Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Is quick reply to messages very laggy for any one else? Like you could have a word or two typed out and have to wait for it to display?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    I installed beta 4 last night but when i go to software update now it says I'm fully up to date.

You are. Public beta 2 is not an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Just downloading the public beta 2 now beta 1 had quite alot of lag on a iPhone 5s.

So far quite stable seems much quicker too previous beta was slow/laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Just hopped on the public beta train, seems pretty good so far. Enjoying Apple News and the new font looks well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How do you enable the news app? Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

AFAIK it's change region to one of the supported Territories (think it's US only atm though), reboot the device, and go into settings and toggle the app

How do you enable the news app? Can't seem to find it.

Change your region to US then reboot. To be honest it's not up to much, Zite and Flipboard are still very much the benchmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

There's no two ways about it, beta 2 is way more buggy for me than one was. My phone crashes every time I try and use quick reply, apps crash a lot more, it's sluggish.. I know that's part of a beta but it's weird how the first was better. I'm reporting like crazy although two bugs I reported in beta one are still there.

I noticed something that is quite annoying but not a huge issue try change the ringtone or text message tone when you try select a new tone it will crash the settings app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Went to bed around 3 with battery well over 90%, got up at 10 and it was dead as a door nail. Checked settings and that poxy Facebook messenger and had 48% background usage. I noticed that the phone got very hot last night when it was charging. It's an iPhone 6 and never does that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think that’s fairly normal Facebook behaviour even on non-beta OSs. But I’m suspicious of VOIP apps in general. Unlike other multitasking apps, Apple have failed to reign them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I upgraded from iOS 8.4 and Safari is pretty crashy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

How are people finding the multitasking? Have to say I keep forgetting it's there, I know it'll be handy when I do need it. The pop-out video player is great though and I look forward to using it especially if the likes of YouTube supports this.

DubDJ wrote: »
    How are people finding the multitasking? Have to say I keep forgetting it's there, I know it'll be handy when I do need it. The pop-out video player is great though and I look forward to using it especially if the likes of YouTube supports this.

Although the YouTube app doesn't support it yet, the desktop version of the website does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Zcott wrote: »
    Although the YouTube app doesn't support it yet, the desktop version of the website does :D

Whats this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Whats this now?

The new multitasking features that were added for the iPad in iOS 9. Have a look on the Apple website but it basically allows you to pop-out the native video player and watch videos while browsing other apps and webpages. Kind of like the YouTube app video minimiser but you can switch between apps and have the video playing on the home screen.

Using it for Notes a bit. Still forget it's there from time to time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Anybody else noticed in beta 2 that the usage and standby stats are reading the same? Have rebooted the phone and also left it unused for a few mins each time after a few charges but the stats still read the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

No my stats are different.

guil wrote: »
    No my stats are different.

Ok. Must be something funny going on with my phone so.

Ok so I did a reset all setting and charged it up full and now the stats are showing different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Can you disable multitasking in certain apps? Particularly in iBooks, it's a bit of a pain when your changing page and and pull out the tab.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Can you disable multitasking in certain apps? Particularly in iBooks, it's a bit of a pain when your changing page and and pull out the tab.

No, it's all or nothing. When using iBooks, swipe on the screen rather than from the edge of it.

Public beta 3 is out!

Blizzare selection of new wallpapers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Significantly fastest iOS 9 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Significantly fastest iOS 9 yet!

I don't see any major changes. A couple of subtle things, and battery seems great while idling. Lost just 1% overnight with data and wifi off.

• Advertisement

Glad the latest one is out, my iP6 slowed down to a crawl on the last beta, seems to be better now but still a bit hesitnat here and there.

No real differences noticed beside the new wallpapers and improved look of the keyboard.

Advertisement