Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Why not do it via bill pay? Set it up once and forget about it.

Pre-Pays have better deals than bill pays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

cal60 wrote: »
    Were they offering any deals ?

She offered to send me details, but I told her no (sorry now) as I had signed up for the eir deal the day previously.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Does anyone know if ID are still accepting top-ups or are they just allowing us to continue to use the service without any more top-ups until April 6th?
    The original notice said top-ups accepted up to 11th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone lost their data connection today?

My young lad is still able to make and receive call, send and receive SMS's but has no data whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Data working fine here in Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

No issue in Dublin City either

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

Signed up on Monday to the Eir deal ( although a bit of a glitch in porting over down to an incorrect digit being input - hopefully will go across shortly). They assured me in CPW shop that even though the documentation says 18 months that it is definitely a 30 day contract - which is also mentioned a few lines below in the documentation - very confusing . Anybody else noticed that ? Is there any possibility that the €15 promotional discount would be withdrawn if one tries to change before the 18 months were up ?

Anybody know if there is a cooling off period ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I was under the impression that this was a 30 day contract, but given at a discount to iD customers for 12 months rather than the 6 months offered online and in-store for other customers?

Where did you see 18 months mentioned?

To quote the Carphone Warehouse (emphasis added):
    Offer not valid to any other network porting to eir.
    €15 x 12 months discount is applied [in-store].

Discount will be removed if customer has not ported from iD.
    €15 discount is applied for 12 months. eir fixed customers can add Unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data SIMO plan for only €10 a month for 12 months, €25 thereafter.

I really hope this is not underhand changing from CPW, claiming it is 30 days, with a 12 Month discount period, when it is not.

On a side note, your in store cooling off period should range from 14 to 28 days. I've trawled their website, and the eir website without luck, but you should be looking at 14 days cooling off. You are liable to pay for any charges incurred if you exercise this right.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

I was under the impression that this was a 30 day contract, but given at a discount to iD customers for 12 months rather than the 6 months offered online and in-store for other customers?

Where did you see 18 months mentioned?

To quote the Carphone Warehouse (emphasis added):

I really hope this is not underhand changing from CPW, claiming it is 30 days, with a 12 Month discount period, when it is not.

The printout I received from CPW on page 1 under "Offer Details" says :

"Standalone eir Mobile
    Contract Length: 18 month contract
    Overall monthly bundle cost without promotions: €30.00

eir Mobile Unlimited 15Gb + Roaming SIM Only
    Contract Length: 1 month contract
    Service ID : 085-xxxxxxxxxx
    Directory Listing: Yes

Purchased Equipment:
    SIM:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Promotions:
    15euro promotion 12 months € -15.00 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Yeah, it was the exact same for me. I queried the '18 month' line, and the guy said it was a mistake that was happening to everyone. Seems he was right.

As you mentioned, it does say 1 month below it, so I'm not too worried should I decide to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

I checked it twice in the CPW store and also in the Eir store, it’s definitely a 30 day contract

Phew. Thanks for clarifying.

It's very important to check the small print, as you can understand and see! Especially when you're dealing with commission based shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

3 deal for ID customers.

30 day contract €30 for first month and €5 for the next 12 months.
    Unlimited calls and texts. Unlimited/60GB Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

idunno78 wrote: »
    3 deal for ID customers.

Huh.....link? Or you having a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

idunno78 wrote: »
    3 deal for ID customers.

Huh.....link? Or you having a laugh
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/switch-from-id-special-offers

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I moved to eir if I was to cancel this would I be ported back to ID Mobile and thus I could avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

dakid wrote: »
    I moved to eir if I was to cancel this would I be ported back to ID Mobile and thus I could avail of this offer?

Worth asking in store I would say. Wouldnt think you would need to be ported back to iD. Would think you would just need proof you were an iD customer this month.

It is a good offer. Wonder why 3 were so slow off the mark with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

I ordered a payg SIM from 3 , porting number Wednesday , I wonder could I switch to the bill pay offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

From reading Three's website it looks like you get Deezer free for 3 months with this plan and it is 9.99 thereafter which is added to the bill. I would assume you can opt out of it after the 3 months?

You won't be able to port back to ID... But Carphone might be able to swing something for you. Maybe.
    wolf9 wrote: »
    I ordered a payg SIM from 3 , porting number Wednesday , I wonder could I switch to the bill pay offer

You're best having your number ported first and then moving. Less chance of errors and getting stuck in limbo. It should not be a problem, but I never mess around with numbers like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Would I be right in saying that the offer from Eir and 3 to ID mobile customers is breaking competition law, what if you weren't with ID and wanted that offer, surely they would have to offer it to everyone irrespective of what mobile company they are porting from.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

200motels wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that the offer from Eir and 3 to ID mobile customers is breaking competition law, what if you weren't with ID and wanted that offer, surely they would have to offer it to everyone irrespective of what mobile company they are porting from.

It's not illegal just like offers that are only for new or only for existing customers aren't illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

It's not illegal just like offers that are only for new or only for existing customers aren't illegal.
    Fair enough.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    From reading Three's website it looks like you get Deezer free for 3 months with this plan and it is 9.99 thereafter which is added to the bill. I would assume you can opt out of it after the 3 months?

Wonder if you can opt out from the beginning? Less hassle that way.

Basically, when you sign onto it, you add your phone number. This is verified by SMS and then they give you three months free, billed via your phone. You can sign up alright, but then you'll can cancel it. It will lapse on the fourth month.

Basically, when you sign onto it, you add your phone number. This is verified by SMS and then they give you three months free, billed via your phone. You can sign up alright, but then you'll can cancel it. It will lapse on the fourth month.

Great. So if I understand you correctly, I need never sign in to it. Have no interest in it and has to google to see what it was.

Yup, just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Deadly. Delighted I haven't switched over yet. Will be all over that 3 deal.

I'm actually really shocked that they've created such a good offer.

This is literally half of the other most suitable plan, from Eir.

Three - 12m - €85
    Eir - 12m - €180

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm actually really shocked that they've created such a good offer.

This is literally half of the other most suitable plan, from Eir.

Three - 12m - €85
    Eir - 12m - €180

I have three family members on ID, this offer from Three is too good to pass up.

Advertisement