Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That password is used to confirm the port. You have to give it to the person who done the port.

Yeah that's was all done on the first visit; the guy asked me for the password and then went through a few more processes on the computer and the second visit later that evening I signed the forms. That was Wednesday evening though and I'm still connected to ID's network.

Thanks, I was just worried because someone a few pages back said (possibly joking) that you'd lose your number if you weren't ported when the turned off the ID Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just onto Three Webchat, they had no record of my Porting request :mad:

Anyway, for anyone in the same boat you can request the Porting yourself to Three at the following Link. Enter your existing mobile, then enter the verification code. Put your new temporary Three SIM in your phone and then enter the verification code. Then enter some name and address details (you do need your ID Mobile Account number at this stage too, it should be on your bill).

https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/Forms/PortingRequestValidateNumber.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

ED E wrote: »
    Its present but not super common yet. From what I can deduce Three aren't upgrading LTE C4 sectors to LTEA but instead fitting the new radios to formerly HSDPA/GSM sites. Blackspots -> Fastspots.

If you want to test it, 3 Arena and GCD are two areas with 20+10Mhz in B3.

4G+ has been on iD (& Three) for well over a year. It's enabled on the radios. Doesn't guarantee higher speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

davkel wrote: »
    4G+ has been on iD (& Three) for well over a year. It's enabled on the radios. Doesn't guarantee higher speeds.

On a minority of sites. Like less than 1 in 20. And no it doesnt, but makes mean slowest speeds better by distributing load across the spectrum much more evenly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just onto Three Webchat, they had no record of my Porting request :mad:

Anyway, for anyone in the same boat you can request the Porting yourself to Three at the following Link. Enter your existing mobile, then enter the verification code. Put your new temporary Three SIM in your phone and then enter the verification code. Then enter some name and address details (you do need your ID Mobile Account number at this stage too, it should be on your bill).

https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/Forms/PortingRequestValidateNumber.aspx

This is same problem I spoke of. It took three attempts for my port to go through, one in store, one at the link above and the third one was when girl on twitter support put it directly into the system.
    First two didn't record.

Get onto them ASAP, you cannot be guaranteed you will be able to retrieve your number once iD gets switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Just got my first bill from eir - changed to them from iD on 14th. March.

Interestingly, with iD the bill was monthly in arrears - i.e. you paid at the end of the month for the month's use.
    However with eir the bill is monthly in advance - i.e. my April bill from the start of April is for the whole of April. I assume its like the old house phone rental period.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Hi all,

Has anyone had direct debit taken by liquidators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

I haven't yet. But they did say the first dd would be taken on/after 30th April, so I guess it could come in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

conf101 wrote: »
    I haven't yet. But they did say the first dd would be taken on/after 30th April, so I guess it could come in the next few days

Thanks. Just spotted the on/after bit after I posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Any eir customers get access to eirsport yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Anyone get an email about their outstanding balance today?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

I just got an email and i'm not happy about it because i contacted idmobile a few weeks ago about the outstanding balance on my contract and i was told it was €260 and then just now in the email the outstanding balance is €342 .

I think they're having a laugh and are chancing their arm to cover their losses by robbing us. What are my options here? Is there any point in me contacting ComReg to do anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

conf101 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email about their outstanding balance today?

Just now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

bada_bing wrote: »
    I just got an email and i'm not happy about it because i contacted idmobile a few weeks ago about the outstanding balance on my contract and i was told it was €260 and then just now in the email the outstanding balance is €342 .

I think they're having a laugh and are chancing their arm to cover their losses by robbing us. What are my options here? Is there any point in me contacting ComReg to do anything about this?

Why don't you just check your last bill with ID to see what the balance actually is before getting needlessly worked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanley2011

I’m really confused. As far as I was aware it was going to be the liquidator collecting the money. The email says it Carphone Warehouse Ireland and it’s signed of by the I’d mobile collections team

Who’s actually supposed to collect it (not that I’ll be paying it)

I’m really confused. As far as I was aware it was going to be the liquidator collecting the money. The email says it Carphone Warehouse Ireland and it’s signed of by the I’d mobile collections team

Who’s actually supposed to collect it (not that I’ll be paying it)

Why wouldn't you pay it? Strange behaviour.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you pay it? Strange behaviour.

Why is that strange behavior, they. Provide me a phone and a servive, they provided me a phone and told me I would have a discount for 24 months on my plan. Now I’m paying a lot more for a similar plan on a different network. I’m just recouping the money that I’ll loose due to them cancelling a plan that they sold me three months earlier. That’s not strange . That’s logical

Why is that strange behavior, they. Provide me a phone and a servive, they provided me a phone and told me I would have a discount for 24 months on my plan. Now I’m paying a lot more for a similar plan on a different network. I’m just recouping the money that I’ll loose due to them cancelling a plan that they sold me three months earlier. That’s not strange . That’s logical

But the service and the phone were 2 separate contracts. What you are saying makes absolutely no sense.

When you bought the phone you would have been told how much the phone is and how much you will be paying off a month for it. You still have that phone now and there are no issues with it so the contract is still perfectly valid.

The service then was separate and was also flexible in that you could adjust the plan each month if you wanted.

You're just looking for a free phone. Pity that it will cost you any chance of a loan in the future when they put it on the credit register as an unpaid debt.

