Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

bugfreebob wrote: »
    You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

ID runs on the dysfunctional Three excuse-of-a-network with all the same problems that Three is having plus the additional ones due to the amateur nature of ID's front-of-house processes and billing.

If you want a functional network you need to avoid all the Three re-sellers and move to Eir/Meteor or Vodafone.

Considered a move to Virgin. Do they have an exclusive network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

malcy wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They are also using Three, however they are using the old O2 masts, hence no 4G.

Plus their customer service is bad, no strike that the worst.

Signal seemed fixed for a few days but its been hit and miss the past 2 days. Could barely get through a youtube video all day.

Anyone else still having problems. There's been times I couldn't even get a connection.

Yeah same here, it's back to crawling and more importantly SMS are now again severely delayed which is nightmare if you bank still wants SMS authentication instead of having an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Would eir be a better network than iD in terms of coverage and stability? Their 20p/m business plan looks great.

• Advertisement

Would eir be a better network than iD in terms of coverage and stability? Their 20p/m business plan looks great.

Eir mobile and Meteor are on the same network, theirs so you don't have to deal with any 3rd party issues.

I was with Meteor for a time and always had excellent coverage in Dublin/North County Dublin with good 4G but others have different opinions, check the Ask Meteor Thread before buying.

They are also using Three, however they are using the old O2 masts, hence no 4G.

Plus their customer service is bad, no strike that the worst.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone else have no data at the moment?

FrostyJim wrote: »

I'm seeing H+ but I can't get data to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

FrostyJim wrote: »

I'm seeing H+ but I can't get data to work.
    I'm same after 9.30 pm no data . Getting tired of this .

• Advertisement

I'm same after 9.30 pm no data . Getting tired of this .

+1

Had no data from around 3pm yesterday. Only now got it to work. I emailed them about another issue a week ago and still no response. Think this is the final nail in the coffin for me from this piss poor excuse of a network. Anyone recommend 3 with their unlimited data for €20 p/m?

My data also came back this morning but it's crawling despite having good enough network coverage.

Mine came back this morning too it's slow. I was with Vodafone for 17years and no problem like this except there night Price plans.
    I'm with idmobile under 3 months and data down 3 bloody times. If they keep this up I contact comreg and get out of cotract and move because I'm not putting up with this crap I'm paying for

Had chat with idmobile .they said there's no guarantee won't happen.i said you could warn people through social media instead of people telling idmobile.
    I said if it happens too many more times I'm gone from idmobile

Last night I had to find a free Wi-Fi spot to send reports to work before I headed home. That's very sad when I paying for it and can just go anytime.
    It's just happens too much.3 times in less that 3months . Never had this bad with network before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Anyone recommend 3 with their unlimited data for €20 p/m?

I went back to a monthly bill-pay plan on Three after giving up on iD Mobile (details earlier in this thread), and no complaints so far - 4G available with no noticeable issues of speed and availability (Dublin 2,4,6 & Dun Laoghaire).

Great to have Hullomail back working again and, for the first time, I can stream music and watch a few videos without having to worry about data limits (I've used ~1GB this month, but my online account allowance says that I have 2,095,172MB/2,046GB remaining).

Type 17 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend 3 with their unlimited data for 20 p/m?

I went back to a monthly bill-pay plan on Three after giving up on iD Mobile (details earlier in this thread), and no complaints so far - 4G available with no noticeable issues of speed and availability (Dublin 2,4,6 & Dun Laoghaire).

Great to have Hullomail back working again and, for the first time, I can stream music and watch a few videos without having to worry about data limits (I've used ~1GB this month, but my online account allowance says that I have 2,095,172MB/2,046GB remaining).
    Idmobile were saying the issues they having is because of three mobile ? So are you saying you don't have these data download times with three mobile

Idmobile were saying the issues they having is because of three mobile ? So are you saying you don't have these data download times with three mobile

Well, I didn't have any trouble with data yesterday, and I wasn't in wifi until around 6:30pm.
    I'll keep an eye on things if iD users post when they're having issues in the future.

Type 17 wrote: »

Well, I didn't have any trouble with data yesterday, and I wasn't in wifi until around 6:30pm.
    I'll keep an eye on things if iD users post when they're having issues in the future.
    I'm post when data down with idmobile and if you could let us know if you have with three mobile if you could please .Cheers

I'm post when data down with idmobile and if you could let us know if you have with three mobile if you could please .Cheers

Will do.

• Advertisement

Wonder was tesco and lycomobile and 48 have data issues yesterday same as idmobile

Like to find out if idmobile is talking crap or not and saying goes it three mobile

Like to find out if idmobile is talking crap or not and saying goes it three mobile

Their customer service is atrocious. They more or less admit that themselves on the phone and just tell you to email them directly at customer.direct@idmobile.ie

Expect any reply to take at least 2 weeks though and obly then to get that reply kick up a stink on Twitter for a speedy response.

Defo moving to 3 now.

Their customer service is atrocious. They more or less admit that themselves on the phone and just tell you to email them directly at customer.direct@idmobile.ie

Expect any reply to take at least 2 weeks though and obly then to get that reply kick up a stink on Twitter for a speedy response.

Defo moving to 3 now.
    I'm in contract with idmobile so I have to wait

Ah ok. There must be a get out clause if you are not happy with the service though? Record all the instances you can't connect etc and show them.

Ah ok. There must be a get out clause if you are not happy with the service though? Record all the instances you can't connect etc and show them.
    I'm told idmobile if any of this no data or services then im contacting comreg and go with different provider

This morning I'm having data (crawling) and on places where I usually get LTE (4G), I'm now only getting E (Edge).

This morning I'm having data (crawling) and on places where I usually get LTE (4G), I'm now only getting E (Edge).

My data returned to normal yesterday morning but all these disruptions are getting a bit too frequent now.

It's happening to often with idmobile and then to give crap excuses . I told
    d them any more data outages and I be gone .up to them . Got feeling the didn't care so till next outage of data or anything

• Advertisement

Have to say my Internet with idmobile is crap .I'm getting either h+ if I'm lucky but we're I use to get h+ I now get E . That's not Internet. It's a joke

Advertisement