Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"When I watched it, I was weeping like Weepy McWeeperson of Weepington Manor".

And BANG the radio goes off at 25 seconds past 9

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

"When I watched it, I was weeping like Weepy McWeeperson of Weepington Manor".

And BANG the radio goes off at 25 seconds past 9

Good call Anto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

I bet the homeless people sleeping outside arnotts were moved on sharpish this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

ooter wrote: »
    I bet the homeless people sleeping outside arnotts were moved on sharpish this morning.

In the spirit of Christmas though, Ryan probably did give them a set of €300 Sennheiser headphones, as he is very much in touch with the plight of the homeless and their lack of quality audio gear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Inflicting The Camembert Quartet upon people arriving at Dublin Airport...that’s just cruel :D

• Advertisement

Has Dave Fanning ever presented a radio show where he HASN’T mentioned U2?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did Saoirse Ronan get a mention?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did Saoirse Ronan get a mention?

Always :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I had to listen a second time before I posted.
    Was the way that Ryan read out the letter from the woman who wrote in about the boiled egg wrongly dictated (if that's the right word)?
    OR: does he think like me that she is a RIGHT BITCH but he couldn't say it publicly?
    I'm thinking the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Might stay away from some. RTÉ progs for a while.

There will be a luvvie overload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Oprah for POTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

sligojoek wrote: »
    Oprah for POTUS
    Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

It has only just begun. Watch this space. RTE will not be found wanting concerning Oprah.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I thought Ryan did a nice tribute to Dolores o riordan. He didn't balls it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Some of these people calling in on that quiz so blatantly have someone googling for them in the background.

Should be made come and do it in the studio!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Some of these people calling in on that quiz so blatantly have someone googling for them in the background.

I think Ryan cottoned on too, after that woman took forever to answer Clint Eastwood!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Like Darcy is just about to....

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Laois_Man wrote: »

That used to really irritate Pat Kenny. He eventually reluctantly resigned himself to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think Ryan cottoned on too, after that woman took forever to answer Clint Eastwood!
    He had said before the first one on Monday that they'd have to limit time to stop any googling.

The should just put a ticking stopwatch (10s) on them.

Yer one with Clint Eastwood was as obvious as hell!

Itssoeasy wrote: »

When he said "And she was full of divilment, and she was full of craic, when a lot of other people who come on the show are so grey, so dull and so boring". Well if my ironymeter didn't go off the charts when he said that. It is him that strangles any possible enjoyment out of the interviews on the late late with him cue cards, his nauseating bootlicking, and his cowardice when the tough and interesting questions need to be asked.

• Advertisement

Remember Tubridy was telling us about how his "privacy had been interfered with" when some photographer took a picture of him and the Maths teacher out for a walk. Remember the indignant Tubridy saying "you never asked, you never cared, you never etc etc".

And what has become of him now? Gossiping about Woody Allen being a sex abuser, and encouraging everybody to read the Fire & Fury book he describes as "being like a dirty gossip column". He is some hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Remember Tubridy was telling us about how his "privacy had been interfered with" when some photographer took a picture of him and the Maths teacher out for a walk. Remember the indignant Tubridy saying "you never asked, you never cared, you never etc etc".

And what has become of him now? Gossiping about Woody Allen being a sex abuser, and encouraging everybody to read the Fire & Fury book he describes as "being like a dirty gossip column". He is some hypocrite.

Woody Allen groomed his stepdaughter from the age of 8 while she was vulnerable and he was in a position of care for her, he then started publicly dating her when she came of age,
    Calling Woody Allen a sex abuser isn't gossiping it's a fact and the turn against him seems to be gathering speed and it's about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I actually saw "coco" with two 6 year olds and it was amazing. However it was hilarious hearing our hero tubs state this this morning. "I dont want to go to a land of the dead I want to go to the land of unicorns"... Sap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

gawd....looks like I'm going to be listening to this show for a few mins a day now in work...this mornings monologue about the NZ PM going back to work 10 seconds after giving birth was classic partridge tubs.

basically he'd say something about her and then make a gun noise...

She's 37....bang, she announced the baby on facebook ....bang bang....she's like leo ...bang bang bang....

that's some money he's on..

The hypocrisy of Tubridy. You'd want to play back to him a few remarks that he said about Katie Hopkins or Ivanka Trump. Of course, it's popular to bully them so that makes it okay to comment on them, is that right Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I wish he'd finish his sentences instead of that faux:

'getting all frustrated with.... ya know... it's like ... how could? I don't know... the frustration with ..... you know when someone starts a sentence but doesn't...... '

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Why isn't there a greater clamour to demand a higher quality from RTÉ and the profligacy of blowing a million cuid annually on eejit charlatans like Tubridy and Darcy with a licence fee expected from all? Notwithstanding the public's undoubted and necessary focus on essential education, health and housing related matters, it's abject in all forms to have to fork out money for the aforementioned utterly talentless cretins that are vacant of personality presence or of any worthiness as presenters on a national broadcaster. Just a thought. Maybe we should ask Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I wish he'd finish his sentences instead of that faux:

'getting all frustrated with.... ya know... it's like ... how could? I don't know... the frustration with ..... you know when someone starts a sentence but doesn't...... '

Yeah, this is majorly frustrating to listen to. I always wondered if anyone else picked up on it.

He has a general way with words that would send ya on a murder spree :D, using what he thinks are quaint terms (e.g. constantly describing things as "peculiar" and "curious"). He also describes everything as a "world" e.g. "how did you feel when you were in that world of terrible illness and hospitals and blablabla?" . It's the kind of thing that's grand on occasion but he overuses it to a head-wrecking degree.

The worst part is that he seems to think he has very articulate and charming turn of phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Yeah, this is majorly frustrating to listen to. I always wondered if anyone else picked up on it.

He has a general way with words that would send ya on a murder spree :D, using what he thinks are quaint terms (e.g. constantly describing things as "peculiar" and "curious"). He also describes everything as a "world" e.g. "how did you feel when you were in that world of terrible illness and hospitals and blablabla?" . It's the kind of thing that's grand on occasion but he overuses it to a head-wrecking degree.

The worst part is that he seems to think he has very articulate and charming turn of phrase.

Valid point.

I think it's that he has learned how to sound bookish / intellectual.... And while he might be the former, I don't believe that he's the latter.

It's like listening to a first year UCD student who has discovered that adding in certain words in their vocabulary will make the most them sound more intelligent. They normally grow out of that habit.

Ryan is the personification of The Peter Principle.... Rising to one's level of inefficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I wonder what the story is with Ryan Tubridy's obsession with school.

Last week and he was speaking to a woman who spent time in prison with Myra Hindley and Charles Bronson. He asked the woman did she (or someone else maybe) feel about Bronson, "the way a teacher feels about a student who is a messer but whom she really has a soft spot for". This is an utterly stupid and pointless comparison to make in a conversation about life in prison. This morning he was comparing the Late Late Valentine's audience to a kids at a school assembly.

Anytime I hear him he seems to be saying that someone is "acting the maggot at the back of the class". Does he think it's funny or charming or something? Is he emotionally stunted in some way and is psychologically stuck in 6th class?! Maybe he'd have been a primary teacher if there wasn't such a culture of nepotism in RTE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement