Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Potus wrote: »
    Battery taking a serious dive in beta 2 ðŸ™

Seems ok for me on an air 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Does this happen to anyone else where say in music that you want to make a all an artists work available offline ( iTunes Match subscriber ) that it does not download every track from every album. Just 5 or 6 songs. And then if you go and make a certain album available for offline it does nothing. So you have to go into each song individually and make available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Phone just rebooted using iOS 9.0 on a iPhone 6s anybody else experience this ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bookmarks don't always show up in Safari. Closing the app and starting over seems to resolve this. iPad Air 2. Think this occurred on iOS 8 too, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still have the issue with the phone taking at least a second to wake up, 5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Did the days in the calender app always require a double tap to open? Running iOS 9.0.1 on iPhone 6

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Did the days in the calender app always require a double tap to open? Running iOS 9.0.1 on iPhone 6

Only seems to do that in year view.

Zcott wrote: »
    Only seems to do that in year view.

Im getting it in month view :confused:

Always a single tap got me in.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Im getting it in month view :confused:

Always a single tap got me in.

Weird, it's a single tap for me in split screen month view. Same phone, same OS.

Zcott wrote: »
    Weird, it's a single tap for me in split screen month view. Same phone, same OS.

Went a little deeper and others seem to have the issue, Just not everyone which is strange

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7225578

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

General Apple device/iOS question. Is the default to have your Apple ID signed in constantly? I prefer not to, for security reasons. I think I've tried to sign out, but I think it falls back to being logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

General Apple device/iOS question. Is the default to have your Apple ID signed in constantly? I prefer not to, for security reasons. I think I've tried to sign out, but I think it falls back to being logged in.
    What security concerns to you have?

To do anything sinister someone will be challenged for your password or finger print.

1. Have a secure easy to remember password, four random words separated by spaces is a good bet.
    2. Enable 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID.
    3. Require password / Touch ID for App Store purchases to stop any kids from racking up a huge bill after pressing your phone up against your thumb :D

Thanks. :) It's an iPod touch, so no Touch ID. Many concern is financial details. I stay away from free wifi, for the most part and I don't do internet banking on it anyway. I've require password for purchases as default, afaik. My concern would be if the device were stolen that someone could starting purchasing relatively easily or they could muck about with the Apple ID and change the p/w. Keen to avoid that.

Thanks. :) It's an iPod touch, so no Touch ID. Many concern is financial details. I stay away from free wifi, for the most part and I don't do internet banking on it anyway. I've require password for purchases as default, afaik. My concern would be if the device were stolen that someone could starting purchasing relatively easily or they could muck about with the Apple ID and change the p/w. Keen to avoid that.

They require the password to change the password, or at least have all the security questions to answer.

Test it yourself: imagine you don't know your password and try to buy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Is anyone else having the problem the phone is useless if away from wifi, as the mobile data will not work if you had it toggled off for apps before you updated??
    My phone is essentially an expensive iPod at the moment! Can't use any apps when I'm out and about, got caught yesterday cos I needed to access my banking app, and couldn't!
    How long before we can expect an update to fix this? Thread running in apple support is giving no info.
    Raging I updated at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Is anyone else having the problem the phone is useless if away from wifi, as the mobile data will not work if you had it toggled off for apps before you updated??
    My phone is essentially an expensive iPod at the moment! Can't use any apps when I'm out and about, got caught yesterday cos I needed to access my banking app, and couldn't!
    How long before we can expect an update to fix this? Thread running in apple support is giving no info.
    Raging I updated at all!

Not having the exact same thing, but definitely it seems worse at holding onto signal than on earlier software. I could have the phone sitting on the router and it sometimes doesn't pick up WiFi. And then when it does, it drops signal a lot. Toggling WiFi off/on doesn't get it back, I find I have to toggle airplane mode. Also, I'm seeing way more "E" than "3G" beside my signal dots since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm from finding Facebook brutal on the battery since updating to iOS 9 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'm from finding Facebook brutal on the battery since updating to iOS 9 :o
    Same, my battery in general is gone downhill since updating, im using a 6 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I switched off Facebook background refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I keep having an issue where when I quit out of an app, the screen's orientation is incorrect and it takes a couple of seconds to correct itself. A hard reset clears it, but it's a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iOS 9.0.2 has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Changes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Simply Red wrote: »
    Changes:

The iCloud backup one is one I came across.

On the public beta stream now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

This thread needs to be locked. There seems to be just as much talk in here about the latest iOS version as there is of the public beta version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I switched off Facebook background refresh.

I ha e too but it still refreshes in the background or is doing something in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

guil wrote: »
    This thread needs to be locked. There seems to be just as much talk in here about the latest iOS version as there is of the public beta version.

Just rename the thread iOS9.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just rename the thread iOS9.

Yeah I think a lot of people who were on the 9.0 public beta removed the profile and went to 9.0 stable release as opposed to continuing on with 9.1 beta.

Are two threads really needed? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is the public beta is still ongoing probably better to have a different thread for the official iOS 9 release. People reporting bugs in the beta version might cause confusion to others using the stable release.

Beta 4 out now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another one... I’m regretting joining the 9.1 beta stream.

Advertisement