Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

They're showing the first ep on 3e right now and it's called 'Conor McGregor's Ultimate fighter'.

Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Easy Rod wrote: »
    They're showing the first ep on 3e right now and it's called 'Conor McGregor's Ultimate fighter'.

Ffs.

Bwahahahaha that's brilliant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

3e - the home of all things Conor McGregor!

(Except his fights, we can't afford those) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ffs.

To be fair it's smart as it will most likely encourage more viewers. To the average person "The Ultimate Fighter" could be anything. Just a smart business move if anything imo. Still funny though :P

Artem back in as well as the guy who lost to Hall surprisingly enough

• Advertisement

Hall does it again. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Hall does it again. Unbelievable.

It actually quite believable :P

Mellor wrote: »
    It actually quite believable :P

Touché :P College back next week so I won't be staying up until this hour for TUF anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Man Hall is awesome. really like his attitude too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hall is going to be a hard guy to beat. You don't see many heel hooks in the UFC, pleasure to watch his ground game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Spoilers lads!

Lol jk, sure we all know his game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That 50-50 position Hall does reminds me of in the old fighting or wrestling computer games, where you'd have a cheap move to use if your opponent started getting ahead, but it's sort of unfair to use as it's nearly always a win with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hall seems like a good guy too, hard to dislike him.

That heel hook is nasty, guys actively training against his position and still getting caught. Hope he goes far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hall is special, though Slioa did himself no favours as he had an opportunity to get back to his feet when Hall initially transitioned. It was probably just a matter of time before Hall got it anyway I suppose. He'll be hard to stop.

Some great banter between McGregor and Faber again. I really like the dynamic between them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Hall has a mental advantage before anyone even steps in the cage with him. Every one he faces is scared stiff of getting their legs wrapped that he's forcing them to change the way the fight, in a sense. Especially when he's facing a predominately stand up fighter, they're constantly going to be worried about getting too close to him. Actually, someone like McGregor is best equipped to fight Hall...fast hands, utilizes his reach well and has that long stance with one leg much further forward to than the other. Either way, he's going to be tough to beat!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I knew it was going to be Hall because the fight didn't start in the episode until 5 minutes from the end :)

He might have won with his trademark style but hey, so does Rousey and she's the champ! It up to the others to defeat him and negate his skills, that's what the whole sport is about.
    As well as that, I think he DOES have a bunch of other things in his toolbox that we haven't seen yet. The guy is a world champion BJJ fighter, he's already won his way to the top of a combat sport so in that respect he has been here before compared to the others.

Oh and Artem's old opponent didn't seem particularly happy to see him back eh?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Whatever about Artem getting in, but Nunez getting back in is actually a bit of a joke really. There were far more worthy fighters based on the opening fights IMO. Team Alpha Male being obsessed with wrestlers, who would have guessed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »
    Whatever about Artem getting in, but Nunez getting back in is actually a bit of a joke really. There were far more worthy fighters based on the opening fights IMO. Team Alpha Male being obsessed with wrestlers, who would have guessed?

Bringing an NCAA Division 1 wrestler back was a purely tacticalll choice by Faber. That sort of grappling game will be something the European camp will have no way of Handling. Himself and Hall will be the biggest worry for the European camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I thought that ginger guy Welch I think was far more deserving then Nunez, he was well on top in his fight but got crumpled by a monster shot to the liver.

I was hoping Hall would win, he seems like a really sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just seen this on tv3 on demand its now called "conor McGregors ultimate fighter "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's a joy to watch Ryan Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just seen this on tv3 on demand its now called "conor McGregors ultimate fighter "

posted above lad :)

Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Can anyone tell me where I can catch this. Could've sworn there is an ep one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

14murphy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can catch this. Could've sworn there is an ep one tonight.

If someone could pm an online link please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

It's on 3 player on sky assume it on 3player online too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jesus who'd of thought a few years ago that we'd see an Irish coaching staff on the ultimate fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Jesus who'd of thought a few years ago that we'd see an Irish coaching staff on the ultimate fighter.

So true, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that one day there might be an All Ireland TUF with Conor and Joe... crazy sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DeVore wrote: »
    As well as that, I think he DOES have a bunch of other things in his toolbox that we haven't seen yet. The guy is a world champion BJJ fighter, he's already won his way to the top of a combat sport so in that respect he has been here before compared to the others.

His game was hugely developed around the 50/50 though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bringing Artem back was a load of bollix. There was so many better fighters to choose from.

I agree his entrance fight should have gone to a 3rd but it wasn't an exciting fight, he wasn't technical, there was no finesse - just plodding forward and trading shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bringing Artem back was a load of bollix. There was so many better fighters to choose from.

I agree his entrance fight should have gone to a 3rd but it wasn't an exciting fight, he wasn't technical, there was no finesse - just plodding forward and trading shots.

I taught it was fair enough, he's quite clearly what dana wants especially with the whole 9 fights and one will miss out if it's not an exciting victory, both picks were biased though. There was no way the American was deserving of getting back in based on what we seen it was because of his background. Who would you have had ahead of Artem anyway?

Advertisement