Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Hi Grainne , What deal did you go onto with Three and what time did you do this In store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Grainne,

There has been a bit of a backlog on the ports, and it might not happen within the two hours mentioned. This does take place, however. My first two ports took place within an hour or so, but a third line (carried out last Saturday) didn't kick in until the Monday morning.

Stick with it, and keep your replacement SIM card handy. It will go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xxGrainnexx

Thanks! Went with the €5 deal at about 11am.

Thanks. You should see it kick in tomorrow.
    Just to confirm, did you receive an SMS from Three stating that the porting is underway?

Being honest, it appears that the Carphone Warehouse store did not start the port in store, and I had to contact Three independently later that day to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tommyb123

It does on what CVB posted but doesnt on the page linked to;

Bill Pay
    All You Can Eat Everything
    Just €5 a month*
    for 12 months

Data All You Can Eat
    EU Data 9GB
    Three to Three Calls Unlimited
    Flexi units Unlimited
    30 Day Contract
    4G Access

Now maybe the unlimited flexi units take care of calls and texts to other networks. I have no idea how those flexi units work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 xxGrainnexx

No, I never got a text from Three

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks! Went with the €5 deal at about 11am.

I switched 3 numbers from ID to three in Waterford this morning, started process at 10:45am, had to go back then at 11:45 and all three had been approved. He then set up each account and I had to fill out all 3 contracts along with having my card charged €1 each time for each account. It was about 12.30 when I left the shop, in the next half hour all three numbers received 2 texts from 3 on the old ID sims, and after the second text the signal dropped off and the sim was then inactive. Swapped out all 3 ID sims with the new 3 sims and all worked fine, that was at 1pm.

Also received my €60 credit from them, so far my wife and two lads have said that 4G speeds are definitely faster than what they were getting from ID so fingers crossed, they'll remain happy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My port to three was a bit of a pain. Did it in store, 24 hours later still hadn't ported. Contacted them on twitter, they couldn't see port request. So she got me to put it through online, told me 2-4 hours. 4 hours later, I contacted them again as still no port. She said she still couldn't see port request, so put it through herself but office was closed at that stage so had to wait till next day. In fairness was done within the two hours the next day (they started at 9) but if it doesn't go through within 4 hours, I would contact them to check whats going on. Only issue really here was I was out and about those few days so needed usual number to be contacted on..so needed iD SIM, but if the port went through iD SIM was going to drop out so needed three SIM...mildly annoying.

So far, my data connection keeps dropping out according to whatsapp on my laptop which keeps losing connection to my phone. :) Never happened with iD :pac:

tommyb123 wrote: »
    Now maybe the unlimited flexi units take care of calls and texts to other networks. I have no idea how those flexi units work.

One 'Unit' equals 1 minute of a call or two SMS.
    You've 10,000 units, so this can be any combination of the two.
    No, I never got a text from Three

OK, well just keep tabs tomorrow. If you're passing by the store, drop in and see. If not, give Three a shout via the Live Chat. If you give them the 19 digit ICCID number on the SIM Card, they can port if it wasn't set up.
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    [...]4G speeds are definitely faster than what they were getting from ID so fingers crossed, they'll remain happy.

I have noticed the inclusion of 4G+ (Advanced 4G LTE) which was not on iD. Yes, I'm in Dublin, but I have noticed it being more widespread.

I also noticed the 'HD Voice' or 'wideband audio' whereby calls sound slightly more realistic. This wasn't on iD either.
    M
    So far, my data connection keeps dropping out according to whatsapp on my laptop which keeps losing connection to my phone. :) Never happened with iD :pac:

Check that one out, as it doesn't make sense. If you're on Android, download 'Open Signal' and leave it running. It'll ping when you lose signal, and it'll also give an idea of how your coverage is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tommyb123

One 'Unit' equals 1 minute of a call or two SMS.
    You've 10,000 units, so this can be any combination of the two.

So thats 20,000 texts or 10,000 minutes of calls per month. i can live with that :cool:

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have noticed the inclusion of 4G+ (Advanced 4G LTE) which was not on iD. Yes, I'm in Dublin, but I have noticed it being more widespread.

Its present but not super common yet. From what I can deduce Three aren't upgrading LTE C4 sectors to LTEA but instead fitting the new radios to formerly HSDPA/GSM sites. Blackspots -> Fastspots.

