Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You don’t get a sub to eir sports with that plan, it’s only fixed BB plans from eir that gives access to their sports packages as far as I know.

It's not. Certain Eir mobile plans would get them. This plan if you went straight to eir would get one.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It's not. Certain Eir mobile plans would get them. This plan if you went straight to eir would get one.

Well this sim only one definitely doesn't, maybe if you are an existing eir customer already then its possibly bundled in then, but I've been a meteor/Eir sim only plan customer for years and I've never been offered this, I has enquired about it many times before and was always told I must have a home phone BB package to avail of the eir sports pack

Seems you may be actually correct, time to make a phone call

I think it may be access to those channels on a mobile device only, unlike the fixed BB customers who can have it added to their Sky card.

I think it may be access to those channels on a mobile device only, unlike the fixed BB customers who can have it added to their Sky card.

You get access via the eirsport app.

I'm fine with that. Just want to know if it's on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just to clarify once more, you cannot use it on Chromecast. However, I'm sure that there is some Android jiggery-pokery that can be done to remove this restriction, or find away around it.

I'm also sure that it might work on Android box, but I'm open to correction on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just to clarify once more, you cannot use it on Chromecast. However, I'm sure that there is some Android jiggery-pokery that can be done to remove this restriction, or find away around it.

I'm also sure that it might work on Android box, but I'm open to correction on this.

There's always a way. But even having it on the phone works for me. :)

---

Changed over earlier. Went with Eir. Did it in the Square, relatively painless. Staff were great.

I used the 20euro to get a chromecast actually. Have needed one anyway.

What i would say though to those who are going to make the switch, figure out what you'd like to get in store and perhaps go to one of the bigger stores that may definitely have it. Just a heads up

Email from Eir:

Dear BonnieSituation
    Welcome to eir mobile, where 4G comes as standard wherever possible. Faster browsing, smoother apps, superior video and music streaming and better gaming all add up to an even better mobile experience. What’s more, you also have access to the eir sport app with seven great sporting channels.

Eir sport ahoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tommyb123

Received the flowing text today..

EQUIPMENT CONTRACT - Correspondence has been issued by the Provisional Liquidator in relation to your equipment contract with iD Mobile and is available at www.idmobile.ie under the FAQs section of the website. Your next payment by direct debit will be processed on/after 30th April 2018. Future direct debit payments will be processed on/after the last business day of each future month until your balance is cleared in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

tommyb123 wrote: »

EQUIPMENT CONTRACT - Correspondence has been issued by the Provisional Liquidator in relation to your equipment contract with iD Mobile and is available at www.idmobile.ie under the FAQs section of the website. Your next payment by direct debit will be processed on/after 30th April 2018. Future direct debit payments will be processed on/after the last business day of each future month until your balance is cleared in full.

It really is very poor from the liquidator. A two fingers piece of communication to iD customers.

After waiting this long for the communication, there shpuld at very least a mention of who we will be paying the direct debit to or details of how those wishing to pay upfront for the remainder of the amount owed could go about it (or even if they have considered this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Killer K wrote: »
    It really is very poor from the liquidator. A two fingers piece of communication to iD customers.

After waiting this long for the communication, there shpuld at very least a mention of who we will be paying the direct debit to or details of how those wishing to pay upfront for the remainder of the amount owed could go about it (or even if they have considered this).

I cancelled my direct debit so don't know what the story is now .

I'm considering not paying them at all. No mention of what the outstanding balance is if i want yo pay outright. Will I bet getting charged interest on the outstanding balance? Can they use the old direct debit to collect payment! Do I need to cancel it does anyone know?

I'm considering not paying them at all. No mention of what the outstanding balance is if i want yo pay outright. Will I bet getting charged interest on the outstanding balance? Can they use the old direct debit to collect payment! Do I need to cancel it does anyone know?

I'd certainly cancel the DD if you don't want to pay them anyway .

For those of you who might want to use up your credit, you can find a list of charities and their donation codes on the link below.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

Have people on ID been able to do this, I tried it twice yesterday and on both occasions the text went but credit wasnt taken.

They would have been better off doing nothing rather than sending out that attempt at communication. Any piece of communication that causes more questions than provides answers is pretty worthless.

You will be able to see your outstanding balance on your myiD section of the website by the way.

Am I correct in saying that we did not pay a DD payment for handset this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

They would have been better off doing nothing rather than sending out that attempt at communication. Any piece of communication that causes more questions than provides answers is pretty worthless.

You will be able to see your outstanding balance on your myiD section of the website by the way.

Am I correct in saying that we did not pay a DD payment for handset this month?

It seems you can't log into your MyID once you've switched over to a new provider. At least that seems to be the issue I'm having anyway.

conf101 wrote: »
    It seems you can't log into your MyID once you've switched over to a new provider. At least that seems to be the issue I'm having anyway.

Same here .

Once you switch you're no longer an ID customer. It makes sense.

Took a few hours today for my number to properly port even though my ID service has been gone since about 8am. All good now, but just be prepared for that.

I would advise doin it as early in the day as possible rather than near 6pm to stop any messing about over night.

Also, no access to eir sport as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Feels like they've properly shafted us here on this. Apparently I still have to pay out another 13 months on a handset I only got because the deal for the mobile data was so good. How is that fair? Really considering just cancelling the direct debit outright.

Yet they are adament that they are separate contracts! If they are, why you would be locked out of iD and details about your remaining handset balance are no longer available to you is beyond me.

It makes no sense..

Rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Have people on ID been able to do this, I tried it twice yesterday and on both occasions the text went but credit wasnt taken.

No tried it also it's not set up on the id network to be able to text these numbers to donate credit, said it somewhere online

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I went with the three offer...however, still waiting for my number to port (from 2pm today). Dad had issues with his number porting too but mums was fine. Suppose there is also a higher number than usual looking to port. Just a bit of a pain.

I went with the three offer...however, still waiting for my number to port (from 2pm today). Dad had issues with his number porting too but mums was fine. Suppose there is also a higher number than usual looking to port. Just a bit of a pain.

I went with the 3 offer today. No issue with porting thankfully and very happy with the coverage. Guys in CPW were very busy with iD customers. Was also offered 20 euro in store credit without having to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What do I need to bring with me to move to the Three offer? Thursday is the only day I can make it to shop (which is deadline day) so have only 1 shot at this. Thanks.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What do I need to bring with me to move to the Three offer? Thursday is the only day I can make it to shop (which is deadline day) so have only 1 shot at this. Thanks.

All I needed was form of id (drivers licence) and debit card. CPW had everything else on the system (including my bank account details) and printed off my last iD bill.

All I needed was form of id (drivers licence) and debit card. CPW had everything else on the system (including my bank account details) and printed off my last iD bill.

Anyone have a handy link to the three offer!

Found it. How much do I get charged for calls to other netwroks though. Doesnt seem clear on the three website.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

http://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/iD-customers/

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR ID CUSTOMERS**

Switch from iD to Three Unlimited SIM Only plan and get:

Unlimited calls & texts To Any Network
    All You Can Eat Data
    4G data speeds
    3 months Deezer access

Price: €5 per month for 12 months, €30 per month regular price.
    (Discount applied in months 2 to 13).**

Cant find the terms and conditions there. Maybe i'm a bit thick. But for calls not to the three netwrok is there an extra charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Cant find the terms and conditions there. Maybe i'm a bit thick. But for calls not to the three netwrok is there an extra charge?

It says to any network in the first line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 xxGrainnexx

Hey, I switched to 3 this morning but I'm still waiting for my number to port. Does anyone know if I should do anything or should I just wait it out? Going abroad in the morning!

Advertisement