Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Re Comreg. I've a particular damming case against a network here and Comreg took a snooty attitude until I brushed them up on their own language . In short a network stole money from my bank account and failed to explain it. Only for I copped it on my bill I'd have never of known. It involves over a €1000. This happened two year ago. I left the network and they came after me for cancelation fees which I knew would happen.

This was after I canceled my upgrade which was done over the phone and then they took two weeks to refund me. In the interim the phone was sent back then they paid my bill with my point of sale credit card and my bill is typically direct debit. So they stole not only money but data.

Now they have a financial organization after me whom have heard my complete story who have agreed not to go ahead with the case unless they provide information as to why they stole money. The network keeps using the excuse "We don't have that information at hand and we only keep two years data on file".

Comreg are dealing with the issue and even after attaching the email to this network from Comreg they still play the same card. But Comreg in the beginning said we cant chase anything over 9 months old. So my reply was "So you're telling me that it's OK for a large mobile network to steal money with no explanation and harvest data is ok with you and the general public, you've another thing coming.

Their tune changed quickly. Just to warn people here on Billpay to check your bill methodically, I'll post some of the priceless responses later if anyone wants to see them. This case is going on a while now and I look forward to it should it come to court, as yet it's the network that keeps finding every excuse possible they know they are damaged by this. I've all the hard copy of the bills and so on and the network says they don't have them at all. I find this truly amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Re Comreg. I've a particular damming case against a network here and Comreg took a snooty attitude until I brushed them up on their own language . In short a network stole money from my bank account and failed to explain it. Only for I copped it on my bill I'd have never of known. It involves over a €1000. This happened two year ago. I left the network and they came after me for cancelation fees which I knew would happen.

This was after I canceled my upgrade which was done over the phone and then they took two weeks to refund me. In the interim the phone was sent back then they paid my bill with my point of sale credit card and my bill is typically direct debit. So they stole not only money but data.

Now they have a financial organization after me whom have heard my complete story who have agreed not to go ahead with the case unless they provide information as to why they stole money. The network keeps using the excuse "We don't have that information at hand and we only keep two years data on file".

Comreg are dealing with the issue and even after attaching the email to this network from Comreg they still play the same card. But Comreg in the beginning said we cant chase anything over 9 months old. So my reply was "So you're telling me that it's OK for a large mobile network to steal money with no explanation and harvest data is ok with you and the general public, you've another thing coming.

Their tune changed quickly. Just to warn people here on Billpay to check your bill methodically, I'll post some of the priceless responses later if anyone wants to see them. This case is going on a while now and I look forward to it should it come to court, as yet it's the network that keeps finding every excuse possible they know they are damaged by this. I've all the hard copy of the bills and so on and the network says they don't have them at all. I find this truly amazing..

Was that with iD mobile though? They only started last year didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No BUT it's just a warning for people to watch their bills and the sneaky tactics used.. And how Comreg have treated things and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

To be fair, I get good service:

3Nssb1W.png
    (And, that's iD, not Three as it says)

What I have noticed is if I have my Three SIM in, I get 4G icon and signal (3/5 bars). With the iD SIM, I get LTE icon and 5/5 bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

To be fair, I get good service:

3Nssb1W.png
    (And, that's iD, not Three as it says)

What I have noticed is if I have my Three SIM in, I get 4G icon and signal (3/5 bars). With the iD SIM, I get LTE icon and 5/5 bars.
    Then your one very few who have good data speeds with idmobile. I be leaving them soon so living close to city and getting poor data speeds

• Advertisement

That's disappointing. I hoped that the network would do well and shake up the competition a bit.

Hopefully it does not turn out like Just Mobile. I'd say that this is unlikely with the backing of Dixons Carphone, but anything is a possibility.

There attitude needs to change .I have sent them screen shots if data speedtest with other details to give them a pin points .sometimes have problems with calls .only texts working 100 per cent . But the data is the worst I have had in 18 years and no fix in site by them .when I come back from holidays I give a week to sort or next step is comreg .consumers. get out if contract and leave them .have to say my experience with idmobile is poor and worst

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

I haven't paid this months bill yet and no sign of them chasing me up for it. The last time I was late they were texting me saying I had 48 hours or they were cutting me off. I arranged a callback because they said I couldn't pay at that time because they were busy!! I arranged a call back and they rang me from an 089 mobile number. I didn't answer because I didn't know the number. Any other time I rang I couldn't even get through to anyone. They then rang me 5 days later and I paid it then. Ridiculous customer service.

All I ever get is send an email because we don't know what your talking about. An email takes over 2 weeks to get a reply. Last time they copied and pasted their previous email to me. Useless.

My data and signal were non existent for a few hours yesterday.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

malcy wrote: »
    I haven't paid this months bill yet and no sign of them chasing me up for it. The last time I was late they were texting me saying I had 48 hours or they were cutting me off. I arranged a callback because they said I couldn't pay at that time because they were busy!! I arranged a call back and they rang me from an 089 mobile number. I didn't answer because I didn't know the number. Any other time I rang I couldn't even get through to anyone. They then rang me 5 days later and I paid it then. Ridiculous customer service.

All I ever get is send an email because we don't know what your talking about. An email takes over 2 weeks to get a reply. Last time they copied and pasted their previous email to me. Useless.

My data and signal were non existent for a few hours yesterday.

I've always found this odd. I don't get random calls that often, but I would always answer, assuming it wasn't an inconvenient time.

