Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

tommyb123 wrote: »
    At the bottom of the email there was a few icons saying "agree .. (something I can't remember) .. and disagree" . I clicked on disagree and it seems to have just replied I disagree to the initial email. I assume they needed me to click agree to start taking the payment by direct debit? Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Can you not just look at the email?

I'd reckon it's something about the new GDPR regulations that are coming in on May 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I emailed them in response to them saying if you have canceled your direct debit they will send you a direct debit form . Have had no reply to that email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I emailed them in response to them saying if you have canceled your direct debit they will send you a direct debit form . Have had no reply to that email.

I sent an email too, querying the balance and got no response.

I've no issue with paying the remaining balance, but I'm not happy paying a regular direct debit to someone I have no way of contacting. If I've an issue with a bill or payment for any other utility I can call them up quickly and easily. With ID I've no way to call them and on don't know if anyone even reads the only email contact I have for them. That doesn't sit well with me

conf101 wrote: »

I've no issue with paying the remaining balance, but I'm not happy paying a regular direct debit to someone I have no way of contacting. If I've an issue with a bill or payment for any other utility I can call them up quickly and easily. With ID I've no way to call them and on don't know if anyone even reads the only email contact I have for them. That doesn't sit well with me

Exactly , if they dont reply then ill not pursue it anymore.

They finally replied with the direct debit mandate .Still in two minds on what to do .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Just checked and carphone have taken the direct debit for the monthly phone amount today. I had cancelled this. Are they allowed to do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

davkel wrote: »
    Just checked and carphone have taken the direct debit for the monthly phone amount today. I had cancelled this. Are they allowed to do that??

Yes

I had sent a reply querying the amount still owed. I just got an email saying they will respond at some stage, and have suspended by direct debit until they respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭luap_42

davkel wrote: »
    Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Yes

Actually the answer is definitely No. Your bank is in breach of contract by making a direct debit payment that has been cancelled. Carphone Warehouse "can" attempt to have the direct debit paid, but your bank MAY NOT do so.

Once instructed to cancel a direct debit by you, your bank MUST NOT pay it. Contact your bank and tell them they have made a payment which had already been cancelled. They will recover the money and apologise.

Ulster Bank did this to me when switching Life Insurance for my mortgage. They made the annual payment to the old Life Insurance provider even though I had cancelled the direct debit weeks before.

The old Life Insurance provider refused to cancel my policy, stating that I was legally obliged to have cover for my mortgage. They wanted proof of the new provider first and were a bunch of condescending snotty tools, so I hung up on them. I was under no obligation to provide them any information whatsoever, except that I was cancelling the policy.

Ulster Bank recovered the money and apologised in writing.

I recieved a letter from the old Life Insurance provider telling me that I was in breach of my mortgage conditions, which was none of their blasted business in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

Well lads anyone have to deal with debt collectors for cost of handset yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Related to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=106561955

Did anyone take advantage of the 5e/month offer and changed plans to Three? Probably those 12-months contracts are nearing an end soon. Anyone thinking of staying with Three now or switching over elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

I went to eir as offered Good deal .three coverage out my way was crap

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I took up that offer on 3 numbers, at the minute I am looking at moving the three numbers to Eir’s sim only deal, unlimited calls, texts and 25gb data for €14.99 a month for 6 months, if something better comes along, then I’ll move them again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

Lads did anyone not pay for the handset cost, They never approached me for phone cost at all

Lads did anyone not pay for the handset cost, They never approached me for phone cost at all

I emailed last April asking for a breakdown of the balance owed. I wasn't trying to avoid it, just wanted to be clear on the remaining amount. They replied in May and said they'd be in touch but that they'd suspend the payments until then. Haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

I emailed last April asking for a breakdown of the balance owed. I wasn't trying to avoid it, just wanted to be clear on the remaining amount. They replied in May and said they'd be in touch but that they'd suspend the payments until then. Haven't heard anything since.

Ya I told them they weren’t getting any money. I say the hit some legal issues or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Posting this as it may be of interest to ex Id customers who took the Eir offer at the time.

Just about a year since I ported from Id to Eir. Bill due to go up to €30 from €15 in April. Checking Eir site saw that if I was starting out with them I would get a €15 deal for 6 months, but as a current customer with a Direct Debit payment record I was going to have to pay the €30.

Advised by "Davy", Forum Mod, that as on a sim only plan I could switch to the new offer - just ask to switch to the mobile connect 30 plan.

Went on to webchat, said I wanted to change to mobile connect 30, no issue, done and dusted in a few mins, basically 6 more months at €15 on a 30 day contract. Happy with that. Had Id at €15 a month and have had Eir at same figure for 12 months and now another 6. Will see what I can get in 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Have people been getting notifications as to when their contract ends? I did it the very last day of the 3 offer but haven't a clue when that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Have people been getting notifications as to when their contract ends? I did it the very last day of the 3 offer but haven't a clue when that was.

You won't be getting a notification, they're banking on people to forget and start paying the €30 a month rate. You need to call them up and give 30 days notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

For those of us that haven't been paying that much attention to our mobile phone bills has the three offer ended already and have I left it too late to cancel before the increase?

• Advertisement

RHJ wrote: »
    For those of us that haven't been paying that much attention to our mobile phone bills has the three offer ended already and have I left it too late to cancel before the increase?

Well it was a 30 day rolling contract, so you can still cancel at any time. You might end up paying the full 30 quid price for a month or a little more, but you won't end up stuck in a contract.

I just called to cancel mine and they offered me the same 30 day rolling contract for €20 a month instead of €30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

I asked about this they want you on a handset contract, my guess to make back some of the money they lost on the ID deal. 30pm 24 months first 3 months free, with e100 off your choice of handset, I'm moving to either Eir or Vodafone X

I didn't have to sign onto any handset contract. I kept my 30 day rolling contract, and it's going up to 20pm instead of 30pm. Exact same conditions otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

BowWow wrote: »
    Posting this as it may be of interest to ex Id customers who took the Eir offer at the time.

Just about a year since I ported from Id to Eir. Bill due to go up to €30 from €15 in April. Checking Eir site saw that if I was starting out with them I would get a €15 deal for 6 months, but as a current customer with a Direct Debit payment record I was going to have to pay the €30.

Advised by "Davy", Forum Mod, that as on a sim only plan I could switch to the new offer - just ask to switch to the mobile connect 30 plan.

Went on to webchat, said I wanted to change to mobile connect 30, no issue, done and dusted in a few mins, basically 6 more months at €15 on a 30 day contract. Happy with that. Had Id at €15 a month and have had Eir at same figure for 12 months and now another 6. Will see what I can get in 6 :)

I called them today, and said I could only have the €14.99 plan for €19.99 because I didn’t have home broadband with them and I wasn’t a new customer. I made the point that I can sign up online and port out and back and I’ll get the offer. She said yeah I could do that. So I asked I’ll get it either way so why can’t I just be put on that plan anyway. In the end we were just going around in circles. I’ll call up during the week when I’ve more time to argue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

This deal has been fantastic and has been a great bargain but will end at the end of the month.

I have no intention to give 3, 30 euros for the same service.

Where to from here?

Anything better than the Eir 10 euro per month deal for Broadband customers.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

scudodave wrote: »
    This deal has been fantastic and has been a great bargain but will end at the end of the month.

Where to from here?

Thanks.

Only think I see is the 48 months @ 10
    Have you given 30 days notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

scudodave wrote: »

Where to from here?

Thanks.

Three have a new offer if you port from another mobile operator, (in my case I will be porting over to Tesco for a few days and then back to three), before 31/03/2019 you can get the €30 deal for €15 per month for 12 months. Ok it is not as good as the €5 deal but better than most. I have done well as a previous idmobile customer and will be availing of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

freebee23 wrote: »
    Three have a new offer if you port from Tesco mobile before 31/03/2019 you can get the €30 deal for €15 per month for 12 months. Ok it is not as good as the €5 deal but better than most. I have done well as a previous idmobile customer and will be availing of this offer.

Just Tesco bill pay or could in Port to Tesco pay as you go and then to the 3 half price deal?

Is there a link anywhere to the deal?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Just Tesco bill pay or could in Port to Tesco pay as you go and then to the 3 half price deal?

I was in with a mobile phone store last week and they told me about the deal.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/move-from-tesco-mobile

Advertisement