Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Would id be a good option for someone who wants to make calls exclusive ly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Would id be a good option for someone who wants to make calls exclusive ly?
    Calls and texts are OK. Make sure the give you version 11 sim card as older aims from idmobile are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Calls and texts are OK. Make sure the give you version 11 sim card as older aims from idmobile are crap

How can you tell the version number of the sim? What makes it better?

How can you tell the version number of the sim? What makes it better?
    Last 2 digits are 11
    It's newest version sim fixes problems with calls and texts .not with data as that seems different problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Last 2 digits are 11
    It's newest version sim fixes problems with calls and texts .not with data as that seems different problem

Does it fix the issues with people on other mnvos not being able to call people on on iD that ported in their number?

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Last 2 digits are 11

Does it fix the issues with people on other mnvos not being able to call people on on iD that ported in their number?
    It fixed issues with me calling other non Idmobile numbers

The new sim with last digits 11 solved my biggest problem were my sim didn't connect to idmobile network .it fixed this problem and making calls to other non idmobile network numbers .that's all it fixed for me .still have the worst data with idmobile

Just noticed the website says unpaid beside each of the last 3 months bills despite them having been debited from my bank account. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Just noticed the website says unpaid beside each of the last 3 months bills despite them having been debited from my bank account. Anyone else have this?

Same with my account, but debits have come out of bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

BowWow wrote: »
    Same with my account, but debits have come out of bank account.

I think we can safely say, just like the network itself, the iD website is absolutely garbage.

• Advertisement

I think we can safely say, just like the network itself, the iD website is absolutely garbage.

Yeah, I've had enough, once I see a good offer on any other network I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

This network never ceases to amaze me how amateur and poorly run it is. They have FINALLY updated the website to say 20GB and not 20,000MB. But now under texts instead of saying eg;

You have used 50/100 Texts, it now says you have used 50/100 MB.

Please anyone considering using them, don't bother. They are truly awful. Signal is never guaranteed, the data speeds are pish & the customer service is high up on my list of the worst. Infact, they are the worst. Nobody i have ever spoken to has had a clue of what i am asking them and asked me to send an email instead.

An email address with a typical response time of 2 WEEKS. even when they do reply, instead of giving an answer they have copied and pasted the previous email and just sent that. Absolute incompetence.

STAY AWAY FROM ID (Incompetent Drivel)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Went in to a Carphone Warehouse shop yesterday and got a Version 11 sim. Have to say there is a marked improvement in making and receiving calls.

BowWow wrote: »
    Went in to a Carphone Warehouse shop yesterday and got a Version 11 sim. Have to say there is a marked improvement in making and receiving calls.

Couldn't pay this months bill. Cut off. Apparently last months wasn't paid either. News to me. They said if one month isn't paid the next month wnt be looked for. Bull****. I was charged an unpaid standing order fee for this month. They are useless. I now have no data calls wtc until next week when I can pay the bill from the month before. Sp possed off.

After September I'm leaving Idmobile. Had enough. The new sim sorted calls but have worst crap data I have every had from any network .all I get its three network. It's not idmobile from there support service staff. I have had this crap data service for almost 6 months .After September I'm gone
    Then I go to real network

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I was temped to give iD Mobile broadband another try, but after looking through the test results history graph on TestMy.net, I decided to hold off.

This is past 1000 results graph on the iD Mobile network up to this time of posting:

GtHLOzQ.png

I added the months below the above graph. As shown above, there has been a sharp drop in the number of users running tests with TestMy on the network. It could mean that most of those who were using TestMy have left the network. What's interesting is how the graph is sloping downwards and the first thing that came to mind is that this must be the Three network getting ever more congested.

