Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yep has happened to me on occasion, just doube tap the home button and close the app and it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Isn't that iOS 8's Reachability feature? Double tap (not press) on the home button to bring most of the screen down so you can reach it.

Just tap in the blank bit to bring it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You've reported reachability to Apple? They will get a good laugh out of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yep that's reachability. Either way you can disable it in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I never enabled it, but opps well they had a laugh I guess

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

thecivvie wrote: »
    I never enabled it, but opps well they had a laugh I guess

It's on by default

Zcott wrote: »
    Isn't that iOS 8's Reachability feature? Double tap (not press) on the home button to bring most of the screen down so you can reach it.

Just tap in the blank bit to bring it back up.

It's not reachability. Next time it happens I'll screenshot it. If I double tap it drops down further and no amount of tapping the blank area fixes it. Mostly happens with viber actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Snapchat is making my 5s run seriously hot on beta 3. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Christ my nose got the better of me.
    Is there any way to undo back to ios8?
    So many of my apps don't work and I've lost loads. Nightmare.

Also, if not, just wondering how will I download the proper iOS9 when it comes available as phone thinks I have ios9, no?

Christ my nose got the better of me.
    Is there any way to undo back to ios8?
    So many of my apps don't work and I've lost loads. Nightmare.

Also, if not, just wondering how will I download the proper iOS9 when it comes available as phone thinks I have ios9, no?

Follow this article to restore your device back to 8.4.1

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

You can download iOS 9 as normal either way. It will be an update to both Developer and public beta users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Follow this article to restore your device back to 8.4.1

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

You can download iOS 9 as normal either way. It will be an update to both Developer and public beta users.

Thanks very much!

Just after noticing that you can now swipe forward a page again in safari on an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i killed my is beta and downgraded back to iOS 8 - HD camera recordings were very very choppy which was very disappointing as was at a family wedding last weekend. videos just ok but far to much jittering on panning.

BrookieD wrote: »
    i killed my is beta and downgraded back to iOS 8 - HD camera recordings were very very choppy which was very disappointing as was at a family wedding last weekend. videos just ok but far to much jittering on panning.

I've had a similar problem to this, wasn't sure if it was the phone or the beta. I took a video a while back on one of the betas, b1 or b2, and it was very fuzzy and jumpy. It had a strange distortion, and it was the iPhone 6. I knew from before the camera was great so it wasn't like that previous. Good to know it's just the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Has anyone run into the very weird issue of sending pictures in WhatsApp it turns down the audio on your phone to mute? Its so bizarre.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem to this, wasn't sure if it was the phone or the beta. I took a video a while back on one of the betas, b1 or b2, and it was very fuzzy and jumpy. It had a strange distortion, and it was the iPhone 6. I knew from before the camera was great so it wasn't like that previous. Good to know it's just the beta.

When i installed iOS 8 it is 100% fixed so much be a bug, deaf good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Had that odd battery drain thing on my 5s after I updated to 8.4.1. Was getting about 3 hours from 100%-0%, whereas the day before I was getting a full day from the thing. Tried a few factory resets, restores, bunch of other so called solutions over the weekend. In the end what worked was resetting all the settings. It's thoroughly bizarre to me that an update that didn't change my settings required a settings reset to stop a bug. First time that's happened me with a software update.

I was at the point of thinking to update to the 9 beta. Has anyone had weird battery issues with that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

I'm on the beta a few weeks now and just re-signed up for Spotify after getting sick of Apple Music. Maybe cos it's still only beta or maybe it's a bit more sinister, but Spotify doesn't work half as well as it did on 8.x. Even just opening FB/Twitter stops playback, and trying to restart playback from pause from Command Center/headphones is very finicky now. Can't say I noticed it w/ Apple Music...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nothing sinister about it. Spotify will have to update their app for iOS 9 like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sinister? wow that's a new one. Spotify's app works terrible on iOS 9 because it's not built for it, the same way are the other kajillion apps in the app store are.

If you want your apps to work as they are intended don't run a beta OS. That goes for any platform, any hardware, any app.

• Advertisement

went ontp ios beta 3 and all good with no video issues... looks like it was a bug in ios 9 beta 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Installed a content blocker on my iPad running the beta and what a difference it makes! I can’t wait to have this on my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's this content blocker? :D

I used Block Party:

https://github.com/krishkumar/BlockParty

You have to sideload it using Xcode 7 which a bit of a pain in the arse. You might be better off adding yourself to the list to beta test Crystal.

http://murphyapps.co/blog/2015/8/21/crystal-update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Any thoughts on whether/when we'll get another beta?

Any thoughts on whether/when we'll get another beta?

Unlikely at this late stage. GM on the 9th, followed by the final version a week or so later.

Unlikely at this late stage. GM on the 9th, followed by the final version a week or so later.

That would be over 5 weeks between betas though. I'd imagine we'd get one more next week.

Then they would have released it by now. It would be different if this was OS X, but with iOS the GM has to be ready several weeks in advance of the release of new devices so it can be installed on them in time for launch. They can’t release the GM to developers until the devices have been announced without giving the game away re: any new features like Force Touch. With a GM waiting in the wings, beta testing is basically over.

Then they would have released it by now. It would be different if this was OS X, but with iOS the GM has to be ready several weeks in advance of the release of new devices so it can be installed on them in time for launch. They can’t release the GM to developers until the devices have been announced without giving the game away re: any new features like Force Touch. With a GM waiting in the wings, beta testing is basically over.

Agreed. Even though there was some code regarding force touch (or deep press as it was called in the code, possible name change?) found in the latest beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So for those using iOS 9, considering it's a week or so away from general release, what are the most useful new features? (iPhone only)

I'm scratching my head to be honest. Battery saver maybe ?

Advertisement