Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is proactive working for anyone? As in the screen to the left of home. Mine is just blank. The only think I got was a suggestion to use the podcast app when I go to sleep. That was in the app switcher though.

On the iPhone I just have a recent row of contacts I called and another row of apps I've used. The rest is blank though. Nothing on the iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Didn't work for me initially, but here's what I did and suddenly it started.

I turned off Siri suggestions under Spotlight preferences then simply turned the phone off (not hard reset) re-enabled Siri suggestions and then it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

DubDJ wrote: »
    On the iPhone I just have a recent row of contacts I called and another row of apps I've used. The rest is blank though. Nothing on the iPad.

Yeh I am seeing nothing like that. It's exactly like the search screen when pulled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have to agree, the battery life is significantly better. I have reported a couple of issues with the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Beta 1 is fairly glitchy on my 5s. Works for the most part but random reboots, apps freezing etc are a daily thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

One of the reports I did was the phone restarting when the alarm went off. It was like Apple were saying it was ok to now wake up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

anyone having a similar issue where photos is using a lot of battery in background activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just noticed that the Bluetooth is dropping connection when paired to the car system. Used to hold a solid connection on 8.3 - now audio drops and takes a while to connect again. Anyone else noticed the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The rear camera doesn't work with the flash on when using Snapchat or Whatsapp.

Anyone have the same issue ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

If you're having issues, please report them to Apple.

• Advertisement

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    If you're having issues, please report them to Apple.

Oh I have, just seeing if anyone else had the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hmm, similar to earlier, Youtube links such as in posts (not embedded) don't appear to open...

Btw, what's the value of a public beta from Apple's point of view - is it mostly to squish bugs? Would hope they've a fairly robust internal process for doing so. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think it's to cut down on developer accounts not being used by developers, and also huge public demand for trying out this stuff. Bug reporting probably has a lot to do with it as well, because there's always the x.01 release shortly after to fix bugs, so if they can squash them for x.0 that's even better.

Any news on a further public beta release? Usually every two weeks for Beta versions isnt it?

Any news on a further public beta release? Usually every two weeks for Beta versions isnt it?

Public beta are usually less often, maybe every 4 weeks if I remember.

Is the public beta the same is ios 9 Beta 3?

Is the public beta the same is ios 9 Beta 3?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Installed it aswell

Was having a problem with the search facility and for some reason, when I wanted to send a text message, some contacts when selected caused the Messages app to crash

Reported to Apple

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Developer beta 4 is out, so public beta 2 should be along in a few days.

You can update to developer beta 4 from public beta 1 by removing the public beta profile, rebooting and going to software update.

No noticeable change besides news now in the Siri suggestions page and seemingly less lag.

• Advertisement

Gonna try Beta 4 to see if it sorts the camera issue on Snapchat and Whatsapp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Hmm, similar to earlier, Youtube links such as in posts (not embedded) don't appear to open...

Btw, what's the value of a public beta from Apple's point of view - is it mostly to squish bugs? Would hope they've a fairly robust internal process for doing so. :P

Nowhere near as many testers as a public beta test going to a million people across the world.

Gonna try Beta 4 to see if it sorts the camera issue on Snapchat and Whatsapp

It fixed that issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Battery was 100% going to bed last night, still 100% this morning. Don't think I ever had that happen before.

Same here. Beta 4 is excellent. Fixed a lot of bugs and jumping back to the previous app is smoother now. Installing on iPad. And Watch now too.

Public beta 2 is now available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have installed PB2, Youtube bookmarks in Safari now open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Have installed PB2, Youtube bookmarks in Safari now open again.

How do you install it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    How do you install it??

From updates in settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

shanec1928 wrote: »
    From updates in settings

I installed beta 4 last night but when i go to software update now it says I'm fully up to date.

Advertisement