Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,136 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Not sure what the confusion is about?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Think Ryan may have been on holidays since I posted 2 weeks ago, but is it a good/bad sign that there were no posts re his programme for 2weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Madame LaGarde, meet RTÉ misery p0rn.

Ryan declaring that “Backstop”, as used by politicians re Brexit, is now in everybody’s everyday vocabulary. Sadly, Ryan, not in my everyday vocabulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

He is interviewing one of Hillary Clinton's aides from the election campaign. Beginning to think that he needs professional help to treat his runaway obsession with that woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

quintana76 wrote: »
    He is interviewing one of Hillary Clinton's aides from the election campaign. Beginning to think that he needs professional help to treat his runaway obsession with that woman.
    Ya he is pathetic but we are worse for listening to him on radio and tv. Trump won Tubs no fu5k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ya he is pathetic but we are worse for listening to him on radio and tv. Trump won Tubs no fu5k off.

He cant even get Live TV / Radio interviews with her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭hawley

He accused Putin of manipulating FIFA's broadcast of the Russia-Croatia match by getting the cameras to focus on young people and families in the crowd instead of hooligans. Said that they were trying to create propaganda for the Russian state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He is an awful cretin, 2nd only to Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Warm, Funny, witty, charming are words he used to describe Hillary Clinton.

• Advertisement

Have you met her?

He has and that’s how she came across to him.

What exactly kind of ‘problem’ do you seem to have with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Have you met her?

He has and that’s how she came across to him.

What exactly kind of ‘problem’ do you seem to have with that?

It has to be taken with a pinch of salt considering the Irish media's devotion to the ground that Hillary walks on. Tubridy in particular suffers from an awed, slavish deification of the Godhead rarely seen outside of religious cults.

quintana76 wrote: »
    It has to be taken with a pinch of salt considering the Irish media's devotion to the ground that Hillary walks on. Tubridy in particular suffers from an awed, slavish deification of the Godhead rarely seen outside of religious cults.

I would give Tubridy more credence rather than some randomer on the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I would give Tubridy more credence rather than some randomer on the interweb.

I wouldn't. He's a hypocrite, a lightweight and an all round smarmy, false, spoiled little sh*te who needs to grow a set of gonads.

I wouldn't. He's a hypocrite, a lightweight and an all round smarmy, false, spoiled little sh*te who needs to grow a set of gonads.

Disagree, good interviewer , genuine, gets most out of his subject.

Easy manner, relaxed .

Disagree, good interviewer , genuine, gets most out of his subject.

Easy manner, relaxed .

if you're trolling you are a genius, I'll give you that!

If not, remember Tubridy being hammered by Katie Hopkins, of all people? Remember him being so uncomfortable around Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum that even they commented on the awkwardness? Remember a similarly palpable awkwardness with the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Russell Crowe?

These are just a couple of examples off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

The trouble with Tubridy is that he has no life experience, he looks at everything like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

If not, remember Tubridy being hammered by Katie Hopkins, of all people? Remember him being so uncomfortable around Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum that even they commented on the awkwardness? Remember a similarly palpable awkwardness with the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Russell Crowe?

These are just a couple of examples off the top of my head.

Was he unsettled by John Connors?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He’d probably use “honest, articulate and very good with numbers” to describe Bertie Ahern.

His Brian Cowan and Rhys Ifan’s interviews need to be added to the earlier lists btw. Masterful....in an Alan Partridge car crash way.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

That’s it, Ryan...keep prodding the corpse until she’s too upset to talk.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tuned in for 5 minutes and it's more of the same. A woman who's husband has MND. tomorrow I'll be a woman with cancer. The next day it'll be a woman with a dead or dying child. Rinse and repeat.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Was he unsettled by John Connors?

I can't remember the interview off the top of my head. What do you think?

Other disastrous interviews have been mentioned by other posters as you will see. Add to those the interviews he spends licking the holes off fianna fail folk and insulting to the viewer by shamelessly displaying his political bias. Add to that his inability to "get the most out of" (as one of his defenders put it) any sports-related interview.

His radio show consists of him talking utter jibberish for about 40 minutes, before proceeding to ask some poor interviewee about what terrible illness they or their family have suffered, even if the interview is not about illness.

It's astonishing that anyone would genuinely defend this fella.

It's astonishing that anyone would genuinely defend this fella.

I’ll use a relative statement here - he’s better than Joe Duffy.

And if you think Tubs has an unhealthy interest in death & misery, just one hour of listening to the Grief Vampire himself will leave you thinking Tubs is the happiest man in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He’d probably use “honest, articulate and very good with numbers” to describe Bertie Ahern.

His Brian Cowan and Rhys Ifan’s interviews need to be added to the earlier lists btw. Masterful....in an Alan Partridge car crash way.
    Dainty little bugga :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The reason they do so much misery is that it's easy. Far easier than being entertaining or even funny. Look at yer man Colm Hayes on Nova dying on his arse trying comedy :), in fact tubs in his early days attempted to be entertaining and that was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tuned in for 5 minutes and it's more of the same. A woman who's husband has MND. tomorrow I'll be a woman with cancer. The next day it'll be a woman with a dead or dying child. Rinse and repeat.

Like a lot of TV and Radio chat shows in Ireland these days.
    Up to 10 - 20 years ago, ill/dying/dead children and adults were not really spoken about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The trouble with Tubridy is that he has no life experience, he looks at everything like a child.

The trouble with Tubridy is that he is seemingly entitled to a career in RTE whether the public like it or not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BarryD2 wrote: »
    The trouble with Tubridy is that he is seemingly entitled to a career in RTE whether the public like it or not!!

Well clearly a significant proportion of the radio-listening population DO like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well clearly a significant proportion of the radio-listening population DO like it!

Perhaps? Is that going by JNLR figures?

Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever been asked to fill in a radio habits questionnaire? Not me or anyone I know. Do they ask the same people all the time? I happened to help a well known marketing company one day a few years ago with some market research. Guess what - I was getting about 1 call a month thereafter on the same or related subject from the same company. I started declining after a few as they were irrelevant and a nusiance and now I rarely get a call. I wonder how JNLR interviewees are sought?????????

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Heidi, for the first time ever, you have disappointed me. :(

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement