Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

rusty cole wrote: »
    I will watch this tonight, have not watched TUF since season 6.
    I saw a 3 min clip of faber and conor getting at each other with white in between.

if anyone saw this clip or didn't see it. go to the UFC website and click videos and watch it, maybe it's just me. near the end, conor asks faber to make an outside personal wager as to who would win in a fight, it's all a bit childish but ignore that and just really watch DANA Whites face and body language. you can see him pissed off big time with McGregor.. look at him tuning out staring into the air as if to say, "is this guy trying to make fights or promote something while on air." WTF>> he's vastly becoming too much here I think.

But he wasn't really on air though was he? Its not live. If Dana was not happy about something it would be edited out.

Besides, from what I saw of it I thought Dana found it quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I've got Fight Pass but I believe TUF doesn't show on that for a few weeks right?

When else would it become available online, having trouble finding it...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,037 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rusty cole wrote: »
    just really watch DANA Whites face and body language. you can see him pissed off big time with McGregor.. look at him tuning out staring into the air as if to say, "is this guy trying to make fights or promote something while on air." WTF>> he's vastly becoming too much here I think.
    I think it's just you.
    As pointed out above, it's not on air. The UFC has control of what goes out, if it's in an episode, there's no way Dana isn't happy with it being included.
    Naos wrote: »
    I've got Fight Pass but I believe TUF doesn't show on that for a few weeks right?

When else would it become available online, having trouble finding it...
    Prob won't appear on fight pass until it airs in all markets. Which will be a few weeks at least, it's not on for two weeks in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,037 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

John_D80 wrote: »
    And oh my god, the only thing more impressive than 'THAT' heel hook, was the setup for that heel hook. Unbeleivable. Didn't spoiler tag that as I'm not mentioning names.
    I have seen it yet so I'm guessing, but I don't think you need to mention the name.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I wanted Artem to win but honestly he didn't impress :( ... it should have gone to a third round but in a sense, it shouldn't because Artem should have put the competition away in the second. His opponent had some *horrible* holes in his defence, things that Conor picked up on immediately (he leaned in when defending, turtled up and left his left side exposed...).
    It was frustrating to see Artem do "Pendred++" on it and just try to walk forward slugging away. No head movement, little footwork, low sloppy hands, few combinations ... I'm frustrated because I wanted to see him win but what he showed was pretty much journeyman stuff. :(
    He has heart and a chin for sure, like Cathal in fact, but he needs more than some sloppy haymakers to win at this level.

I presume Conor will choose Artem for the wildcard, which actually feels kinda unfair if it happens because I don't think he was the best guy who was eliminated, but on the other hand maybe we get a chance to see a different Artem and a second shot for him so yeah, I guess part of me wants that to happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

That episode alone was better than the whole last season. Some great fights, and a lot of good finishes. Hopefully it'll keep up.
    As for Artem, it should have went to a third imo. In saying that, the other guy was there for the taking. If he had just picked his shots rather than swinging for the rafters he would have finished him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Did artem win lads i will only be watching on setanta tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

No he lost by UD...just finished watching it there...I've no idea how there wasn't a 3rd round. Great episode, great fights (Ryan hall is unreal, nobody will want to grapple with him), the last round of the last fight was insane!! and good banter. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

On a side note...when was this filmed?? Stitch was doing cutman?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Conor is back in Ireland too... so is filming over??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Foxtrol wrote: »
    For those that don't watch the preview of the next episode
    Looks like he'll get in the back door by allowing 1 fighter to come back who was knocked out. Not sure how that'll work with numbers though. I'd say that was 100% something that Conor demanded to keep going with the show. The europeans are already saying how good a coach he is, definitely getting a favorable edit already.

Overall good start to the season with some decent scraps and talent. It might just be me but there seemed to be less sob stories than I remember from other seasons. Wouldn't hold my breath though, there's a long season ahead.

Re spoiler yes I saw that, but surely the other defeated fighters wouldn't be happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hope that ginger native American gets the callback for the Americans

lertsnim wrote: »
    Be awful funny if the guy who got the **** kicked out of him so badly Dana Uriah and Conor were calling for the ref to step in, got back in :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

johnpro wrote: »
    No he lost by UD...just finished watching it there...I've no idea how there wasn't a 3rd round. Great episode, great fights (Ryan hall is unreal, nobody will want to grapple with him), the last round of the last fight was insane!! and good banter. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

On a side note...when was this filmed?? Stitch was doing cutman?

I think they started filming it straight after the Mendes fight so it's all over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

lertsnim wrote: »
    Agree, he looked good. Just got caught with a perfect kick to the liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

No need for spoiler tags lads, it's in the thread title. Was impressed with Hall, Le and the American guy who looks like Jesus(can't remember his name). It's pretty obvious Conor will bring Artem back, but I don't think he deserves it. He seems a nice guy but just not UFC calibre.

Looks like it could be a very good series, probably helped by the increased coverage it's gonna get over here. I'm very surprised at how sound Uriah Faber seems. Comes across very well and he's well able to take a bit of abuse and give some back. Top bloke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Looks like it could be a very good series, probably helped by the increased coverage it's gonna get over here. I'm very surprised at how sound Uriah Faber seems. Comes across very well and he's well able to take a bit of abuse and give some back. Top bloke :)

I find most TAM guys are fine individually but become obnoxious bros when they’re put in a group together. I’d expect him to be worse when his coaches are with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can we at least use spoiler tags until it's shown at a reasonable time the next day here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can we at least use spoiler tags until it's shown at a reasonable time the next day here?

How about not coming in here till you've watched it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

conor to faber: we should give you a card and you can get up there and wiggle that chin.... what a line ha

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Lots of impressive stuff on show, most noticeably Dulce Gonzalez.
    Should be some good scraps this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

What a joke. Artem without doubt won the first. I thought when they didn't bring it to a 3rd meant he had it in the bag

Just watched it. 100% agree.
    Just noticed Stitch working a corner and thought he was gone before filming started. Must have been chopped very early into it.
    Overall great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Just watched it. 100% agree.
    Just noticed Stitch working a corner and thought he was gone before filming started. Must have been chopped very early into it.
    Overall great episode.

He was let go about a week after 189 which fits the timeline of making the fights to get into the house that happened quite quickly after 189.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Some seriously great opening fights this time around.

Haven't watched TUF in years due to over-saturation of it but looking like some great fighters this time around.

Was almost uncomfortable watching Gruetzemacher absolute dismantle Springer. Looked like pro v amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Faber's always been cool, funny fella. Don't be fooled, people just threw their toys out the pram and sided with Conor after 'toiletgate'!

I also figured that Artem had won when they said it wasn't going to a third, I'm not entirely sure how that could happen since he pretty clearly won the first imho. Could they have scored the first as a draw? Is that even possible?

Everything else having been said, I think Artem did us proud in terms of representing the country. Seems like a nice guy and was gracious in the face of a dodgy judges decision. Lets hope things pick up for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Do the 8 winners only continue in the competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Have to admit Faber winding Connor is about his head is quite funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Fights were better than expected!

Advertisement