Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone tried any of those adblocker apps (peace or purify for example)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

deep1 wrote: »
    Do you have wifi assist on under cellular? This is new feature called wifi assist which automatically switch to cellular if wifi is weak.

Oh cheers lad I meant to try turning that off but forgot, hopefully it works but I can't see how it would drop the wifi compare to my cry data out here in the countryside :p

Blockr and Crystal, Blockr is best IMO so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I have Peace installed and it's great.

adox wrote: »
    Using my 5s, pressing the home button to wake the phone up has some serious lag since the update. Maybe up to a second before the phone wakes up.
    Anyone else having the same issue?

Had lag like that on my 5, wiped it and set up as a new phone. It's grand now, even a wee bit faster than iOS 8.

• Advertisement

Battery is sitting at 50% for aaaages....

Wonder how far it will drop to :pac:

Edit: ok it dropped to 49%, it seems it ran through the the first 50% very fast and then slowed down hmmm. Maybe just needs calibration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The new iCloud tier is showing for me now in iCloud 50GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

50GB.
    yes me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

eeloe wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing a huge battery drain since installing iOS9?

Installed last night, plugged the phone out at 11am this morning, and i'm down to about 30% already, pretty shocking for a little over 9hours of light-moderate use.
    Spotlight indexing can take a while. This can cause a little battery drain for a day or so after installing.

Left my phone down at the side of the bed at near 40% Wednesday night and when i woke up it was dead, Must have been doing what Sad Professor was saying as it was grand last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How can I change the clock back to 24hr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

finbarrk wrote: »
    How can I change the clock back to 24hr?

Settings-general-date and time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The 50gb option is the job... I was on 200 but just downgraded. Thanks Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭finbarrk

guil wrote: »
    Settings-general-date and time

Spot on. Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The 50gb option is the job... I was on 200 but just downgraded. Thanks Apple.

Yep the 50gb is showing for me now too, delighted, was getting dangerously close to the 20gb cap.

Battery is still running down pretty quick tho...might have to do a fresh install and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So do we have nearby in spotlight search or its one more thing omitted from the Irish version of iOS 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Some odd changes in the update to the Podcast app. The change from the numbers beside podcast names which told you how many episodes were unplayed, to to it being written underneath the name of the podcast, where it blends in and is hard to differentiate, isn't the best.

I'm also not keen on the way they've removed the cloud symbol beside podcasts which haven't been downloaded on the 'Feed' option within podcasts, which used to allow a 1 click method of downloading episodes. The new layout means that if you want to download a podcast you have to click the 3 dots and then click the 'download podcast' option. Not that big a deal, but making it more difficult to download episodes doesn't make a lot of sense, IMO.

The other thing they changed is the custom colours option, which takes the colour scheme from the podcasts pic and uses it for the podcast menu. I had to turn it off as I'm listening to a podcast with a black picture background, which means the menu is black and the writing is hard to read on it. I'm sure that's something they'll tweak as time goes by. Nice idea, though.

Otherwise I like the update. It's starting to look more impressive as the updates roll by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

The pull down search looks a mess, see screen shot. When I start typing, the suggestions are barely readable because of the transparency. Is this the same for everyone or is there a setting to turn down transparency?

The pull down search looks a mess, see screen shot. When I start typing, the suggestions are barely readable because of the transparency. Is this the same for everyone or is there a setting to turn down transparency?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No that’s not right, try restarting.

No that’s not right, try restarting.

Restart fixed it, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Before the battery cuts out, 2 days on stand by iPhone 6 Plus. iOS 9. Low power mode not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Marco Arment has pulled Peace from the App Store, and offering a refund to anyone who bought it. I've switched over to Crystal, which seems to be pretty good.

Down to 1%. 10 hours 7 mins usage. 49 hours 24 mins standby. iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9. low power mode not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Down to 1%. 10 hours 7 mins usage. 49 hours 24 mins standby. iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9. low power mode not used.

Can you show us the breakdown over two days and with the time button pressed?

Can you show us the breakdown over two days and with the time button pressed?

Here you go.

And the top part of the display that was missing from the last photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Liking crystal so far but I'd like to be able to unblock certain sites that serve the ads in a non-intrusive way. Maybe it will come in an update but I think sites that's push ads on you in a way that effects your browsing experience should have them blocked. Not remorseful at all about those, strange turn for the Peace app though. It was making headlines on most of the major tech sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Peace was pulled as Marco Arment (co-founder of tumblr) the developer was getting a lot of hate as he runs ads on his site albeit good non intrusive ones

Marco is donating the money to some journalist trust in the US and Anil Dash is matching his donation. These guys are short of money but it's a real nice gesture.

The fact he even says people can get a refund from Apple if they wish is another nice touch. I bought it I won't be getting a refund, the app does what it says it does and I'll still get use out of it but does seem like all these content blockers are black list first with no whitelist features. Which is a pity.

And the top part of the display that was missing from the last photo.

Wow ! That is some battery life.

• Advertisement

Peace was pulled as Marco Arment (co-founder of tumblr) the developer was getting a lot of hate as he runs ads on his site albeit good non intrusive ones

Marco is donating the money to some journalist trust in the US and Anil Dash is matching his donation. These guys are short of money but it's a real nice gesture.

The fact he even says people can get a refund from Apple if they wish is another nice touch. I bought it I won't be getting a refund, the app does what it says it does and I'll still get use out of it but does seem like all these content blockers are black list first with no whitelist features. Which is a pity.

This is apple's big play to get people away from google and the revenue they make from advertisement on the web.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/17/9338963/welcome-to-hell-apple-vs-google-vs-facebook-and-the-slow-death-of-the-web

Advertisement