicalCheck
    Tubridy praised the amount of media attention the story is getting, saying “there is coverage wall to wall.. the good thing about this story is that it is being talked about and that we’re being educated. The bad thing is the obviousness of the injustice of what happened”.

He said he wanted to make a comment because “I didn’t want to be ignoring it and I didn’t want you to think I was not caring about it because I am.

“I’m reading and listening to everything as the weeks progress and we’re wishing all well in that story especially victims of that horrible, horrible story.”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Another one I found funny today was him using the word "Trumpy" to describe a father who punished his kid by making him run to school.

Every single thing must be now compared to Donald Trump, no matter how irrelevant, and referred to as "Trumpy" or "Trump like" or maybe even "Trump-esque".

Either that or stuff has to be compared to school. Those are the two points of reference for everything in existence.

I cant wait til Trump is no longer president - not because the world will be a better place or anythin - just so Ryan Tubridy will shut up talking about him.
    It's all the more strange considering his obsession with the scumbag Kennedy family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I think the most ironic thing about the whole situation is that you have all the RTE presenters giving out about the state paying huge amounts of money to public servants for mediocre performance. I mean Tubridy has got to the top of RTE on mediocre performances.
    And as was said above the man is a complete hypocrite for the double standards he applies to American political figures. Yet another male radio presenters who wants to be seen to be the champion of women's causes, and sparing a few minutes every day for his condemnation of Donald Trump. I do wonder though.... this man that is sitting in judgment on Trump's sexual conduct .... where was he when Paula Jones made allegations against Bill Clinton? Doesn't ever seem to even colour his discussions of Bill in the same way it seems to be starting off point on any discussion about Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

I think the most ironic thing about the whole situation is that you have all the RTE presenters giving out about the state paying huge amounts of money to public servants for mediocre performance. I mean Tubridy has got to the top of RTE on mediocre performances.
    And as was said above the man is a complete hypocrite for the double standards he applies to American political figures. Yet another male radio presenters who wants to be seen to be the champion of women's causes, and sparing a few minutes every day for his condemnation of Donald Trump. I do wonder though.... this man that is sitting in judgment on Trump's sexual conduct .... where was he when Paula Jones made allegations against Bill Clinton? Doesn't ever seem to even colour his discussions of Bill in the same way it seems to be starting off point on any discussion about Trump.

He is just like most of the Irish media and political class in his extreme partisanship on behalf of the Democratic Party. You begin to wonder if there is some form of affiliated membership scheme in which you don't have to be an American citizen but can accrue some kind of benefits over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Does the likes of Tubridy realise how ignorant and rude these comments are to a vast amount of Americans who voted for Trump. America is more than New York and California Ryan ya pri5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Tubs interviewing Bill Clinton right now.

Hands where we can see them, Ryan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tubs interviewing Bill Clinton right now.

Hands where we can see them, Ryan! :D

I came on to say something similar but couldn't have worded it better than that without getting a card. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭thesandeman

He was addressing him as "President Clinton". Is that the accepted etiquette or was Ryan just starstruck?

• Advertisement

I think ex-presidents are called Mr President for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I tuned in today for the first time in a long time. Less than a minute it to took to mention Donald Trump. Switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

On Trump... its also strange how many Irish people get offended when that preening orange blowhard gets slagged off .A humourless man with very few redeeming human qualities... I mean whats not to like?

I've no time for him myself but I fail to see why RT feels the need to give him a slagging off within the first 10 mins of each show. Most other presenters can leave their personal feelnigs at the gate when they go to work

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've no time for him myself but I fail to see why RT feels the need to give him a slagging off within the first 10 mins of each show. Most other presenters can leave their personal feelnigs at the gate when they go to work

It's because tubridy has little else to discuss

Ryan leave political analysis to the current affairs people.

The best he can do is critisise Trump and Kim's haircuts.

Hairdresser radio, (c) Brendan Bendar, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Maybe Joe its because this man is doing all he can to subvert democracy in the US and bend it to his own will and overbearing ego...totally unique and will leave the likes of Nixon in the shade..this is quite new and dangerous.He lies on a daily basis yet tries to mask the shameless dishonesty by vilifying the press and appealing to the worst form of base populism...Pat Kenny exposes on most mornings also...I say well done to him...don't let this become the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Interviewing author Sarah Bailey this morning

Tubridy; "Are you happy?"

Sarah Bailey; "yes I'm very happy, I'm in a very good place"

Tubridy; "ok. tell us what happened your mother?"

Sarah Bailey; "oh, she died of cancer"

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

What is the point of the Ryan Tubridy Show. It has all the characteristics of filler, yet he gets paid massively for it. Terrible organisation is RTE. Sell off the campus and let them broadcast from a business park in Athlone. It's central, at least, in the national sense. Mind you Marian would probably get 100,000 a year travelling expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He needs psychological intervention.
    De Bhál wrote: »
    Interviewing author Sarah Bailey this morning

Tubridy; "Are you happy?"

Sarah Bailey; "yes I'm very happy, I'm in a very good place"

Tubridy; "ok. tell us what happened your mother?"

Sarah Bailey; "oh, she died of cancer"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heard Clodagh McKenna interview - hadn’t heard her in ages. Her accent was very different from what I remembered. Ryan himself commented on it at the end of the interview. Anyone else hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan interviewing Hilary Clinton right now.

Veep on the radio! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Tubs creaming his pants again after speaking/sucking up to Clinton!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ryan has once again reached the pinnacle of arse licking Hillary.

Wasn't listening. Plenty of hard hitting questions, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

No doubt 20 minutes of arse-licking, backed up by the usual excuse that 'it's a personal interview, not a political interview'.

Because, obviously, the best thing to do when you're been lucky enough to interview one of the most powerful women in the world, who has been through the strangest presidential election in US history, and is the subject of various corruption scandals, is ask her what it's like to be a grandmother.

A fair few tame questions about Bill's novel I imagine, with Ryan Tubridy telling her how quick he read it and how much he loves books.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I thought it was a good interview.

Time and a place to put the boot in.

Clinton has gone up against the best debaters and commentators in the world. I think she can easily handly Tubs if he decided to put the boot in!

Clinton has gone up against the best debaters and commentators in the world. I think she can easily handly Tubs if he decided to put the boot in!

I think Brendan meant Tubbs.

• Advertisement

I think Brendan meant Tubbs.

Was it Brendan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement