Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Cirsht almighty. Dave ....... Fanning. RTE really know how to pick them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Give me fanning over anyone else on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Give me fanning over anyone else on rte

Hmmm..... over 60 and still thinks he is cool.

U2’s man in Montrose.

In fairness he learned quickly, if you want to get ahead,latch onto a ‘going concern’ get the inside track, the racing line, and the sweeties will start coming given your priveledged position, ie ,control of the taxpayer funded airwaves for an hour!!

Examples would be P Lodge...the new Colm Murray in the horse racing field.
    Name check as many ‘head lads ‘ as you can and bobs your uncle.
    That’s you niched in in that area.The go to man in Montrose for the horsey crowd.

One of the females has cornered the boxing
    Greg has the golf and athletics
    Brian is the Gaa ‘full back’

Tony is the soccer man

What’s going to be next. MMA...BASKETBALL..NFL. Who’s going to corner that gig?:D

Uhmmmm m..... fair bit of uhmmmmm ‘freebies and expenses’ there for the lad or lass who gets that gig.

Always openings for blaggers out there, I’m reliably informed.

Social media ‘expert’ now there’s an opening...compete against Abi Philbin maybe....hmmmm......no chance..forget it Brenno

Hmmm..... over 60 and still thinks he is cool.

U2’s man in Montrose.

In fairness he learned quickly, if you want to get ahead,latch onto a ‘going concern’ get the inside track, the racing line, and the sweeties will start coming given your priveledged position, ie ,control of the taxpayer funded airwaves for an hour!!

Examples would be P Lodge...the new Colm Murray in the horse racing field.
    Name check as many ‘head lads ‘ as you can and bobs your uncle.
    That’s you niched in in that area.The go to man in Montrose for the horsey crowd.

One of the females has cornered the boxing
    Greg has the golf and athletics
    Brian is the Gaa ‘full back’

Tony is the soccer man

What’s going to be next. MMA...BASKETBALL..NFL. Who’s going to corner that gig?:D

Uhmmmm m..... fair bit of uhmmmmm ‘freebies and expenses’ there for the lad or lass who gets that gig.

Always openings for blaggers out there, I’m reliably informed.

Social media ‘expert’ now there’s an opening...compete against Abi Philbin maybe....hmmmm......no chance..forget it Brenno

You're wrong about fanning, didn't read the rest

Ok... I’m all broke up here, bent outa shape.

• Advertisement

Ok... I’m all broke up here, bent outa shape.

Clearly

After listening to Fanning interview with Fionnula Flanagan I felt like sitting in a darkened quiet room to recover. An avalanche of words with lots of interruptions. Why doesn't he let guests take centre stage and let them talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

It's a break from US presidents, children's things and books. Fanning is good, if only he'd shut up sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Fannings show on 2FM is excellent on weekend mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Derek Mooney on and I’m enjoying the guests

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote:

But what was the programme about for the first ten or fifteen minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

honeybear wrote: »

Mooney is perfect for that spot at 9am. Something light between the news show. Can somebody ring Tubridy and tell him, and his pretentious references to American politics, not to come back from holidays.

bobbyss wrote: »
    But what was the programme about for the first ten or fifteen minutes?

It was a bit mad alright-jumping all over the place. Really enjoyed the rest and he’s back tomorrow

honeybear wrote:
    It was a bit mad alright-jumping all over the place. Really enjoyed the rest and he’s back tomorrow

I only heard the beginning I am afraid.

Turbridy, Fanning and now Derek all talking for the first segment about anything they seem interesting. This is only about hearing their own voices. It's self promotion. It's not what I listen to the radio for.

So I am asking the (rhetorical ) question: what is this programme about? Guests and interesting interviews probably. And that's fine. Let's HAVE the guests (but please hold back on the cancer/dying/crippled stories. There's only so much you can take and Ray can sweep up on those anyway).

I like Derek when he's being serious. I like wildlife and so on. Can he please hold back on celebrity and all that nonsense and let's talk about robins and stuff.
    (Rant over!)

I only heard the beginning I am afraid.

Turbridy, Fanning and now Derek all talking for the first segment about anything they seem interesting. This is only about hearing their own voices. It's self promotion. It's not what I listen to the radio for.

So I am asking the (rhetorical ) question: what is this programme about? Guests and interesting interviews probably. And that's fine. Let's HAVE the guests (but please hold back on the cancer/dying/crippled stories. There's only so much you can take and Ray can sweep up on those anyway).

I like Derek when he's being serious. I like wildlife and so on. Can he please hold back on celebrity and all that nonsense and let's talk about robins and stuff.
    (Rant over!)
    I stayed with show as I was having a lazy morning. He had 2 interesting guests on. One was a crime writer from Offaly who I had never heard of before. The other was a scientist. They were both very good interviews imo.

Hey......I’m devastated.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

honeybear wrote: »
    I stayed with show as I was having a lazy morning. He had 2 interesting guests on. One was a crime writer from Offaly who I had never heard of before. The other was a scientist. They were both very good interviews imo.

Heard the tail end of it, what was the authors name?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Heard the tail end of it, what was the authors name?

Can’t recall. She now lives in Essex.

Truth And Lies
    Caroline Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 72,264 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Derek doing a decent job...just be thankful Brenda O’Donoghue and/or Mary Byrne haven’t made an appearance.

For now. :D

• Advertisement

Not able to listen today but liked his show yesterday. I used to listen to him in the afternoon. I remember being very frustrated with his scheduling. He would advertise at the beg of the show that x would be interviewed and then he wouldn’t get to the guest.

Heard Mooney this morning as well. He sounds like a man who is broadcasting to save his life. You can tell he really wants his old job back and the man is worth another shot. Fortunately for both Tubridy and D'Arcy, RTE put mediocrity ahead of all other talents.

Heard Mooney this morning as well. He sounds like a man who is broadcasting to save his life. You can tell he really wants his old job back and the man is worth another shot. Fortunately for both Tubridy and D'Arcy, RTE put mediocrity ahead of all other talents.

The high pitched end of sentence inflections made this poster reach for the off button.

Says he was at the Hockey celebrations yesterday....hmmm ....hmmmm where were the approach points as pointed out by the promos ...SG.George’s st. and College Green.....hmmmmm...never declared any interest in sport before... uhmmmm...happened to be in the area maybe:cool:

Says he was at the Hockey celebrations yesterday....hmmm ....hmmmm where were the approach points as pointed out by the promos ...SG.George’s st. and College Green.....hmmmmm...never declared any interest in sport before... uhmmmm...happened to be in the area maybe

Funny how many mainstream 'presenters' or 'broadcasters" in rte have little or no interest in sports.
    Gay, Fanning, Marty, Mooney, Turbridy not a clue and uninterested.
    I often wonder how sports can play such a peripheral role on anyone's life.

Funny how many mainstream 'presenters' or 'broadcasters" in rte have little or no interest in sports.

Different strokes Bobb, I guess that’s how it is.No harm there.

What puzzles me though is how these peeps seem to get tickets to all the big sporting events whilst the grunt is left outside.....hmmmm, got me bet into a cocked hat betimes I have to admit... any ideas on that yourself Robert?

What puzzles me though is how these peeps seem to get tickets to all the big sporting events whilst the grunt is left outside.....hmmmm, got me bet into a cocked hat betimes I have to admit... any ideas on that yourself Robert?

Different strokes Bobb, I guess that’s how it is.No harm there.

Perks of the job? Lets remember in consolation that it wouldn't have been too long ago that some of them were part of the great unwashed also.

Marty slogging away in PMPA.
    Fanning in some dingy pirate.
    Turbridy may be an exception however. A silver spoon there.

No, just an unfortunate perk of the job I suppose.

Perks of the job? Lets remember in consolation that it wouldn't have been too long ago that some of them were part of the great unwashed also.

Marty slogging away in PMPA.
    Fanning in some dingy pirate.
    Turbridy may be an exception however. A silver spoon there.

No, just an unfortunate perk of the job I suppose.

Yes Robert, that’s the truth for sure, back in the day GRyan slobbering in the corporate sector at an all Ireland final while some poor grunt who was out in all weathers couldn’t get a ticket, kinda crushes ones balls.

Guy wouldn’t know hardly who the two teams were.

Guess we just have to hold our piss and unload it where appropriate.

It’s commerce I suppose.

Burns my ballsack on a hot griddle I’m not ashamed to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Dave Fanning knows his soccer

Yeh, how to blag freebies ......you got that right homie.

• Advertisement

You might be right and I was aware of that but in my heart I could not bring myself to think of him as 'a football man'. Ditto Pat Kenny.
    Fanning because he always seems to be overflowing about groups I never heard of nor am the slightest interested in.
    Kenny because he's kind of posh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement