Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5e billpay for all you can eat data and calls with three (for ex id mobile)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

I don't understand how it's fair for this to apply to just Id mobile customers. Feels like sticking the fingers up to everyone else who would be interested in taking this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

magnavox wrote: »
    I don't understand how it's fair for this to apply to just Id mobile customers. Feels like sticking the fingers up to everyone else who would be interested in taking this offer.

What the actual duck like? So anyone coming from ID can basically get the same package as those on the €60 a month package, but €55 a month less?? That seems like a massive 'duck you' to their current customers! Unless I'm missing something.. which is entirely likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

This is a Sim only 30 day plan. Normal cost is 30 euro. So a 25 euro a month saving for id mobile customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

wizardman wrote: »
    This is a Sim only 30 day plan. Normal cost is 30 euro. So a 25 euro a month saving for id mobile customers.

Ah didnt see the SIM only part. Still though, that's a huge difference all the same!

Sure is. Companies are fighting to get the couple of thousands id mobile customers over to their network. They're all doing good deals as an incentive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

They would get thousands more regular Joe soaps if it applied to everyone, is my money for the same plan not as good as someone's coming from Id? I don't get it.

It's obviously a loss leader, so they couldn't apply it to everyone. They hoping people stay with them after the deal expires and pay full price, buy a phone etc etc

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bad timing, eir had their offer out weeks ago. I'd have moved to 3 for this price, if they'd been out with it sooner.

MarkR wrote: »
    Bad timing, eir had their offer out weeks ago. I'd have moved to 3 for this price, if they'd been out with it sooner.

Me too! Maybe they don't want too many at 5euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

wizardman wrote: »
    It's obviously a loss leader, so they couldn't apply it to everyone. They hoping people stay with them after the deal expires and pay full price, buy a phone etc etc

They'll do the whole "change of contract" thing all these companies do 6 months down the line, and everyone will be on the 60/month plan, or have to switch again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shannon_Bound

the devil is in the detail

from the 3 Ireland website
    Enjoy free 4G access, All You Can Eat Data*, unlimited Three to Three calls, flexi units to any ROI network and while roaming in EU with a flexible 30 day rolling contract whilst keeping your existing phone and number. Compatible with Nano, Micro and Mini sim devices.

Free 4G Access
    All You Can Eat Data*
    EU Roaming Data
    Free Three to Three calls
    Special Offer
    iD customers bringing their number to Three get this plan for €5 per month for 12months (from your second bill), €30 per month thereafter. Terms and conditions apply.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They'll do the whole "change of contract" thing all these companies do 6 months down the line, and everyone will be on the 60/month plan, or have to switch again.

It's a 30 day sim only plan, using an existing phone. It will never be 60 euro. That amount would be if you go a phone off three too, to subsided the phone cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Recent posts moved to ID Mobile thread in the mobile forum.
    Its no longer available so makes no sense to be discussed any further in this forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057468325

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement