Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can anyone point out to me where it says about pro rats in the first month in terms and conditions- I can't see it.

We hit 49gb, the app says we have 10gb left but got a text to say we will be getting a bill of an extra €75 for over usage.

When I called, the man said it was in the terms and conditions. I told him at the point of sale it wasn't mentioned, it wasn't on the contract my oh signed. He said it was available on line on the terms and conditions. To which i said, there is no reference of further terms and conditions on the contract she signed, nor did the salesperson say to check online for further T&Cs no did she mention that we would have less data the first month.

(Reason for such high usage this month was out sky was broken so we used net flicks but were checking the app regularly so as not to go over the 60gb)

Thanks in advance.
    It is there. Point 10.

Press the + to expand the section if on mobile.
    http://www.idmobile.ie/terms-and-conditions

Website is horrible but it is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Looks like they took away their Half Price contract offer on their website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i took up the 14.50 a month contract for six months with ID.im on it two months at this stage and while everything else is fine its coverage is a joke and not in the way you might think.
    if i go out of coverage it goes to roaming(which your not charged for)but if you have been on 4g, it stops and when you go back into coverage you have to go into your settings, network operators, search for network,wait for it to find it,all just to get back on 4g again.......EVERYTIME! because it stays on roaming if you dont.
    this has been a right pain in the ass,i called them about it and they said its something there looking at fixing in the future,its apparently because they piggy back on the three network.
    well im finishing this contract and im leaving them.id rather have no 4g than put up with this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i took up the 14.50 a month contract for six months with ID.im on it two months at this stage and while everything else is fine its coverage is a joke and not in the way you might think.
    if i go out of coverage it goes to roaming(which your not charged for)but if you have been on 4g, it stops and when you go back into coverage you have to go into your settings, network operators, search for network,wait for it to find it,all just to get back on 4g again.......EVERYTIME! because it stays on roaming if you dont.
    this has been a right pain in the ass,i called them about it and they said its something there looking at fixing in the future,its apparently because they piggy back on the three network.
    well im finishing this contract and im leaving them.id rather have no 4g than put up with this rubbish.

Something like that used to happen to me with Three and I think the main cause was because they were piggybacking from O2. That happened less and less up until the eventual O2 takeover.

Sounds like a right pain in the bum. I used to turn my phone off and on again for internet coverage but I can't remember having to do that lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Did you see my post above. I'm having same issue. Customer service agents are telling me it's the same for everyone and that's how the service works and won't change. Management are saying they aren't aware of it and that the network team are denying it. They told me that they don't see it as a priority because they aren't getting enough calls about it. I think it's just a case of people not understanding why they are having a problem. Try calling them and at least log the fault so they have more examples.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    Did you see my post above. I'm having same issue. Customer service agents are telling me it's the same for everyone and that's how the service works and won't change. Management are saying they aren't aware of it and that the network team are denying it. They told me that they don't see it as a priority because they aren't getting enough calls about it. I think it's just a case of people not understanding why they are having a problem. Try calling them and at least log the fault so they have more examples.

i didnt see your post no sorry.and i will log a call tomorrow.does this happen on other networks?i never had this problem on tesco mobile although they dont have 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

does this happen on other networks?i never had this problem on tesco mobile although they dont have 4g.

It's a consistent issue on Three's network which is what ID uses. Never seems to happen on Meteor or Vodafone, on their network you don't have to manual search each time, signal is stable.

I don't know of any proper network who would say that it's supposed to work that way. Sounds like they're fed up of hearing it and just fobbing it off. Keep on to them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

With iD now since Christmas. Still no MMS ability from or to numbers oitside the network and still sporadic problems recieving texts also from outside the network. Does this constitute a breech of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Went to UK/France/Belgium last week for a business trip, iD phone wouldn't connect to any Belgian network (all visible in a search, but "No Service"), worked fine in UK and France. Spoke to (helpful and friendly) iD Cust Care on a colleague's phone, but they couldn't fix it. On my return to Irl, there was a new SIM waiting to be swapped, but they couldn't do it, for some technical reason at their end.

On top of the lack of diverts to non-iD voicemail numbers, the lack of many Irish 5xxxx shortcodes, this was the last straw, so I'm back on 3 - on a monthly contract though, so I might be back if they sort (a lot of) things out...

Type 17 wrote: »
    Went to UK/France/Belgium last week for a business trip, iD phone wouldn't connect to any Belgian network (all visible in a search, but "No Service"), worked fine in UK and France. Spoke to (helpful and friendly) iD Cust Care on a colleague's phone, but they couldn't fix it. On my return to Irl, there was a new SIM waiting to be swapped, but they couldn't do it, for some technical reason at their end.

On top of the lack of diverts to non-iD voicemail numbers, the lack of many Irish 5xxxx shortcodes, this was the last straw, so I'm back on 3 - on a monthly contract though, so I might be back if they sort (a lot of) things out...

Do they have any data roaming deals? Didn't see any on their site last time I checked.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Do they have any data roaming deals? Didn't see any on their site last time I checked.

I didn't see any either, but I was staying within the EU, and I knew the charges were capped at a certain amount, so it wouldn't be too expensive.
    Ironically, the majority of the trip was spent in Belgium, so I spent even less than I had expected :pac:

I didn't see any either, but I was staying within the EU, and I knew the charges were capped at a certain amount, so it wouldn't be too expensive.
    Ironically, the majority of the trip was spent in Belgium, so I spent even less than I had expected :pac:

Interesting. Must find out what the cap is.

Interesting. Must find out what the cap is.

I meant the per/min & per/MB charges are capped by the EU - you can still rack up a huge bill with heavy usage, but it will accumulate at a slower rate than a few years ago.

I meant the per/min & per/MB charges are capped by the EU - you can still rack up a huge bill with heavy usage, but it will accumulate at a slower rate than a few years ago.

Oh right, yeah I heard about that but as far as I know its still fairly expensive, wouldn't want to be using it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Oh right, yeah I heard about that but as far as I know its still fairly expensive, wouldn't want to be using it too much.

Be very very careful if roaming on Three. They charge a standard rate of €250 per GB! (25c per MB). Meteor or Eir will give you 1GB for €15 over 30 days roaming throughout EU. They also have a day rate of 99c per day (inc 50MB) which is useful for short trips. Madness to risk Three unless you leave data turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

And Vodafone give you all your calls and texts like home and 200MB of data to use a day for €2.99 a day and you only get charged on the days you use it, this is for Europe and the USA and Canada in the UK It's €1.99 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,136 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Be very very careful if roaming on Three. They charge a standard rate of €250 per GB! (25c per MB). Meteor or Eir will give you 1GB for €15 over 30 days roaming throughout EU. They also have a day rate of 99c per day (inc 50MB) which is useful for short trips. Madness to risk Three unless you leave data turned off.

That's unfair, I find Three like Home roaming alot better than competitors roaming offers. Nothing like unlimited data abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Carnacalla wrote: »
    That's unfair, I find Three like Home roaming alot better than competitors roaming offers. Nothing like unlimited data abroad.

Type 17 was complaining about roaming mainly in Belgium and also France - neither of which have Three networks, so Three like home would have been irrelevant except when he was in UK. Other destinations popular with Irish roamers - Spain, Germany etc also have no Three networks.

Even if you are roaming in one of the 5 countries in the EU that have Three, then Three like home only works when you stay on the Three network. In most countries, Three has the worst coverage of all networks - so you frequently can roam onto another network and be charged the €250/GB rate. Three usually has national roaming on a better network for their own customers in each country, so only foreign roamers will face the worst coverage issues. You need to install an Android app to force the phone to stay on Three, and put up with no service when out of their coverage. (Not sure if there is an iPhone equivalent). Totally over-rated service in my view - and it tricks most users into a false sense of security that they are not going to get a a big bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Type 17 was complaining about roaming mainly in Belgium and also France - neither of which have Three networks, so Three like home would have been irrelevant except when he was in UK. Other destinations popular with Irish roamers - Spain, Germany etc also have no Three networks.

Even if you are roaming in one of the 5 countries in the EU that have Three, then Three like home only works when you stay on the Three network. In most countries, Three has the worst coverage of all networks - so you frequently can roam onto another network and be charged the €250/GB rate. Three usually has national roaming on a better network for their own customers in each country, so only foreign roamers will face the worst coverage issues. You need to install an Android app to force the phone to stay on Three, and put up with no service when out of their coverage. (Not sure if there is an iPhone equivalent). Totally over-rated service in my view - and it tricks most users into a false sense of security that they are not going to get a a big bill.

I've used Three like home in the UK a few times - found it quite alright to be honest. Coverage/speed was not perfect but definitly acceptable for non-critical use, and I didn't have any issue with my phone roaming to another network. Having unlimited data while roaming is a very nice luxury.

Now, the rates outside of the Three like home countries is crap and I wouldn't really use it indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Bill was supposed to come out the bank today but didn't. Rarely seems to come out when they say it will.

I notice as well that you can only have a minimum of 100 mins p/m. I'm sure there was an option for 50 when I joined. I went to change my plan and couldn't. I rarely use the 100 so it would have been nice to shave a couple of quid off my bill.

Site still says 20,00MB as well. Don't seem to be doing anything about it either.

• Advertisement

Anyone having data problems in Dublin today? Seem to have 4g signal but pages are hanging/ slow to load. Speedtest is stuck at the pinging stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Anyone having data problems in Dublin today? Seem to have 4g signal but pages are hanging/ slow to load. Speedtest is stuck at the pinging stage.

Same here, very slow for surfing/downloads with loads of "you are not connected to the internet in apps" and timeouts.

Speedtests show 346ms delays and rates are very low with 0.02 Mbps.

Happening at different locations throughout Dublin and North County Dublin.

And here is what idmobile just said to me in a chat:
    Hi we are currently experiencing issues with signal speeds due to maintenance that was preformed on masts last week. This is currently being investigated and we hope to have it resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Had awful trouble yesterday in and around Croker. Same in the CC today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thomasoreilly

Same here, very slow for surfing/downloads with loads of "you are not connected to the internet in apps" and timeouts.

Speedtests show 346ms delays and rates are very low with 0.02 Mbps.

Happening at different locations throughout Dublin and North County Dublin.

And here is what idmobile just said to me in a chat:

Yep been having awful issues with 3G/4G in and around City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I speculate that this has to do with Three having closed some of the old O2 masts and moved ex-O2 customers onto their own 4G masts which results in those mast now getting hammered. Ex-O2 customers who did not have 4G now have 4G according to reports online.

So it might not be IDMobile but rather Three that is creating the issue here which explains the "issues with signal speeds due to maintenance that was preformed on masts last week." line that Customer Service is giving because this happened last week.

I mean if O2 (and all their piggies like Tesco, Blueface, Lyca) come onto the Three masts, there is bound to be a major issue coming.

I speculate that this has to do with Three having closed some of the old O2 masts and moved ex-O2 customers onto their own 4G masts which results in those mast now getting hammered. Ex-O2 customers who did not have 4G now have 4G according to reports online.

So it might not be IDMobile but rather Three that is creating the issue here which explains the "issues with signal speeds due to maintenance that was preformed on masts last week." line that Customer Service is giving because this happened last week.

I mean if O2 (and all their piggies like Tesco, Blueface, Lyca) come onto the Three masts, there is bound to be a major issue coming.
    Well it went from excellent speeds up to now to today where speeds are all over the place making it unusable. I'll give them a chance to sort it out, I don't think they could plan on leaving things the way they are. They wouldn't have a customer left in a months time if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Seems talking to idmobile today there's issues with old 02 network they in middle of merging and upgrades and shutting down some masts that they don't need. Since last week even before I have had g4 even g3 broadband issues.not g4 or 3g .couldn't even go on idmobile site to check account .was so bad weekend I had to find WiFi just to check e. Mails . It's getting ridiculous
    They said it be fixed in 24 hours !!!????
    I believe when I see it. I just moved to them in March and was good but this is the worst service I have ever had. They better sort soon other wise I be canceling with them and going back to old provider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

the worst service I have ever had.

Welcome to the 3 network!

Seems talking to idmobile today there's issues with old 02 network they in middle of merging and upgrades and shutting down some masts that they don't need. Since last week even before I have had g4 even g3 broadband issues.not g4 or 3g .couldn't even go on idmobile site to check account .was so bad weekend I had to find WiFi just to check e. Mails . It's getting ridiculous
    They said it be fixed in 24 hours !!!????
    I believe when I see it. I just moved to them in March and was good but this is the worst service I have ever had. They better sort soon other wise I be canceling with them and going back to old provider

Already 1 iD thread here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057468325/65/#post99513997

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days but if its not back in a week or two it'll be bye bye iD.

• Advertisement

I think it's still slow again today. anyone else?

Advertisement