Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

cisk wrote: »
    Can't find the full change log.

Couldn't find a change log either, but it looks like 9.1 is all about force touch, Live Photos and the stylus for the iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone using the 9.1 beta having any problems with Bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

guil wrote: »
    Anyone using the 9.1 beta having any problems with Bluetooth?

No problems here on iPhone 6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Any noticeable improvements on 9.1? Seems the only change so far is new emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Zcott wrote: »
    Any noticeable improvements on 9.1? Seems the only change so far is new emoji.

yay! Ireland flag!

Also BlockParty is not working for me in Safari .... checked and its turned on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ireland flag came in with iOS 8.3 with the diverse emoji.

Armonline wrote: »
    No problems here on iPhone 6

Are you using a headset? When I answer a call I can't here anything and neither can the caller. I have to tap audio and change it to the iPhone and then back to the headset. Tried re-pairing but it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Just wondering does anyone else see the same thing? When I plug My phone into the mac and look at it in itunes the last icloud backup has a date for 1910 or something stupid like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone else see the same thing? When I plug My phone into the mac and look at it in itunes the last icloud backup has a date for 1910 or something stupid like that.

Reported it 3 times now

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have the same myself. I've reported a bug or two but they don't seem to fixing them at all. I'm running 9.1 and they are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

I can't complete whatsapp setup on 9.1 .. I get 'something is wrong with your current version. Please go to the app store and download the latest version" but I have the latest version :(

Jumped on the 9.1 wagon on my Air 2 and I must say, it's running really well. No crashes, no slowdown....for a first beta, it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iOS 9.1 fixed an annoying App Store bug I've had since I installed iOS 8 last year. It had been showing any app I updated via iTunes under the 'Available Updates' tab on the iPhone with the 'Open' button beside the app. The App Store would also badge the icon as if a new update was available. If updated through the device itself the update would work as normal and show as updated.

Glad to see that's finally gone. Only annoying bug right now is the Contacts app keeps reselecting the 'show Facebook contacts' option, even after I deselect it. Been that way since the first beta, no change so far. Hopefully it's fixed as every time I open contacts to call somebody I get all of my Facebook contacts showing as well as my normal iCloud ones which can be annoying as I've to scroll though a lot more people looking for the right person.

Other than that I've only really noticed the iPad touch display doesn't seem to be as responsive as before, not sure if I'm just imaging it though, I'll have to give it a bit more usage first to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

9.1 seems much snappier and less buggy. Also battery seems much improved. Today I got 5 hours usage with 10hrs 30 mins standby and I'm still on 23% hope this continues.

I found it very buggy and slow on my 6. Went back to 8.4.1 after a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Constantly keep geting an update to latest ios message every single time i unlock my phone but when I go to software updates it says ive got the latest ios 9 update. What is the issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Constantly keep geting an update to latest ios message every single time i unlock my phone but when I go to software updates it says ive got the latest ios 9 update. What is the issue??

Same. Did you opt out of the iOS 9 public beta?

colmulhall wrote: »
    Same. Did you opt out of the iOS 9 public beta?
    Yep. I assume that's why. As we would be on 9.1 instead. Just have to put up with it for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Yep. I assume that's why. As we would be on 9.1 instead. Just have to put up with it for two days.

How can I opt out again?

Remove the profile, I believe.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Remove the profile, I believe.

As above just delete the profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Very impressed with my 9.1 battery since the update. And the info on what apps are using juice the background is also very useful. For the first time ever I'm going into a second day after a full charge yesterday morning with a decent bit of juice left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

naasrd wrote: »
    Very impressed with my 9.1 battery since the update. And the info on what apps are using juice the background is also very useful. For the first time ever I'm going into a second day after a full charge yesterday morning with a decent bit of juice left.

That's impressive. I'm getting nowhere near that on my 6 running 9.1

I go from full charge to about 30% over the course of my day, from about 7am to 8pm. So, about 13 hours off charge with about 5 hours usage. Standby stats could be made look better by taking it off charge going to bed, because it uses hardly any battery at all overnight while idling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

As above just delete the profile.

How do I delete the profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Snapchat and Whatsapp are the serial offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

That's impressive. I'm getting nowhere near that on my 6 running 9.1

I go from full charge to about 30% over the course of my day, from about 7am to 8pm. So, about 13 hours off charge with about 5 hours usage. Standby stats could be made look better by taking it off charge going to bed, because it uses hardly any battery at all overnight while idling.

What stats you seeing in Usage? Particularly apps running in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Facebook app and Messenger app are lurkers too.

I have to agree about the battery though, it's fantastic on my 6. I haven't ran out of power once since going iOS 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

My battery drops from 40% to 20% in about 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Can someone check if there is a crossfade option anywhere for the music app in iOS 9? Either in the app or in the settings menu. It's not in iOS 8 and was hoping it might be added for 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

dave oc wrote: »
    Can someone check if there is a crossfade option anywhere for the music app in iOS 9? Either in the app or in the settings menu. It's not in iOS 8 and was hoping it might be added for 9.

I'm not seeing it anywhere (9.1).

A guy on Macrumors Forum says that if you select gapless music is does a crossfade effect.

Advertisement