I noticed they rang me on a random 089 number also, they actually hung up before I got a chance to answer.

MarkR wrote: »
    I've always found this odd. I don't get random calls that often, but I would always answer, assuming it wasn't an inconvenient time.

I noticed they rang me on a random 089 number also, they actually hung up before I got a chance to answer.

I don't answer a number I don't know. If its important they can leave me a message or txt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Their Number that's shows when they are calling you back & it their Customer Care number it is the same : 089 7001747

Tonight I lost text .call and data from idmobile. Had to do manual search for Idmobile. What a joke of a network

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Oisin1001

Is the coverage really that bad? Their new pay as you go plan is looking pretty good - 30GB of 4G data, 300 any network minutes and unlimited iD to iD calls and texts for €15.

Oisin1001 wrote: »
    Is the coverage really that bad? Their new pay as you go plan is looking pretty good - 30GB of 4G data, 300 any network minutes and unlimited iD to iD calls and texts for €15.

It's not just the coverage, the whole network is crap. I got a load of texts through within a couple of minutes on sunday. Thought it odd so replied only to find some of them were sent to me over a week ago. Pathetic, and they still haven't looked for last months bill. They're a bunch of amateurs.

Oisin1001 wrote: »
    its the worst network i have ever had and customer service a joke
    it says 4g but rarely get 4 g, after september if no improvement I'm getting comreg involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

No complaints so far , the switchover was easy, the customer care girl was helpful , the speeds are good better than tesco who i previously with , was expecting some surprises beacause of all the negaitive reviews but my experience has only been positive so far. The value of the payg offer for 15 euro was too good not to try out and so far i am happy i did. Im in kerry at the moment and the large towns down here are grand for coverage and data speeds. im getting speeds rangeing from 21 to 25 to 32 download, and 25 , 18 and 21 upload so its grand. Their myID webpage is good where u can check balances etc. Excellent value imo. Im no expert but i guess if your town or city has a good mobile coverage on most networks and good broadband setup the more likely you are to have the same positive experience. My only negative is not being able to top up online yet

wolf9 wrote: »
    No complaints so far , the switchover was easy, the customer care girl was helpful , the speeds are good better than tesco who i previously with , was expecting some surprises beacause of all the negaitive reviews but my experience has only been positive so far. The value of the payg offer for 15 euro was too good not to try out and so far i am happy i did. Im in kerry at the moment and the large towns down here are grand for coverage and data speeds. im getting speeds rangeing from 21 to 25 to 32 download, and 25 , 18 and 21 upload so its grand. Their myID webpage is good where u can check balances etc. Excellent value imo. Im no expert but i guess if your town or city has a good mobile coverage on most networks and good broadband setup the more likely you are to have the same positive experience. My only negative is not being able to top up online yet
    As I work in cork city you would think it be good.its not .I know a few who left idmobile and gone to Meteor or Vodafone where they don't have issues like with idmobile. When I first signed up in April all was good then may onwards was crap .idmobile know I have data and call issues plus the new mobile I got off them can't find there network sometimes and have to manually connect to there network which is funny as mobile phone from them which has automatic connect but doesn't. So if your getting good everything .hope it last for you

Look at this data speeds from idmobile in cork city .good joke !

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2080139056

This the best speed I got today in city from idmobile. What's going on with the bunch ?

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2116540336

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone here from Galway city and on ID picking up 3G? My wife recently switched and is mostly seeing Edge exclusively. Total BS if you ask me but she won't do anything about it. After going through some trouble shooting with them one day I'm now certain its a network issue as we randomly got 3G driving through loughrea town one day and never again.

I don't expect 3G in the village we live in but we're regularly in the city and the phone never leaves edge. Phone is oneplus one and she had no problems picking up 3g in the city with Three/O2 previously and nothing system wise with the phone has changed. I've checked every setting and verified the apn settings with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I have looked at their packages but can't work out the SMS allowance on the 15.00
    Plan, am I missing something or is it not included

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I have looked at their packages but can't work out the SMS allowance on the 15.00
    Plan, am I missing something or is it not included

There's none included so you will use your €15 credit on sms. That means you'll get 100 texts from your €15 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

That's if they actually send.
    Im done with this network I have given it far too much time. My first child was born 3 weeks ago and I couldn't get signal (in dcc) to call all my family when he was born.

A waiting them taking final payment getting the phone unlocked and heading over to Vodafone. I am on the family and friends package but I would happily pay triple that with someone who can provide what I need.

Id is akin to a Chinese poor quality knock off of a decent brand.

Avoid like the plague

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was half considering trying iD mobile again for a month, and then trying meteor. Does anyone have anything positive to say? :-)

Actually, I've a dual sim phone. I could try both....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I was half considering trying iD mobile again for a month, and then trying meteor. Does anyone have anything positive to say? :-)

I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I wouldn't bother.

Customer service is a joke. If it's anything they can't fix straight away good luck to you. Trying to get an issue sorted out with them and have been promised updates numerous times over the last month and a half. Still have the issue and NOBODY has contacted me on it.

Not worth the grief. Avoid.

Stay away from idmobile. Go with meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

How do I find out what frequencies ID uses? Thinking of buying a Chinese phone, thanks.

• Advertisement

BowWow wrote: »
    How do I find out what frequencies ID uses? Thinking of buying a Chinese phone, thanks.
    http://willmyphonework.net/

Advertisement