Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Bob24 wrote: »
    Today I'm getting 1 to 1.6 mb down and 0.14 to 0.29 mb up . Dialup speeds

Haha ... Are you sure you remember dial-up? ;-) It was 0.056 Mbps download :-)
    Let's put it this way .can only use to check email and crap at surfing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I'm switching at the end of the month too, probably to meteor after the constant dropping to 2g and the unacceptable roaming situation where there's no network connection at all.

They've a few weeks to fix issues otherwise I'm out and won't be recommending to anyone.

Customer Care tired to help but I think their hands are tied by management decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Bob24 wrote: »
    jay93 wrote: »

Some areas with Three are actually decent mine was just really bad I guess it's all down to where people live trying to use their service

Yes that is the difference with iD. ID's issues will affect everyone as they are due to their national infrastructure, whereas Three's issues will only affect some users as they are due to local infrastructure (and to be fair while Three probably has more of them that Meteor, which itself has more than Vodafone, but all networks tend to have issues in specific areas).

Yeah the iD issue seems to be different than Three. My cousin recently signed up to iD in Ireland and video called me on Facebook the other day the quality was quite bad the video was laggy and slow I think this was down to iD been too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Is anybody else having issue with calls not being directed to voicemail if they are not answered?

I noticed that since Friday calls I missed did not leave a voicemail and no missed call sms were received for them. It works fine when the phone is off, but not if the call is missed.

I checked the forwarding settings and they are correctly set to +353897099200, unfortunately ID now has a blocker on the SIM so that you can't disable the call forwarding to kick it in again "This is not allowed on this SIM card".

Changing it to some other number (like my home phone) does not work either, calls are just not routed to the number if a call is missed.

I tried to change the duration to 5 seconds via the *61*[dest]*[sec]# code but that does not work either as "the parameters are invalid", it looks like they don't allow custom seconds.

Other forwards, like when the phone is off work fine, it's just the conditional one that do not work.

hers my idmobile speedtest today

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1991655669

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

hers my idmobile speedtest today

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1991655669

Not good Kelticknight, I have had speeds like that on occasion and speeds of 0.036 mb/s d/load over telephone are still the norm here,(8 mile run to exchange over copper wire :eek:) on the other hand I have got up to 19 mb/s down & similar up/l on moby broadband

Here is today @ 5.18 am

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5401928181

then again @ 5.26 am

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5401937401

7 mins apart on a full 4G, 5bar signal over wifi !
    transmission tower is 200 metres away in a neighbours field
    Just ordered a decent wireless router to see if it improves signal around home

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Gonna be leaving these guys - 7Mb download on full 4G in Cork city.

God help you if you go out of signal - you'll be stuck on 2G Edge for the rest of the day once you reconnect :P such a pity

Reply from CS over issues of no service going to edge and not back to 3G
    "Yes that issue has certainly been raised, it seems to happen specifically with non iD branded handsets however it is still under investigation." Time to leave !

Rockin wrote: »
    Reply from CS over issues of no service going to edge and not back to 3G
    "Yes that issue has certainly been raised, it seems to happen specifically with non iD branded handsets however it is still under investigation." Time to leave !

I have a new samsung s7 edge which is id mobile with id logo boot up and i can say I'm having daft data speeds which make no sense in cork city, i sent them screen shots , speed tests , ping test , even gps locations od stupid speeds and they have no answer only to blame three mobile which is funny as someone close to me has three mobile with no issues of data like i have so its ID and only ID MOBILE problem . i be leaving soon

Gonna be leaving these guys - 7Mb download on full 4G in Cork city.

God help you if you go out of signal - you'll be stuck on 2G Edge for the rest of the day once you reconnect :P such a pity

if i could get 7-8 mb on 4g be nice but i don't even get that
    most time I'm on 3g with 2mb or less down , average is under 1mb which is a joke

• Advertisement

wozza wrote: »
    Not good Kelticknight, I have had speeds like that on occasion and speeds of 0.036 mb/s d/load over telephone are still the norm here,(8 mile run to exchange over copper wire :eek:) on the other hand I have got up to 19 mb/s down & similar up/l on moby broadband

Here is today @ 5.18 am

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5401928181

then again @ 5.26 am

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5401937401

7 mins apart on a full 4G, 5bar signal over wifi !
    transmission tower is 200 metres away in a neighbours field
    Just ordered a decent wireless router to see if it improves signal around home
    unreal
    id is a poor excuse for mobile data provider

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone aware of themselves having any issues receiving SMS? I contacted iD about this back in March and never heard back from them. I knew when finishing the live chat I'd never hear back from them...was reminded of the issue the other day when a girl in work text me and I didn't receive it. Contacted them again and they claim they tried to contact me on April 5th (they didn't, if they did they'd want to look at their systems cos I never received that call or notification of that call so perhaps another issue)
    Now, I work in telecoms myself so I'm well aware of what info the needed to investigate and gave them everything at the time. Now they want all the same again, they can f*ck off, I'm not going to ask my friends to send me three SMS so they can pretend they're doing traces.
    My only issue with them - but to say they tried to contact me when that's a lie is annoying as fook.

Anyone aware of themselves having any issues receiving SMS? I contacted iD about this back in March and never heard back from them. I knew when finishing the live chat I'd never hear back from them...was reminded of the issue the other day when a girl in work text me and I didn't receive it. Contacted them again and they claim they tried to contact me on April 5th (they didn't, if they did they'd want to look at their systems cos I never received that call or notification of that call so perhaps another issue)
    Now, I work in telecoms myself so I'm well aware of what info the needed to investigate and gave them everything at the time. Now they want all the same again, they can f*ck off, I'm not going to ask my friends to send me three SMS so they can pretend they're doing traces.
    My only issue with them - but to say they tried to contact me when that's a lie is annoying as fook.
    Haven had any issues so far with sms thank God. Only mostly data. There taking there time to release me from contract .I give them little while more before I get comreg involved

Well they fixed my SMS MT from three numbers. (the ones I know I had a prob with anyway)
    Have to check UK numbers again now as wasn't receiving from them either...

Well they fixed my SMS MT from three numbers. (the ones I know I had a prob with anyway)
    Have to check UK numbers again now as wasn't receiving from them either...

Lyca can't call ID mobile for some reason. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Atrocious speeds yesterday. 15 mins to load up a low quality 5 min youtube video. Is it worth going to ComReg with these issues or is it a waste of time.

malcy wrote: »
    Atrocious speeds yesterday. 15 mins to load up a low quality 5 min youtube video. Is it worth going to ComReg with these issues or is it a waste of time.

Might be worth it - but I've got to say I've left. Too much hassle dealing with them every second day

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Might be worth it - but I've got to say I've left. Too much hassle dealing with them every second day

Yeah think that's a good idea. How did it work with paying outstanding bills. My bill is going to be quite high again this month so can't really afford to be shelling out a fortune in go.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is that still ongoing?

SMS is by arrangement but calling is standardised and the idea is you should be able to call any phone from any other phone. It'd be worth checking with COMREG whether thats a regulatory requirement or not. Personally abandoning ship was the right call anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

was looking at ID for PAYG as I near end of 1/2 price 6mth deal on billpay.

Currently using about 300-350mns a mth, 10-20 texts and 10-15GB data

Their 15euro top up with 300mins and 40gb data and 15 to spend seems very good for my usage. Anyone on PAYG with ID? Is it easy to top up online? as don't see the option but assume it appears when you switch

• Advertisement

was looking at ID for PAYG as I near end of 1/2 price 6mth deal on billpay.

Currently using about 300-350mns a mth, 10-20 texts and 10-15GB data

Their 15euro top up with 300mins and 40gb data and 15 to spend seems very good for my usage. Anyone on PAYG with ID? Is it easy to top up online? as don't see the option but assume it appears when you switch
    Go else where. There data speeds are there the worsted I ever seem ever .I'm leaving them as soon as I can

Whose end is that on I wonder? Does it fail on lyca's end or ID's?
    I think I've a lyca SIM around here somewhere keep meaning to dig it out.

