Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Just installed. The night mode cooling is pretty good, and News is better. Apart from that, all quiet on my 6S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Anybody else having a problem when using the music app via the apple earphones to stop and play. When I play and turn off music via the headphones using the mic switch the volume is unresponsive and won't leave the screen, I have to re start the phone every time this happens which is quiet often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I have been sleeping great now that I have my rhythm back 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Zcott wrote: »
    Just installed. The night mode cooling is pretty good, and News is better. Apart from that, all quiet on my 6S.

I'm undecided about the News app. Is it worth the hassle of using UK settings to get it, or is there no drawback to using UK settings?

• Advertisement

I'm undecided about the News app. Is it worth the hassle of using UK settings to get it, or is there no drawback to using UK settings?

Directions will be in miles and phone numbers might be incorrectly formatted. Give it a go, because you can switch back ok. To be honest, News is ok and if you use Flipboard it's just like that.

Directions will be in miles and phone numbers might be incorrectly formatted. Give it a go, because you can switch back ok. To be honest, News is ok and if you use Flipboard it's just like that.

Might give it a go. I use feedly and flipboard several times a day, so I'm not sure I need another news app, but I like the idea of a streamlined Apple experience.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, btw. I did contribute on beta stuff ages ago.

Might give it a go. I use feedly and flipboard several times a day, so I'm not sure I need another news app, but I like the idea of a streamlined Apple experience.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, btw. I did contribute on beta stuff ages ago.

It's improved in 9.3 anyway, but I don't think it's quite as fine-tuneable as Flipboard. Still improved massively since the earliest versions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I don't see anything negative about using the UK as my region to use the news app except for the Miles instead of kilometres in Maps. 9.3 is a nice update I was actually off the beta for a while but 9.3 had this "night mode" or blue light filter so that's really cool for me. I left Facebook open on my phone for a minute today wasn't touching the phone and it rebooted (Apple logo) other than that 9.3 has been stable for me everything works fine and battery life is just as good as 9.2 and probably even a bit better.

Running the 9.3 beta 1, so happy to have f.lux type functionality back. It's the last thing I missed from being a long time jailbreak user. No reason whatsoever to do it anymore, good job Apple.

• Advertisement

How is 9.3 working out?

Any apps not working with it?

How's the battery?

I exited the Beta Program when iOS9 was made official last autumn, but 9.3 looks tempting enough to entice me back as long as it doesn't do anything detrimental!

How is 9.3 working out?

Any apps not working with it?

How's the battery?

I exited the Beta Program when iOS9 was made official last autumn, but 9.3 looks tempting enough to entice me back as long as it doesn't do anything detrimental!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

It's running fine for me on a 6S. The only really noticeable changes are the flux type night mode and the new force touch shortcuts. Getting into bluetooth, battery and wifi directly from the settings button.

On the first morning after the upgrade the phone got quite warm in the first couple of hours off the charger and ate through far more battery than normal. After rebooting it cooled down and I've had no problems with the OS or apps since then.

It's running fine for me on a 6S. The only really noticeable changes are the flux type night mode and the new force touch shortcuts. Getting into bluetooth, battery and wifi directly from the settings button.

On the first morning after the upgrade the phone got quite warm in the first couple of hours off the charger and ate through far more battery than normal. After rebooting it cooled down and I've had no problems with the OS or apps since then.

Thanks. I took the plunge! I'll see how it goes for a few days, and it's handy enough to revert anyway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

After a update on the iPhones,the data on the phones does be indexed and this carries on over night so will eat at your battery for the first night/day. Should be grand following night/day.

Happy enough with the beta. Been using it for just over 24 hours. The night mode is better than I was expecting.

Battery life seems fine. Currently down to 16% from full charge after 23.5 hours standby and exactly 6 hours of usage.

One thing that I have noticed is that the screen time out doesn't always work. I've had to tap the sleep button a few times to turn off the screen, which is set to go off after 30 seconds. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Update: in the 2 hours since I originally posted this, the phone has kept going. Down to 2% now, which is pushing 26 hours standby and a shade over 7 hours usage. That's the best I've ever had.

9.3 Public beta 2 is out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Updated to that last night. iPad was at 77% this morning...just went to turn it on and it was completely flat. Hmm.

Updated to that last night. iPad was at 77% this morning...just went to turn it on and it was completely flat. Hmm.

No problems here.

No problems here.

Same as that. Battery on my 6 is great. See the screen shot.

The only thing that might be skewing my stats is that I'm using a replacement phone from Apple, after they replaced my almost year-old phone that had the camera crescent issue. So it's hard to say whether it's a brand new battery or the new software that's making the difference. But either way, I never got stats anywhere close to what I'm getting now, even when my original phone was new, last February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

No battery problems here on iPhone 6 I'm on iOS 9.3 beta 2

Advertisement