However, when I brought up the last 1000 results graph for the Three network, it looks very different to the right section of the iD Mobile graph. Notice how many test results there are above 30Mbps compared to the entire above graph. This graph only covers 8 days due to the much larger number of tests run on the Three network:

3jxctge.png

The following graph is a 1000 results graph leading up to the end of March, which also covers an 8 day period. Unlike the above iD Mobile graph, the test results were worse than the past 8 days:

Il4Hzb2.png

So it appears that the Three network itself has actually improved likely due to the increasing number of 4G masts, but the iD Mobile network has gone downhill based on the top graph.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

hi opted for id mobile bill pay last week,they couldnt even port my number since,rang,rang,rang,no joy,waste of my time,probably going back to eir,my simple advice ref id is DONT

hi opted for id mobile bill pay last week,they couldnt even port my number since,rang,rang,rang,no joy,waste of my time,probably going back to eir,my simple advice ref id is DONT
    I'm could have saved you hassle as I'm in cork and idmobile is a joke of provider .Looks like I'm going to Meteor

I tried to ring up and get reconnected by paying off the rest of my bill. What a joke. Please enter your mobile number, must have done that 5 times and was met with 'Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, if you are, welcome, please enter your, welcome, welcome, to speak, welcome, welcome, welcome etc etc.

Disgrace of a customer service and the data speeds are still woeful. Took me 35 mins to watch 20 mins of last nights Eastenders on my iPad. Gave up.

• Advertisement

malcy wrote: »
    I tried to ring up and get reconnected by paying off the rest of my bill. What a joke. Please enter your mobile number, must have done that 5 times and was met with 'Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, if you are, welcome, please enter your, welcome, welcome, to speak, welcome, welcome, welcome etc etc.

Disgrace of a customer service and the data speeds are still woeful. Took me 35 mins to watch 20 mins of last nights Eastenders on my iPad. Gave up.
    Is it three network or just idmobile. Maybe not much in different

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm could have saved you hassle as I'm in cork and idmobile is a joke of provider .Looks like I'm going to Meteor

yes ,read your posts last night,really terrible c care,i wasted 6 days waiting,ringing etc,to try and get my number ported etc no joy,rang this morning to cancel,left me on the phone hanging for 12/13 minutes,told andrew,no messing,that im recording the conversation,asked his name again,and stated very clearly,i want to cancel now,as im within the 14 days cooling off period,so guess i had a lucky escape,going to try tesco sim only e 25 ,rolling contract,good luck with yours,really a shambles of a service provider.

yes ,read your posts last night,really terrible c care,i wasted 6 days waiting,ringing etc,to try and get my number ported etc no joy,rang this morning to cancel,left me on the phone hanging for 12/13 minutes,told andrew,no messing,that im recording the conversation,asked his name again,and stated very clearly,i want to cancel now,as im within the 14 days cooling off period,so guess i had a lucky escape,going to try tesco sim only e 25 ,rolling contract,good luck with yours,really a shambles of a service provider.
    Tesco. Idmobile. Lyca. 48months. virgin media are all on 3 network. Can get unlimited everything from 3 network for 29.99 which is what I'm paying on idmobile for less . Meteor is better but costs 46.99 for what I get on idmobile. Vodafone even less and cost 55 euros. Choices are poor . We have third world providers here .having problems since April and still have. Given it till September then I get comreg and consumers involved and get rid of idmobile.
    Had high hopes for Idmobile but was worst network provider I have had in 19 years .unreal poor service in every way

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If you don't mind going the prepay route, Meteor's simplicity plan is worth considering - €20/month for unlimited any network minutes and 15GB data. If you send a lot of texts, they have a €30/month plan for unlimited any network minutes, unlimited SMS and 15GB data.

As everyone I know has WhatsApp, I haven't sent an SMS to anyone in several months, so I'm on Meteor's €20/month simplicity prepay plan. The data speed I get on the phone is like day vs night compared to the Three network, most pages load up in a second or two on 4G and their 3G network is still a heck of a lot faster than I was getting with Three's 4G network on my phone.

editorsean wrote: »
    If you don't mind going the prepay route, Meteor's simplicity plan is worth considering - 20/month for unlimited any network minutes and 15GB data. If you send a lot of texts, they have a 30/month plan for unlimited any network minutes, unlimited SMS and 15GB data.

