Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Have to say my Internet with idmobile is crap .I'm getting either h+ if I'm lucky but we're I use to get h+ I now get E . That's not Internet. It's a joke

I'm getting E and a big roaming triangle all morning. Several times I haven't even had network coverage to make a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

malcy wrote: »
    I'm getting E and a big roaming triangle all morning. Several times I haven't even had network coverage to make a call.

Had no data when I checked my phone about an hour ago. What a sad excuse for a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

The last weekend data outage was because idmobile own servers and not three network I found out.so watch this space as they say

I had to go to idmobile store to swap out my sim as it seems can happen if a lot of data outages idmobile sim can always restore and get edge data instead of 3g or 4g . I had to do that today to sort out my data problem as it didn't work right since last weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I haven't had any issues like the ones stated here. I moved to iD in December. Sometimes data can be a bit patchy but nothing too major. I live/work in Dublin though. My data on iD is better than what I got on Vodafone and I don't live/work far from VF HQ!
    Only issue I've had with iD is that I dont' receive all my SMS and raised this with them months ago with no follow up from them.

• Advertisement

I was with Vodafone 17 years most
    .only twice had network issues. I left them as there plans were high compared to what they offered . Before I moved to idmobile .I was comparing idmobile with three mobile .I think I should have either went with three mobile or meteor
    Hopefully idmobile will get it together soon as there's too many people have issues with data etc .

I haven't had any issues like the ones stated here. I moved to iD in December. Sometimes data can be a bit patchy but nothing too major. I live/work in Dublin though. My data on iD is better than what I got on Vodafone and I don't live/work far from VF HQ!
    Only issue I've had with iD is that I dont' receive all my SMS and raised this with them months ago with no follow up from them.
    I'm in cork city and where idmobile should be strong strong .it's weak
    A idmobile Customer care person said he was also having data issues and this person works for idmobile . Seems some of data issues is idmobile own and not three network .may even this what happens with new provider but they coming off three network
    Also seems three mobile is turning off some of the transmitters around country this adds to it. I see how it goes over next month but if no improvement then I have no choice but move

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Speed was bad the whole day and now ID has an offer where prepaid customers get 30 GB of data if they top up 15€ (and they get to keep the 15€) .

They even advertise that it's 90 hours of mobile Netflix streaming or 720 hours of Spotify.

The network can't cope at the moment anyhow and now that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Speed was bad the whole day and now ID has an offer where prepaid customers get 30 GB of data if they top up 15€ (and they get to keep the 15€) .

They even advertise that it's 90 hours of mobile Netflix streaming or 720 hours of Spotify.

The network can't cope at the moment anyhow and now that offer.

I think it's time for anyone who expects semi-decent data speeds to move to another network.

Back in the days I was with Tesco Mobile when they had a similar offer on an already saturated network, and it became unusable for months.

For a heavy user (in quantity), Three's 20 euros all you can eat offer will offer better (if not stellar) performance, and light users'd better go with a network which offers smaller allowances but much faster speeds for similar prices (Meteor or Vodafone).

Absolutely leaving now. Went to UK. Contacted them on Twitter so they could activate the network for me like I have had to do before. Except this time I got a huge message from them telling me vague instructions of how to do it myself.

It began with go to the main menu then the id sim card symbol. I replied straight away with main menu where exactly. Eventually got a reply saying the main menu where your apps are. I replied that i did not have this. They just assumed that i had an android device. Didn't bother to ask any different. They came back with we will look into it. Sorted it myself in the end.

If they had been able to do it automatically before, why did I have to do anything at all. They really have no idea what they are doing. And the site STILL says 20,000MB not 20,480MB.

Also notice that roaming call prices are ok but this is due to them taking minutes, texts and data usage out my plan as well as charging me.

I have never ever dealt with such a useless, incompetent company and will be making it very clear to them when i ring up to leave on my return.

Still waiting for a reply from the email i sent 2 weeks ago because i was told, as per usual, by the person on the phone that they weren't sufficiently trained ao just send an email.

Utterly pathetic.

• Advertisement

malcy wrote: »
    Absolutely leaving now. Went to UK. Contacted them on Twitter so they could activate the network for me like I have had to do before. Except this time I got a huge message from them telling me vague instructions of how to do it myself.

It began with go to the main menu then the id sim card symbol. I replied straight away with main menu where exactly. Eventually got a reply saying the main menu where your apps are. I replied that i did not have this. They just assumed that i had an android device. Didn't bother to ask any different. They came back with we will look into it. Sorted it myself in the end.

If they had been able to do it automatically before, why did I have to do anything at all. They really have no idea what they are doing. And the site STILL says 20,000MB not 20,480MB.

Also notice that roaming call prices are ok but this is due to them taking minutes, texts and data usage out my plan as well as charging me.

I have never ever dealt with such a useless, incompetent company and will be making it very clear to them when i ring up to leave on my return.

Still waiting for a reply from the email i sent 2 weeks ago because i was told, as per usual, by the person on the phone that they weren't sufficiently trained ao just send an email.

Utterly pathetic.
    Have to agree
    They just go through the motions without doing anything. The network is crap and setup is crap. Haven't had as bad as this for over 10 years or more
    I'm giving them a month then I'm contacting comreg and leaving as wasted enough money already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

The service im getting is a joke atm. NO data at all. But i am 3 months into the contract with which i got a phone. Im guessing i have to buy out phone to leave

gufc21 wrote: »
    The service im getting is a joke atm. NO data at all. But i am 3 months into the contract with which i got a phone. Im guessing i have to buy out phone to leave
    They told me if I want out of contract .I have to pay for reminder amount left with phone I got on contract on which they give me unlock code

Will be contacting Comreg as well with a list of all problems I've had along with screenshots of hopeless conversations I've had with customer care. To be honest I feel sorry for the people who work for them. Being given less than adequate training and having to deal with irate people like ourselves who are having issues.

Very true
    I left Vodafone for crap data and service. Only reason I left Vodafone after 17 years with them was they too hight prices for there plans. 55 euros a month plan with only 5 gb !!!. When I leave idmobile as it's looking that way my options are three mobile and meteor .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Very true
    I left Vodafone for crap data and service. Only reason I left Vodafone after 17 years with them was they too hight prices for there plans. 55 euros a month plan with only 5 gb !!!. When I leave idmobile as it's looking that way my options are three mobile and meteor .

Three is the same network as ID. Their network is totally banjaxed and is going to take at least 2 years to fix. You need to go to Meteor or Eir.

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Very true

Three is the same network as ID. Their network is totally banjaxed and is going to take at least 2 years to fix. You need to go to Meteor or Eir.
    Was thinking meteor . It's a pity Idmobile isn't better

bugfreebob wrote: »

Three is providing a service to ID mobile to use their edge network and centralise customers' communications. But the core network infrastructure is definitely separate.

While Three is not stellar compared to Vodafone and to some extend Meteor in terms of performance, it work ok and doesn't have any of the issues mentioned on this thread.

The problem seems to be that ID mobile has a rubbish core network which keeps failing and is not capable of handling enough data traffic (that last bit might be on purpose because for each KB of data you download they have to pay money to Three, so if you have a data bundle,the less you download the more money they make).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Bob24 wrote: »
    While Three is not stellar... it works ok and doesn't have any of the issues mentioned on this thread.

I can confirm this as I'm now on Three after leaving iD. I'm sure there are some issues with Three, but they are in no way identical to iD's issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Some great data offerings. Pity the network coverage and quality is absolutely ****e.

• Advertisement

Type 17 wrote: »
    Bob24 wrote: »
    While Three is not stellar... it works ok and doesn't have any of the issues mentioned on this thread.

I can confirm this as I'm now on Three after leaving iD. I'm sure there are some issues with Three, but they are in no way identical to iD's issues.
    What the difference you see between three and Id because I be moving soon but not sure if I go to Meteor or three

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

The differences I see are better data delivery (no stalling/hesitation), ability to divert to non-voicemail destinations and better roaming (ie: you can roam in countries you visit!).

Speeds are the same, but the issue iD sometimes has seems to be congestion (latency when you click on a link, stalling when streaming, etc).

I've no experience with Meteor, so I can't compare, but I stuck with Three as I was an O2 customer (and an Esat Digifone/O2 employee back in the day).

Type 17 wrote: »
    The differences I see are better data delivery (no stalling/hesitation), ability to divert to non-voicemail destinations and better roaming (ie: you can roam in countries you visit!).

Speeds are the same, but the issue iD sometimes has seems to be congestion (latency when you click on a link, stalling when streaming, etc).

I've no experience with Meteor, so I can't compare, but I stuck with Three as I was an O2 customer (and an Esat Digifone/O2 employee back in the day).
    I'm told idmobile I give them a month .after that I'm gone .I buy the upgrade phone and get unlock code and get released from contract then I look at three

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Couldn't roam in Dominican Republic, Panama and Turkey.

They told me to ring them when roaming to troubleshoot problem.

Couldn't roam in Dominican Republic, Panama and Turkey.

They told me to ring them when roaming to troubleshoot problem.
    What a disaster of excuse for mobile operator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Three are terrible too just have a look on their forum here on boards.. Meteor and Vodafone are good

jay93 wrote: »
    Three are terrible too just have a look on their forum here on boards.. Meteor and Vodafone are good

Putting Three at the same level as ID would be unfair.

They have poor customer service (so does Meteor), some dodgy sales practises, and their data network is congested in busy areas (4G in Dublin city centre can sometimes but stuck around 2Mbps). But overall it works and I for example have a pretty good success rate with video streaming while on the bus.

Meteor works better and Vodafone even more so, but not too surprisingly you pay for what you get. A heavy data user (15GB or more) won't find any appropriate plan on Vodafone whereas Three will give unlimited data for 20 euros. Meteor is a good middle ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Three do seem to be making an effort to rectify the customer service bit. Any time I've had to call them recently during core hours I've been routed straight through to Limerick who seem to be able to go "off script" and so it's a lot more pleasant to get things done.

The network is still hideously crippled but so long as they tout unlimited data for all it will always lag badly behind Meteor and Vodafone - 4G is only delivering what 3G does on Voda/Meteor, 4G+ will only deliver what 4G delivers on Voda/Meteor etc. Compromise you pay for unlimited access.

iD on the other hand only use the RAN of the Three network and pay for the access - so they will be contending for the bandwidth on the loaded network. However everything else, switching and routing of voice and data traffic is done in-house by iD themselves.

This is where many of the issues seem to lie - during the first few months operating here this seemed to fall over every morning and evening weekday rush hour without fail. Full coverage and data but you couldn't call or text anyone. It continues to give them regular trouble. So if you have full coverage but can't call or text or your data is not working it is an iD issue as opposed to a Three one.

Add to that, they do not interconnect with Lyca or 48 so you won't be able to contact anyone on those networks, you can't forward calls to anything other than your voicemail, SMS shortcodes do not work properly, billing system is about 3 months behind, head office don't appear to communicate on anything.

I really cannot see them lasting much longer if they don't cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Kensington wrote: »

Add to that, they do not interconnect with Lyca or 48 so you won't be able to contact anyone on those networks, !

Family on 48 - I'm on ID - what does this mean for me ? Seem not to have any issues !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Maybe it has been fixed but there were issues when an iD customer tried to call or text a 48 customer and vice versa. Same with Lyca. Recent example:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99649487#post99649487

Advertisement