Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I think it's still slow again today. anyone else?

Yeah some pages are failing to load for me. I done two speed tests, first one was fine. Second one my upload speed was about 0.3 with 4g showing on my screen. Was told on chat last night to switch to 3g in the meantime. That seemed every bit as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I think it's still slow again today. anyone else?

Very intermittent here in North Roscommon, have a mast banging full 4G signal to my hotspot dongle just couple hundred metres away, and latest speedtest using 3 dublin server is Ping 50ms, d/l 5.72 Mbps and upload of 12.85 Mbps !

Last week was 23.4 Mbps download and all I get from ID is we got technicians working on it

So glad it only a 30 day contract might be migrating to 3 after just switching from Tesco cuz they aint got 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This morning I am still having major problems with 4G, slow speeds, long ping times and most pages/apps won't work because they can't connect to the servers.

And here today's excuse via chat:
    We are working on getting this services back to normal as quickly as possible. In the meantime we would advise to pop into your network settings and switch off the option for 4G or LTE as this is more than likely slowing your service down even more.

There are current updates being done to masts at the moment that have resulted in this issue but we are working on getting this resolved.

As if we don't know what the updates are. If ID is not able to manage their suppliers (Three) than I might was well port out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I had switched to HSDPA on Sunday for that precise reason but there was no noticeable improvement. I'll try again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Incredibly slow in Cork past few days as well. Hope they fix it soon because they are still only giving 19.5gb a month instead of 20 and have repeatedly ignored my complaints about fixing that issue as well.

• Advertisement

They used to be good but in the last couple of weeks they are not really living up to their initial great experience.

Severe problems with the internet quality since Sunday morning.

Still no word on the new roaming charges as of 30 April.

Bills still not reliable issued and direct debit dates change from month to month.

Customer services repeating the "we are working on it line" without being interested in a resolution.

For me I'm near to go somewhere else, I liked them and that they had quality CS but these days it's not good anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still having problems here in Dublin. Speed is all over the place. Considering their network is effectively broken you would think they would at least text their customers to apologise and tell people what's going on even if it is only a vague explanation.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Still having problems here in Dublin. Speed is all over the place. Considering their network is effectively broken you would think they would at least text their customers to apologise and tell people what's going on even if it is only a vague explanation.

Agree completely that they should have sent a text to let customers now. Unfortunately that would mean no one ringing their customer service number and losing them money in the process.

Think I will be heading elsewhere shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Had no noticeable issues in the CC today.

They seam to make progress.

City Center was okay for me with LTE and 18 Mbps down but only 0.04 Mbps up with still long delays.

North County Dublin continue to be bad, where I used to get LTE or minimum H+, I'm now only getting E with speeds that are making Dial-Up look fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Data non existent here in Cork past few days. Despite 4G+ signal. Will be moving to another network shortly methinks. They have great large data plans and good prices but the network is completely unstable and coverage unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it possible to leave a contract if you just aren't getting any data speeds in the city centre?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it possible to leave a contract if you just aren't getting any data speeds in the city centre?

Cancel the direct debit and let them know why. No point paying for a service you're not getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can they not just come after you then? Should i take screen shots of speed test then?

Cancel the direct debit and let them know why. No point paying for a service you're not getting.

You will still be liable for the bill, simply canceling the direct debit and telling them that one is unhappy is not taking away the responsibility of paying the bill.
    gufc21 wrote: »

You need to log a formal complaint with them (or as they call it Escalation Process) which you can do over the phone or via e-mail to customer.direct@idmobile.ie .

Document your issue, tell them you expectation of a credit or refund and that if they don't agree that you will go to ComReg and take other measurements.

If they don't give you the credit, you can use the new EU mandated online resolution Process in which they partake which is an on-line mediation which might be cheaper/faster than you trying to get your money via the small claims court.

Document the issue is the main part. I had this issue years ago with Three and thanks to my documentation I won at the Small Claims Court my money for several month back.

You will still be liable for the bill, simply canceling the direct debit and telling them that one is unhappy is not taking away the responsibility of paying the bill.

You need to log a formal complaint with them (or as they call it Escalation Process) which you can do over the phone or via e-mail to customer.direct@idmobile.ie .

Document your issue, tell them you expectation of a credit or refund and that if they don't agree that you will go to ComReg and take other measurements.

If they don't give you the credit, you can use the new EU mandated online resolution Process in which they partake which is an on-line mediation which might be cheaper/faster than you trying to get your money via the small claims court.

Document the issue is the main part. I had this issue years ago with Three and thanks to my documentation I won at the Small Claims Court my money for several month back.

Good luck getting a reply from them or even a resolution. I have filed many complaints to them about service issues and network issues and have never heard back, despite promised callbacks.

Good luck getting a reply from them or even a resolution. I have filed many complaints to them about service issues and network issues and have never heard back, despite promised callbacks.

Well now that Comreg seams to start doing their job, maybe it's time to get them involved or do an online dispute resolution process which is free.

They just published their new EU roaming rates and while the offer is not as nice as eir/meteor/vodafone, it's not too bad giving that they only charge the roaming adders and allow the full bundle usage for voice/text/data for both prepaid and postpay customers.

Unlike some other providers out there which raised rates, implemented strange fair usage rates or even are publishing pay as you go rates which are in breach of regulation.

what's the max charge iD can charge for data roaming per day? I'm on a 20gb plan here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

what's the max charge iD can charge for data roaming per day? I'm on a 20gb plan here.

It's 5c a MB and no daily limit that I know of.

• Advertisement

According to their current info you can use all of your available bundle in the EU with each MB being charged €0.0615 roaming fee.

No daily cap as such.

If you roam regularly in the EU you might want to consider meteor as they have really free voice/sms roaming and give you 1 GB data roaming a month for free while ID will charge you for voice/sms/data always.

is there not a cap?

From the EU regulators site: From 30 April 2016 onwards, the roaming fee equal to domestic price + €0.05 may not exceed €0.19 for voice and €0.20 for data. The roaming fee equal to domestic price + €0.02 may not exceed €0.06 for SMS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

is there not a cap?

From the EU regulators site: From 30 April 2016 onwards, the roaming fee equal to domestic price + €0.05 may not exceed €0.19 for voice and €0.20 for data. The roaming fee equal to domestic price + €0.02 may not exceed €0.06 for SMS.

Those caps are per minute/SMS/MB. So, if your domestic rate is 17c per MB you can't charge any more than 20c per MB.

is there not a cap?

That is a pricing cap per unit (minutes/text/data) they can charge that per unit.

ID allows you to use your inclusive bundle units in the EU and only charges the roaming fee, so there is no cap per unit because it's only the roaming fee.

Making a 1 minute call to Ireland/EU will cost you 1 unit from your allowance plus €0.0615.

Sending a text to Ireland/EU will cost you 1 unit from your allowance plus €0.0246 .

Using 1 MB of data traffic will cost you 1 MB from your allowance plus €0.0615.

If you don't have any allowance available anymore, than they will charge you €0.2337 per minute, €0.0738 per SMS and €0.0717 per MB.

Those out of allowance rates for voice/sms are also the maximum they can charge under the rules, data is way cheaper.

Note that the EU webpage prices are without 23% VAT.

Thanks guys. Not too bad.

Bring on June 2017 for free roaming!

Thanks guys. Not too bad.

Bring on June 2017 for free roaming!

True that.

It's not as good as other providers (like Eir/Meteor/Vodafone) have, but it's not a bad solution giving the price level they have for their base product.

Also this for Pay As You Go too, if you look at the discussion about Tesco Mobile where they are having higher rates and claim they are allowed to have those, ID for once has a better product on Pay As You Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Signal seemed fixed for a few days but its been hit and miss the past 2 days. Could barely get through a youtube video all day.

Anyone else still having problems. There's been times I couldn't even get a connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

malcy wrote: »
    Signal seemed fixed for a few days but its been hit and miss the past 2 days. Could barely get through a youtube video all day.

Anyone else still having problems. There's been times I couldn't even get a connection.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

ID runs on the dysfunctional Three excuse-of-a-network with all the same problems that Three is having plus the additional ones due to the amateur nature of ID's front-of-house processes and billing.

If you want a functional network you need to avoid all the Three re-sellers and move to Eir/Meteor or Vodafone.

Advertisement