I raised SMS issue with them back in March and never heard anything back, didn't want to hassle the guy who had sent me test SMS to test again as he now knew not to bother texting anyway so ended up forgetting about it until someone else mentioned they'd text me, so I contacted them again and they claimed they closed the case after numerous attempts to try to contact me (which is a lie) - that p*ssed me off. I know they didn't try to contact me - no missed calls and no voicemails and the issue was fixed less than a week after I raised it a second time.
    This was my only real issue with them, the SMS from UK numbers was from work numbers - actually ended up being an issue our end which is now resolved. iD did have an issue for receiving international texts back in March and April though.

My data speeds at home and work are still ok, can watch netflix etc on phone. In my folks house I can only get 3G usually. I'll stick them out I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Gotta agree with everything said here.

I'm getting a consistently 0.50Mbps at home and I'm lucky to get 3Mbs anywhere else.

I contacted customer service who basically told me thats the way it is.

I'm on a pay as you go phone plan.

Leaving them

Gotta agree with everything said here.

I'm getting a consistently 0.50Mbps at home and I'm lucky to get 3Mbs anywhere else.

I contacted customer service who basically told me thats the way it is.

I'm on a pay as you go phone plan.

Leaving them

I would love Comreg to hear all this and do something about it. They're getting away with murder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rang up to cancel with these yesterday.
    "Is it the number you're ringing off you want to cancel" It is yes " Ok that is cancelled for you now have a nice "

Cut off before he could finish the sentence. If only their network was as efficient as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

I would love Comreg to hear all this and do something about it. They're getting away with murder

I'd love Comreg to do something but they are totally useless from past experience.
    So cowboys like this can set up and trouser peoples cash with no hassle for a barely exsistant service.
    Its aimed at younger people also so I'm wondering if thats why they are such a bad service.
    Also, cannot top up online, a lot of shops never heard of them when looking for credit.
    Only contactable via Instant Message support which is next to useless
    The most they do to solve your problems is offer to change a SIM card and tell you to suck it up otherwise.
    The last few days at my house, 'No Network available,emergency calls only' and its not come back, like wtf??

At least I can put up my experience with them here and people can read it. Thats more satisfaction than Comreg will ever give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Still not sure what people expected out of these MVNOs. Significantly undercut the host operator which is already the most budget in the country. Take cheap and go cheaper and you end up with junk.

If you're paying 10€/mo 9.00+ is probably going to Three, doesnt leave a lot for customer care agents or network management techs or proper AAA hardware or international agreements.

To be clear, its not just iD, 48 are a similar setup. I'm with 3, but I choose that knowing that calling CS is a waste of time. If you want customer care pay €30/mo not €10/mo and have somebody to help you. COMREG fixing it would mean shutting down the MVNOs which invalidates 3s deal to take over from Telefonica.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ED E wrote: »
    Still not sure what people expected out of these MVNOs. Significantly undercut the host operator which is already the most budget in the country. Take cheap and go cheaper and you end up with junk.

If you're paying 10€/mo 9.00+ is probably going to Three, doesnt leave a lot for customer care agents or network management techs or proper AAA hardware or international agreements.

To be clear, its not just iD, 48 are a similar setup. I'm with 3, but I choose that knowing that calling CS is a waste of time. If you want customer care pay €30/mo not €10/mo and have somebody to help you. COMREG fixing it would mean shutting down the MVNOs which invalidates 3s deal to take over from Telefonica.

I'm like yourself I haven't had any major issues at all. Sure coverage is crap in the sticks but on the rare occasion I am there it's what I expect. The same with all other operators (Bar VF and Meteor)

15 blips a month is a delight.

Yeah, my main problem was being unable to receive some texts - their CS was appalling for that though. That's resolved now - their response regarding short codes a bit of a pain. It's broken and we know about it, goodbye...

Can only expect so much from an MVNO - I pay 21 a month for 250 minutes, 100 sms and 20gb data...coming from 24 months on VF with 100 minutes (I always went over) unlimited SMS (who needs that?) and 1.5gb data (come on) for 40 a month. I'm pretty sweet with my iD deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eugene2n

Anyone else having trouble topping up online (prepay) when you click on read more on your myid tab to topup 15 Euro it just doesn't work.

Advertisement