If you want to test it, 3 Arena and GCD are two areas with 20+10Mhz in B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Just switched to that lovely eir €15/12 months deal.

anyone know if i've to switch my current number manually? in the store I got the impression from her that it'd do it automatically but on my phone it's showing as the number on the SIM.

Cina wrote: »

anyone know if i've to switch my current number manually? in the store I got the impression from her that it'd do it automatically but on my phone it's showing as the number on the SIM.

Depends on how you mean "showing".

The SIM always keeps the number it was programmed with and the network ports in [YourNumber] to act like a nickname for that number. So when you go settings-status-phone status you get [SIMNUMBER] but when you call somebody they get [YourNumber].

If calls to others havent changed in a few hours then you need to go on the website as the store didnt do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Switched over to 3 at lunchtime. Number active on the new sim within 2 hours so no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cina wrote: »

Call someone and ask what number shows up to confirm if [YOUR NUMBER] has ported.

I changed over last Wednesday and there was a delay between my ID account finishing and my number porting. The eir account activated as soon as ID finished as it should.

There's so many people porting at the minute and it's pretty unpredictable.

Check the number first with a call to someone and go from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Call someone and ask what number shows up to confirm if [YOUR NUMBER] has ported.

I changed over last Wednesday and there was a delay between my ID account finishing and my number porting. The eir account activated as soon as ID finished as it should.

There's so many people porting at the minute and it's pretty unpredictable.

Check the number first with a call to someone and go from there.

Or just text your own number. If you receive the message you've been ported over.

I just passed Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street at 18:10pm. There were approximately 25 people in the queue. These are, without a doubt, mostly iD customers not porting at the very last minute.

Carphone are expecting many people to be stranded on Friday and Saturday if they turn the transmitters off.

Carphone are expecting many people to be stranded on Friday and Saturday if they turn the transmitters off.

Technically the BBUs aren't going off, its the servers that'll be shut down :pac:

Are iD going to keep OSS alive after tomorrow to allow port reqs or are all numbers left in their network going to be orphaned?

Or just text your own number. If you receive the message you've been ported over.

Could do that. But thing is, my better half hasn't been receiving texts but her number ported.

All good now mind you.

ED E wrote: »
    Technically the BBUs aren't going off, its the servers that'll be shut down :pac:

Are iD going to keep OSS alive after tomorrow to allow port reqs or are all numbers left in their network going to be orphaned?

Pretty sure they said you needed to switch before the shutdown to ensure you keep your number.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure they said you needed to switch before the shutdown to ensure you keep your number.

*waits for outraged calls to Liveline*

"We got no notice at all Joe. It's ridiculous."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

ED E wrote: »
    *waits for outraged calls to Liveline*

Ah!! But how will they be able to call Liveline? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

For those who have moved to 3, is it possible to log onto and download the 3+ rewards app?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Killer K wrote: »
    For those who have moved to 3, is it possible to log onto and download the 3+ rewards app?

Yeah. Why wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Switched in Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street and got €20 credit to spend in store. Wife switched in Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street and the girl never told her about the €20 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Yeah. Why wouldn't it?

Was wondering if they still did those rewards. Thanks

Check that one out, as it doesn't make sense. If you're on Android, download 'Open Signal' and leave it running. It'll ping when you lose signal, and it'll also give an idea of how your coverage is working.

Using iPhone and google tells me to switch on background app refresh for Whatsapp to get rid. Was happening with phone on WiFi too...switch to three possibly just a coincidence to this starting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I was in CW on Grafton Street on Wednesday afternoon, got a password text from an 083 number while in store, was this the start of the Porting process? Had to go back Wednesday evening to complete the process and was told it would be around 2 hours. Needless to say I'm still waiting for anything to happen. I'm going to attempt to contact Three tomorrow morning but can anyone confirm if the porting process has started and just been delayed, or does it look like it hasn't started at all?

I've had the same number for 19 years so I'm going to be pissed if I lose it over this!

• Advertisement

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I was in CW on Grafton Street on Wednesday afternoon, got a password text from an 083 number while in store, was this the start of the Porting process? Had to go back Wednesday evening to complete the process and was told it would be around 2 hours. Needless to say I'm still waiting for anything to happen. I'm going to attempt to contact Three tomorrow morning but can anyone confirm if the porting process has started and just been delayed, or does it look like it hasn't started at all?

I've had the same number for 19 years so I'm going to be pissed if I lose it over this!

That password is used to confirm the port. You have to give it to the person who done the port.

Advertisement