Adrian4 wrote: »
    https://www.idmobile.ie/

Any news on the plans ID mobile will be offering?[/quote

1 I don’t agree with your thoughts on this

2 Mobile phone contract debts do not effect your credit rating. Worst case scenario it will go to a database of the main mobile providers and your won’t get a contract of eir three or Vodafone.

3 I’m fairly sure that you probably work for Carphone and are on this forum trying to scare people into paying contracts

4 I don’t need any loans as I own my own house and own car and I am currently in gainful employment

Thanks for your concern though.

1 I don’t agree with your thoughts on this

2 Mobile phone contract debts do not effect your credit rating. Worst case scenario it will go to a database of the main mobile providers and your won’t get a contract of eir three or Vodafone.

3 I’m fairly sure that you probably work for Carphone and are on this forum trying to scare people into paying contracts

4 I don’t need any loans as I own my own house and own car and I am currently in gainful employment

Thanks for your concern though.

Love this logic. I disagree with you trying to snake out of a contract you signed so I must work for them.

You buy a phone for XXX you should be paying XXX as far as I'm concerned. You're trying to get your way out of paying for it for a reason that literally makes no sense.

Sick of seeing people think contract law in beneath them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Love this logic. I disagree with you trying to snake out of a contract you signed so I must work for them.

You buy a phone for XXX you should be paying XXX as far as I'm concerned. You're trying to get your way out of paying for it for a reason that literally makes no sense.

Sick of seeing people think contract law in beneath them.

To be fair though, it's only a company he is giving to0 fingers to. Not an individual so ID really doesn't need to be stood up for.

I work for a BIG well known Multinational and I often have to say this to people .. It's a company. No need to blindly stand up for a company.

P.S - that isn't directly referring to your comment

flexcon wrote: »
    To be fair though, it's only a company he is giving to0 fingers to. Not an individual so ID really doesn't need to be stood up for.

I work for a BIG well known Multinational and I often have to say this to people .. It's a company. No need to blindly stand up for a company.

P.S - that isn't directly referring to your comment

The people that own the company won't feel that way. It's a listed company too in this instance, so it's just regular bums and pension funds losing out for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Pretty much everyone who got a contract (or, contracts) on ID did so because it was cheaper than their competitors. Now, because ID are closing, if I'm to both pay off the phone and my new more expensive bill, I'm paying more money than I would have over the next 12 months if they hadn't gone under.

That's the issue here, we as customers are the ones losing money now because they went under. I say feck them, do what you want to get out of it.

Cina wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone who got a contract (or, contracts) on ID did so because it was cheaper than their competitors. Now, because ID are closing, if I'm to both pay off the phone and my new more expensive bill, I'm paying more money than I would have over the next 12 months if they hadn't gone under.

That's the issue here, we as customers are the ones losing money now because they went under. I say feck them, do what you want to get out of it.

Why are you paying more money now on the phone? Its the same amount as what was agreed day 1. You still have the phone, so your new plan should be sim only. The only loss to you is the ID plan, which you are no longer paying for. In fact, you even got a month free.

Why are you paying more money now on the phone? Its the same amount as what was agreed day 1. You still have the phone, so your new plan should be sim only. The only loss to you is the ID plan, which you are no longer paying for. In fact, you even got a month free.

You really are me missing the point. I took a contract with a phone bas d on the fact that I was getting a discount from my plan for 24 months, I had a 40 percent discount on my plan paying only 15 quid a month. If I had of known That id mobile was going to close and I would have to pay twice as much on a contract elsewhere I would never have takin the contract with the phone

You don’t actually understand what people are saying and your making silly comments like you won’t get a loan in the future if you don’t pay of the contract which is utter nonsense, maybe that’s the case in the uk but it is certainly not the case in ireland

Seriously seems like you have some sort of stake in Id mobile

You really are me missing the point. I took a contract with a phone bas d on the fact that I was getting a discount from my plan for 24 months, I had a 40 percent discount on my plan paying only 15 quid a month. If I had of known That id mobile was going to close and I would have to pay twice as much on a contract elsewhere I would never have takin the contract with the phone

You don’t actually understand what people are saying and your making silly comments like you won’t get a loan in the future if you don’t pay of the contract which is utter nonsense, maybe that’s the case in the uk but it is certainly not the case in ireland

Seriously seems like you have some sort of stake in Id mobile

You clearly don't know what you signed up for so I'm not even going to bother. Good luck with the liquidator and debt collector is all I'll say to you.

You clearly don't know what you signed up for so I'm not even going to bother. Good luck with the liquidator and debt collector is all I'll say to you.

I won’t even worry about liquidator or debt collector. I just won’t engage with them.

Again thanks for your concern

I won’t even worry about liquidator or debt collector. I just won’t engage with them.

Again thanks for your concern

Enjoy your free phone. Might break into Vodafone later and grab one myself.

Enjoy your free phone. Might break into Vodafone later and grab one myself.

Yes I will get a great deal of satisfaction out of recouping my out of pocket expenses from Carphone warehouse by not paying for the device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tommyb123

At the bottom of the email there was a few icons saying "agree .. (something I can't remember) .. and disagree" . I clicked on disagree and it seems to have just replied I disagree to the initial email. I assume they needed me to click agree to start taking the payment by direct debit? Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Advertisement