Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Kensington wrote: »
    Maybe it has been fixed but there were issues when an iD customer tried to call or text a 48 customer and vice versa. Same with Lyca. Recent example:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99649487#post99649487

I'm on billpay wit id and have lyca pay as you go
    difference is data works 3 times better or more on lyca in same place
    i tested both id and lyca at same time with data speed test doing it 10 times and every time lyca came out around between 4 to 7.5 mb download and 2 to 3.5 upload and id mobile was 0.45 to 1.8 download and 0.14-0.44 upload

Big difference between the 2,, i sent these details to id mobile who didn't seem surprised which i thought was weird then again maybe not.

I told them they have 30 days to sort out my data otherwise i logging a report with comreg as not getting what i sign up with id for, i didn't sign up for part-time broadband of 20 gb per month with idmobile ,
    i told them i could accept 3g but i don't even get that
    i never had this crap network provider problems before till now and i won't be with them much longer .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kensington wrote: »
    Three do seem to be making an effort to rectify the customer service bit. Any time I've had to call them recently during core hours I've been routed straight through to Limerick who seem to be able to go "off script" and so it's a lot more pleasant to get things done.

The network is still hideously crippled but so long as they tout unlimited data for all it will always lag badly behind Meteor and Vodafone - 4G is only delivering what 3G does on Voda/Meteor, 4G+ will only deliver what 4G delivers on Voda/Meteor etc. Compromise you pay for unlimited access.

iD on the other hand only use the RAN of the Three network and pay for the access - so they will be contending for the bandwidth on the loaded network. However everything else, switching and routing of voice and data traffic is done in-house by iD themselves.

This is where many of the issues seem to lie - during the first few months operating here this seemed to fall over every morning and evening weekday rush hour without fail. Full coverage and data but you couldn't call or text anyone. It continues to give them regular trouble. So if you have full coverage but can't call or text or your data is not working it is an iD issue as opposed to a Three one.

Add to that, they do not interconnect with Lyca or 48 so you won't be able to contact anyone on those networks, you can't forward calls to anything other than your voicemail, SMS shortcodes do not work properly, billing system is about 3 months behind, head office don't appear to communicate on anything.

I really cannot see them lasting much longer if they don't cop on!

It's owned and run by Dixons. e.g. Currys. It really isn't surprising its such a mess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My data speeds just now in Sandyford. Find the problems listed in here bizarre as I've not experienced many problems, no more so than I did on VF anyway.
    I've no signal on iD in the same places as I couldn't get signal on VF and O2 back when I used them (remote spots or randomly Aldi in Sandyford) and better on iD in some spots. I used to always struggle for data at a friends house in D8 on VF, no issues with iD in same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My data speeds just now in Sandyford. Find the problems listed in here bizarre as I've not experienced many problems, no more so than I did on VF anyway.
    I've no signal on iD in the same places as I couldn't get signal on VF and O2 back when I used them (remote spots or randomly Aldi in Sandyford) and better on iD in some spots. I used to always struggle for data at a friends house in D8 on VF, no issues with iD in same location.

I'm similar to yourself.

The only thing that has been driving me bananas with ID has been the fact that it is so hard for it to find network when you come from a bad network area like a basement or carpark. This means I always have to manually search again.

I got a new sim today in the hope it will solve that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I'm similar to yourself.

The only thing that has been driving me bananas with ID has been the fact that it is so hard for it to find network when you come from a bad network area like a basement or carpark. This means I always have to manually search again.

I got a new sim today in the hope it will solve that issue.

I had the same issue, sim didn't fix it.

• Advertisement

Never got those data speeds from Id
    My 4g is like 2-3g and my 3g even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Can you give the 30 day notice online w/o having to call them?

and can I give notice and switch immediately just having to pay both bills as such

Can you give the 30 day notice online w/o having to call them?

and can I give notice and switch immediately just having to pay both bills as such

If you're keeping your number you can just go ahead and do the MNP process with your new provider.

I was in a 30 day rolling contract with eMobile before switching to ID and I didn't have to give any notice. The number was switched in about 10-15min.

I called eMobile to see how much I owed and they said wait for their billing cycle to complete as they would have cancelled service and stopped charging the second ID took the number. Once the final bill was issued I (would have) paid the bill. They actually owed me €8!

Today I have only 2g and sometimes.to make it worse I'm in the city ..can't even make a call on idmobile. They defo. Getting worse
    I think soon I be gone from idmobile. Can't take much more of this crap service

No issues today at all in the city at all. Upgrade to Marshmallow in my phone seems to have done the trick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This morning in North Country Dublin I can't use data at all again, network times out.

I'm now going to search for some other provider, even with the discount it's not worth it, constantly not being able to use data is just not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This morning in North Country Dublin I can't use data at all again, network times out.

I'm now going to search for some other provider, even with the discount it's not worth it, constantly not being able to use data is just not good.

Ah ya but that's because of fog! :pac:

Carnacalla wrote: »

Ah ya but that's because of fog! :pac:
    I'm was told yesterday that idmobile in ireland are not connected even does same name . If roaming in UK you roaming with Vodafone I'm told .the more I experience and have issues with Idmobile the more I'm moving for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Bob24 wrote: »
    Putting Three at the same level as ID would be unfair.

They have poor customer service (so does Meteor), some dodgy sales practises, and their data network is congested in busy areas (4G in Dublin city centre can sometimes but stuck around 2Mbps). But overall it works and I for example have a pretty good success rate with video streaming while on the bus.

Meteor works better and Vodafone even more so, but not too surprisingly you pay for what you get. A heavy data user (15GB or more) won't find any appropriate plan on Vodafone whereas Three will give unlimited data for 20 euros. Meteor is a good middle ground.

Streaming on Three during peak times for me never worked it would buffer all the time down to the fact that they had no 4G in my town when I lived there in Ireland and still don't from what my family told me, I went to Vodafone and never looked back at Three. I been with them since I was a teenager back in 2006 or 2007 the network was actually more reliable and faster back then it seems like it just gets worse.

I hope they can get their stuff together because their plans are really decent and I never really had much problems with their customer care just their service was crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jay93 wrote: »
    Streaming on Three during peak times for me never worked it would buffer all the time down to the fact that they had no 4G in my town when I lived there in Ireland and still don't from what my family told me, I went to Vodafone and never looked back at Three. I been with them since I was a teenager back in 2006 or 2007 the network was actually more reliable and faster back then it seems like it just gets worse.

I hope they can get their stuff together because their plans are really decent and I never really had much problems with their customer care just their service was crappy.

I found Three crap when I tried them in 2010 and left after a month. But I returned a bit before they acquired O2 as no one else was offering the data plan I wanted and it's ok. They definitly have 4G in town btw, but coverage inside buildings seems to be a hit and miss.

I work in town and have a habit of catching up with some TV at lunch time almost everyday and nowadays this always works perfectly (it was not the case 2 years ago). I also regularly stream videos on the bus from town down the N11 and it works pretty well except sometimes around Donnybrook.

Again, it's not the best network for pure data speeds, but it definitly is more reliable that how iD is described in this thread. In my view light users should go to Vodafone and enjoy faster speeds, but for heavy users (10GB+) Vodafone or even to some extend Meteor don't have any decent plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Anyone in Cork stuck on Edge all the time or NO SERVICE ?

Really poor service ! Putting in my notice

Rockin wrote: »
    Anyone in Cork stuck on Edge all the time or NO SERVICE ?

Really poor service ! Putting in my notice
    I'm getting edge in douglas and city centre all this week. I reported it but think waist of time. I'm with them 4 months on bill pay with new phone. I think I be gone before 6 months and pay for phone and go with 3 or meteor
    Will Idmobile phone work on three network which be unlocked

I'm getting edge in douglas and city centre all this week. I reported it but think waist of time. I'm with them 4 months on bill pay with new phone. I think I be gone before 6 months and pay for phone and go with 3 or meteor

Not sure about that but glad to know its not just me! So surprised a network can be so terrible.
    Really disappointing !

Not sure about that but glad to know its not just me! So surprised a network can be so terrible.
    Really disappointing !
    From what I found out over last 3 weeks.couple problems with idmobile.
    Three network in douglas carrigaline and cork city have 14 transmitters down or need or repair or taking off line hence where I use to get decent speeds are now dialup but saying that I test side by side lycomobile with idmobile and lycomobile was 4 times better so would say it's more idmobile problem plus there's issues with Idmobile core network servers too
    So for its idmobile mostly faults more than three network. My missus on 48 months which is also on three network in same areas like lycomobile and does have these issues. All this points to poor network service with idmobile. I'm very disappointed with idmobile. In a month I be gone

Three network in douglas carrigaline and cork city have 14 transmitters down or need or repair or taking off line hence where I use to get decent speeds are now dialup but saying that I test side by side lycomobile with idmobile and lycomobile was 4 times better so would say it's more idmobile problem plus there's issues with Idmobile core network servers too
    So for its idmobile mostly faults more than three network. My missus on 48 months which is also on three network in same areas like lycomobile and does have these issues. All this points to poor network service with idmobile. I'm very disappointed with idmobile. In a month I be gone