As everyone I know has WhatsApp, I haven't sent an SMS to anyone in several months, so I'm on Meteor's 20/month simplicity prepay plan. The data speed I get on the phone is like day vs night compared to the Three network, most pages load up in a second or two on 4G and their 3G network is still a heck of a lot faster than I was getting with Three's 4G network on my phone.
    I'm going on which every network probably meteor unless there's a miracle on 30 day contract as suits me better .would go with Vodafone which give unlimited calls and texts but a useless 5gb data which is way behind everyone else .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

used for a month now in kerry , so heres the good, the bad and the ugly, data speeds are great which is what my main priority is, i use loads of data but not much minutes calling people so the plan works well for me. The calls can lose signal and break up a bit which would annoy if ur talking alot. Was talking to a friend who is with three and he said the same, data good but calls bad. No issues with text msgs.

Mind it aswell on the date ur credit is to go , i thought u would have untill midnight to top up before the credit expires but it actually expires at the exact time u topped up 30 days previous. I learned the hard way and it ate my €10 leftover credit in data charges cos my credit was out. This is minor tho as they allow you to keep the leftover credit just dont leave it expire. Win or learn. All in all il stay with them 15 euro a month suits me perfect.

wolf9 wrote: »
    used for a month now in kerry , so heres the good, the bad and the ugly, data speeds are great which is what my main priority is, i use loads of data but not much minutes calling people so the plan works well for me. The calls can lose signal and break up a bit which would annoy if ur talking alot. Was talking to a friend who is with three and he said the same, data good but calls bad. No issues with text msgs.

Mind it aswell on the date ur credit is to go , i thought u would have untill midnight to top up before the credit expires but it actually expires at the exact time u topped up 30 days previous. I learned the hard way and it ate my 10 leftover credit in data charges cos my credit was out. This is minor tho as they allow you to keep the leftover credit just dont leave it expire. Win or learn. All in all il stay with them 15 euro a month suits me perfect.
    More reason to leave idmobile as I use for work and useless if I can't hear each other on a call .so idmobile is crap for me .no point paying good money for full package if not even getting proper data and calls in a city .

No internet in Dublin. Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Don't know whats going on with ID now, I signed up last month and tbh it was alright, but the last 3 days I have had "emergency calls only".

Went onto their website to report yesterday, according to their support it was localized issues with masts being repaired, 2 masts were down which happened to be in the 2 locations I was in.... Carrickmines and Westend retail park. Ok fair enough. I got signal back last night.

Today, the same story again, except I can confirm the following locations are not working D18, D16, D2, D1, D7, D13, D12. And also their online support is not working, nor their telephone support number.

Anyone else getting issues around Dublin? I would be amazed if there were that many localized issues.....think they might be fibbing at this stage...

• Advertisement

davindub wrote: »
    Don't know whats going on with ID now, I signed up last month and tbh it was alright, but the last 3 days I have had "emergency calls only".

Went onto their website to report yesterday, according to their support it was localized issues with masts being repaired, 2 masts were down which happened to be in the 2 locations I was in.... Carrickmines and Westend retail park. Ok fair enough. I got signal back last night.

Today, the same story again, except I can confirm the following locations are not working D18, D16, D2, D1, D7, D13, D12. And also their online support is not working, nor their telephone support number.

Anyone else getting issues around Dublin? I would be amazed if there were that many localized issues.....think they might be fibbing at this stage...

I have hated the service but recently it has been fine. Weather was atrocious on Friday as was my hangover so stayed in bed and the signal went a few times when i needed it but it's the first time in a couple of months it has been an issue. Still don't plan on staying with them though. Was cut off and paid my bill off only to be told i would be in credit this month before the call was cut off so dunno if i have to pay a bill or not. Apart from that i think they are improving. I just hope they have trained their customer service up. They are so unimformed it's shameful.

Advertisement