Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Artem gets his shot, hope he does well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I know that you can take some lower ranked fighters records with a large grain of salt but there's some pretty impressive records there, for a TUF anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Artems an absolute gent I'm delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    I know that you can take some lower ranked fighters records with a large grain of salt but there's some pretty impressive records there, for a TUF anyway
    Definitely a strong line up.
    Paully D wrote: »
    United States:
    Ryan Hall (4-1) from Falls Church, VA

Ryan Hall is high level BJJ fighter crossing over to MMA.
    Bronze medal from ADCC in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Mellor wrote: »
    Definitely a strong line up.

Ryan Hall is high level BJJ fighter crossing over to MMA.
    Bronze medal from ADCC in 2009.

THIS!!!

I've been watching Ryan Hall instructional videos for years, he's an unbelievable grappler and everyone in that line up will know who he is and will probably have tried to learn from him 2. Hope he makes it into the house

Delighted for Artem also, met him a few times and he's a genuinely nice lad with some serious KO power. Hope it works out for him

• Advertisement

Rob01 wrote: »
    THIS!!!

I've been watching Ryan Hall instructional videos for years, he's an unbelievable grappler and everyone in that line up will know who he is and will probably have tried to learn from him 2. Hope he makes it into the house

Delighted for Artem also, met him a few times and he's a genuinely nice lad with some serious KO power. Hope it works out for him
    I think those guys are all confirmed to be in the house. As its USA v Europe, there's no team pucks this time.

Having Ryan Hall is like having an extra grappling coach for the Americans.
    His triangle instructional was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

I think those guys are all confirmed to be in the house. As its USA v Europe, there's no team pucks this time.

As far as I know, they all have to fight to get into the house. There's no room for 32 lads in there it would be like a Royal Rumble :D

My guess is it will be European vs European to get into the house

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ryan Hall's name rings a bell. Is he the guy that grappled some guy in a restaurant a few years back?

edit -> yep:

Rob01 wrote: »
    As far as I know, they all have to fight to get into the house. There's no room for 32 lads in there it would be like a Royal Rumble :D

My guess is it will be European vs European to get into the house
    Didn't look at it properly above. I thought I had already read that there was 16 fighters. Checked the article again and it was talking specifically about McGregors team

Yeah, euro v euro, yank v yank makes the most sense.

Here's a Ryan Hall highlight reel for those who are interested.

• Advertisement

McGregor and Faber on UFC tonight
    Faber looks a bit uncomfortable imo

http://streamable.com/dqox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

That was hilarious Faber was out of his depth there big time.

That was brilliant! High fiving Frank :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Great piece, Frank Fertitta might not be too happy with his statements on peoples pay but McGregor doesn't seem to care.

The TJ bit was good, their relationship where is it now? Is he still TAM fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Great piece, Frank Fertitta might not be too happy with his statements on peoples pay but McGregor doesn't seem to care.

The TJ bit was good, their relationship where is it now? Is he still TAM fighter?

My understanding of it is yes he is, and trains with TAM between camps/fights. But when it comes to the business of fight preparation, he's with Ludwig. A lot of TAM fighters help them out actually (sparring etc), from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

I still don't understand why McGregor is doing this and against Faber of all people whop needs the exposure a lot more than he does

I'm sure it will get great ratings but seems like a bit of a distraction for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

crybaby wrote: »
    I still don't understand why McGregor is doing this and against Faber of all people whop needs the exposure a lot more than he does

I'm sure it will get great ratings but seems like a bit of a distraction for him

giphy.gif

It's done already. The show finished and now he has 3 months to focus on his fight. The show getting great ratings in the background won't affect his training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Really looking forward to seeing how Ryan Hall does at this level in mma, he's scary good on the ground though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He committed to doing the show 6 weeks prior to the then Aldo fight. The agreement was that he'd coach against Mendes with a coaches fight at the end. When the Aldo injury happened and the changes made, he said he didn't want to do TUF as there'd be no fight at the end, but he decided to follow through on his earlier commitment and use it to help Artem out in getting his shot considering all the help Artem has given him as his main sparring partner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I am really looking forward to watching Ryan Hall fight. His jiujitsu is mesmerising.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

Thiabult Goulti and Saul Rogers are my picks from the Euro team.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Possible spoiler below re: who makes it into the house.

*** DON'T LOOK AT THE BELOW LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHO DOES/DOES NOT MAKE IT INTO THE HOUSE ***
    It looks like Artem makes it in! If you look at the below link freezed at the clip of Garbrandt squaring up to Conor, you can see that there's 8 of the European's there, with 5 or 6 clearly visible. Also a few American's clearly visible there too.

https://gyazo.com/ba4339c046dcae8ac82a8909ec2b5cb6

Paully D wrote: »
    Possible spoiler below re: who makes it into the house.

*** DON'T LOOK AT THE BELOW LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHO DOES/DOES NOT MAKE IT INTO THE HOUSE ***
    It looks like Artem makes it in! If you look at the below link freezed at the clip of Garbrandt squaring up to Conor, you can see that there's 8 of the European's there, with 5 or 6 clearly visible. Also a few American's clearly visible there too.

https://gyazo.com/ba4339c046dcae8ac82a8909ec2b5cb6

I'm mad to know what Conor said to Cody :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm mad to know what Conor said to Cody :pac:

I like cody a lot but he's such a mouth, he was bigging up that he would say something to Conor on the 189 card but then in the embedded he bottled it and shook his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

When does this start on BT?

I presumed they would be showing it this Thursday but nothing showing on the sky planner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

RoryMac wrote: »
    When does this start on BT?

I presumed they would be showing it this Thursday but nothing showing on the sky planner

Is it not set to air on Wednesday night? Sorry if I'm being stupid :/

I don't have BT or even access to BT in this stupid country so have to get it from other means

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Is it not set to air on Wednesday night? Sorry if I'm being stupid :/

I don't have BT or even access to BT in this stupid country so have to get it from other means

Not that I can see, the Ultimate Fighter in the Sky planned for Wed night is last season American Top team vs the Blackzillians. Tried a search on the Sky planner and that just shows that same episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor hardly there according to TJ
    https://youtu.be/fenNv6LdUxA

Advertisement