Lovely :( can I ask how you knew the transmitters were down etc? Be handy to check my local ones / area

• Advertisement

Lovely :( can I ask how you knew the transmitters were down etc? Be handy to check my local ones / area
    I'm use to work in wireless broadband and made contact with few people I know who work in this field and confirmed it . Even do three is taking some 02 masts offline they have other issues with ones they keeping plus upgrades of there network but idmobile can't blame it all on three . There staff have not good experience or just don't care . There's issues with Idmobile core servers but there i.t guys not admitting from what I'm told. Idmobile in ireland are separate from idmobile uk I was told . Think they being new there's going to issues but they seems to have a lot more than they should from what I hear off the record. I said I wait a month if no improvement then I'm gone. Think it take them a good year to sort it if they sort it.they have to for there sake . Idmobile is trying to gear for heavy users but can't. They barely service normal and light users

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Speeds all over the place the last day or so. Once I see a good deal on another network I'm gone. Tempted to try out Lyca but I think I'll wait until they get 4g.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Speeds all over the place the last day or so. Once I see a good deal on another network I'm gone. Tempted to try out Lyca but I think I'll wait until they get 4g.
    I'm don't know if I go with three or meteor .might try 30 day contract and see how it goes

I'm don't know if I go with three or meteor .might try 30 day contract and see how it goes

Was with 3 before and never really had any problems with them. Speeds weren't amazing but weren't bad either and it was reliable. Their talk to forum on here always sorted me out quickly anytime I had a query. Was with meteor years ago and probably still would be only for their customer service. When eircom took them over it all went down hill.

Was with 3 before and never really had any problems with them. Speeds weren't amazing but weren't bad either and it was reliable. Their talk to forum on here always sorted me out quickly anytime I had a query. Was with meteor years ago and probably still would be only for their customer service. When eircom took them over it all went down hill.
    On 30 day contract easy to chsnge if I find it crap on three but idmobile is really crap. Today I'm getting 2g again in a place I use to get 3g and 4g with idmobile
    Unreal .it's hit and miss with them

On 30 day contract easy to chsnge if I find it crap on three but idmobile is really crap. Today I'm getting 2g again in a place I use to get 3g and 4g with idmobile

My speeds are just all over the place, earlier I couldn't load this thread, then about a minute later I ran a speed test and I was getting 30Mbps down.

My speeds are just all over the place, earlier I couldn't load this thread, then about a minute later I ran a speed test and I was getting 30Mbps down.
    Today I'm getting 1 to 1.6 mb down and 0.14 to 0.29 mb up . Dialup speeds

Today I'm getting 1 to 1.6 mb down and 0.14 to 0.29 mb up . Dialup speeds

Haha ... Are you sure you remember dial-up? ;-) It was 0.056 Mbps download :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Bob24 wrote: »

I found Three crap when I tried them in 2010 and left after a month. But I returned a bit before they acquired O2 as no one else was offering the data plan I wanted and it's ok. They definitly have 4G in town btw, but coverage inside buildings seems to be a hit and miss.

I work in town and have a habit of catching up with some TV at lunch time almost everyday and nowadays this always works perfectly (it was not the case 2 years ago). I also regularly stream videos on the bus from town down the N11 and it works pretty well except sometimes around Donnybrook.

Again, it's not the best network for pure data speeds, but it definitly is more reliable that how iD is described in this thread. In my view light users should go to Vodafone and enjoy faster speeds, but for heavy users (10GB+) Vodafone or even to some extend Meteor don't have any decent plan.

I found that it got worse after they took over O2 I was pushed onto EDGE more than ever before. Streaming for me wouldn't work in my area at peak times so I gave up trying speeds went as low as 0.30Mb/s in the evening at night past 12AM I'd get 15Mb/s . When it worked it was decent and the unlimited data means I didn't have to worry about data limits which was good too :)

I was trying to stick it out with them until they got 4G in my area they never did so I gave up and went to Vodafone who are the only carrier in my area with 4G service although the data was limited to 5GB a month I was on wifi 90% of the time so the limit never bothered me whenever I had to use my mobile data it was great even 3G was always above 10Mb/s.

Some areas with Three are actually decent mine was just really bad I guess it's all down to where people live trying to use their service

• Advertisement

Some areas with Three are actually decent mine was just really bad I guess it's all down to where people live trying to use their service

Yes that is the difference with iD. ID's issues will affect everyone as they are due to their national infrastructure, whereas Three's issues will only affect some users as they are due to local infrastructure (and to be fair while Three probably has more of them that Meteor, which itself has more than Vodafone, but all networks tend to have issues in specific areas).

Advertisement