Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

cisk wrote: »
    Glad the latest one is out, my iP6 slowed down to a crawl on the last beta, seems to be better now but still a bit hesitnat here and there.

No real differences noticed beside the new wallpapers and improved look of the keyboard.

Just noticed that "delete all" in the combined trash folder in the mail app is back! I can get rid of Outlook now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

Seems to have fixed the screen rotation issue on my iPhone 6+. The last beta was awful, my phone slowed to a crawl and had a lot of issues with the home button not responding , or the lock button. This one seems to be much faster and snappier

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

naasrd wrote: »
    Blizzare selection of new wallpapers!

I wonder why they dropped the default iOS 9 wallpaper? (The one with green/blue waves).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The battery is unreal! The keyboard functions much better, overall response is what it was on 8.4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I definitely find this beta to be much quicker, mainly noticed it launching apps. One or two bugs are still there for me though out the beta updates, think I'll report them as they don't seem to be fixed. One annoying one is my Facebook contacts keep appearing in the phone app, even after I deselect them. They just get reselected and it's annoying. That's the worst for me.

I've only reported one bug so far, the other two I'll report now as they weren't major and I wasn't sure if it was just the first beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just noticed PB3 has brought back the 'swipe forward' gesture.

Very small change but I'm glad it's back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just noticed PB3 has brought back the 'swipe forward' gesture.

Very small change but I'm glad it's back.

Yeah, swiping from the middle of the right edge activates Slide Over. But swiping from the top or bottom half of the right edge goes forward. Decent compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Very welcome change, I was wondering was it gone for good. I'm liking the small change that are being added or tweaked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

colmulhall wrote: »
    I wonder why they dropped the default iOS 9 wallpaper? (The one with green/blue waves).
    Rumours that the new iPhone could use the same screen tech as the Apple Watch. Where to show a black pixel requires no power draw. If that's the case prodemiently black wallpapers will help further battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Really like the new keyboard. V clean and tidy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Any of you using this on iPhone 5? If so how is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Bloody keyboard is buggy as hell on the latest update. Several times a day no keyboard there to send a message, email or social media post. Keep resetting it and rebooting the phone. It's such an inconvenience.

Anyone else having an issue with location based reminders on the latest PB? I set one up yesterday, as normal, through Siri, but it didn't work.

Anyone else having an issue with location based reminders on the latest PB? I set one up yesterday, as normal, through Siri, but it didn't work.

Just did a bit of digging, it looks like the location for "home" in Maps is in the wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Did a clean install of iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and it's running great - hardly any lag or slowdown, and so far all apps working ok. I'd say it's nearly done.

Zcott wrote: »
    Did a clean install of iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and it's running great - hardly any lag or slowdown, and so far all apps working ok. I'd say it's nearly done.

Based on the fact that iOS 9 is aimed to be more of a stability release than feature heavy this is what I would have expected from the betas. Beta 3 seems more stable on my 5s. I'd happily sacrifice some new features for stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Have issues where notifications (Whatsapp and Calendar mainly) get stuck on the swipe-down notifications area.

Tapping the "X" doesn't clear then, nor does swiping. Doing a hard reset seems to get rid of them.

Have issues where notifications (Whatsapp and Calendar mainly) get stuck on the swipe-down notifications area.

Tapping the "X" doesn't clear then, nor does swiping. Doing a hard reset seems to get rid of them.

I'm getting duplicate notifications and actionable ones like Messege replies freeze up.

Another week or so for the next Beta I imagine, every two weeks seems to be the norm.

Another week or so for the next Beta I imagine, every two weeks seems to be the norm.

Reckon there'll be another one this close to release date?

• Advertisement

Reckon there'll be another one this close to release date?

Usually the gold release is sent out just before the final version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

Isn't gold master released around the new iPhone event?

Usually is. We'll probably get another 1/2 beta releases. It's pretty stable now with just a few things to fix. Devs will likely start updating apps now soon. A few have already begun doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd say maybe one more, but there's a chance beta 6 might just be released to carriers for internal testing. Then GM a few days before what looks like 9th September.

If you update to the next beta (or maybe the GM version), can you then update to the final public version through normal settings menu on 9th Sept, or do you have to unenroll from the beta program first?

If you update to the next beta (or maybe the GM version), can you then update to the final public version through normal settings menu on 9th Sept, or do you have to unenroll from the beta program first?

You'll get the final public.

I have noticed that siri's voice is now gone in ios9 public beta. Anybody else noticed this? Anything I can do to get the voice back? Have all the settings toggles on.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Potus wrote: »
    I have noticed that siri's voice is now gone in ios9 public beta. Anybody else noticed this? Anything I can do to get the voice back? Have all the settings toggles on.

Works fine for me on iphone6 runing latest beta

Armonline wrote: »
    Works fine for me on iphone6 runing latest beta

Ok thanks for the reply. I might try a hard reset, see if that would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Has anyone seen what I get in this picture. Seems to happen with any app, not a problem but just annoying. Have reported it to Apple

IMG_0196_zpsrc8p3e6y.jpg

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement