Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

iPhone 6 work phone wifi and Bluetooth always on and emails on push

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

My god that's huge battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

guil wrote: »
    My god that's huge battery life.

Yes, it does look impressive, but he has hardly used the phone at all in that time - 4 hours, 21 minutes out of 51 hours, 47 minutes? That's extraordinarily light usage. I've used mine for 3 hours, 3 minutes since 7am today, which I imagine is closer to average usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

iniall wrote: »
    Yes, it does look impressive, but he has hardly used the phone at all in that time - 4 hours, 21 minutes out of 51 hours, 47 minutes? That's extraordinarily light usage. I've used mine for 3 hours, 3 minutes since 7am today, which I imagine is closer to average usage.

True. Hardly used. I used double what he was using and was getting 50 hours standby. I suppose what is the average normal usage over 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

shanec1928 wrote: »
    iPhone 6 work phone wifi and Bluetooth always on and emails on push

Seems like you'd be better off saving your money and going for a Nokia 3310 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

9.0.1 is available now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    9.0.1 is available now

I started the download for this 40 minutes ago (via iTunes, not OTA) and the progress bar hasn't moved yet!

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Seems like you'd be better off saving your money and going for a Nokia 3310 :D
    Don't think work could stretch the budget that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

iniall wrote: »

Even so for over 4 hours usage in over 2 days in stand by is something else and to still have over 50% battery still left is incredible.

Even so for over 4 hours usage in over 2 days in stand by is something else and to still have over 50% battery still left is incredible.

iPhone 6 Plus offers up to 16 days of standby time. His on screen time is really low in hours and the apps he's using wouldn't be very intensive. Phone is his main used app. 6 plus offers 24 hours talk time.

All in all, the hours look great but it's expected for such little overall usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

iPhone 6 Plus offers up to 16 days of standby time. His on screen time is really low in hours and the apps he's using wouldn't be very intensive. Phone is his main used app. 6 plus offers 24 hours talk time.

All in all, the hours look great but it's expected for such little overall usage.

That would be relevant if he didn't say he was using a 6.
    Also I don't think that's the full list of usage

guil wrote: »
    That would be relevant if he didn't say he was using a 6.
    Also I don't think that's the full list of usage

Makes sense. Would have expected even more from what he has posted if it was a plus. So it's still relevant. 6 offers 10 days standby & up to 14 hours talk time. Don't see how it's incredible battery life when it's working as advertised?

Yeah maybe there are other apps higher than the 7% ones but on average the 6 would be getting 8-11 hours of "usage" and he's just on 4hrs 21 mins. Just seems standard to me.

I really should have checked the Apps that were in use before I commented. Yeah most of those apps will use very little battery I see that he didn't use the safari which is always the main drain on my battery stats.

On a side note did Apple change how the usage is calculated in iOS 9? It used to always say for over 24 hour usage 1 day etc.

I really should have checked the Apps that were in use before I commented. Yeah most of those apps will use very little battery I see that he didn't use the safari which is always the main drain on my battery stats.

Facebook is a killer for me. It seems to be able to work in the background for hours. New update out though so let's see how that goes.

Facebook is a killer for me. It seems to be able to work in the background for hours. New update out though so let's see how that goes.

Will stopping background refresh/ closing the app not stop that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

iOS 9.0.1 has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I got rid of Facebook. It's a battery drainer and turns into monster size if you use it a lot. I just log into Facebook through Safari. Not as nice, but I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

jakdublin wrote: »
    I got rid of Facebook. It's a battery drainer and turns into monster size if you use it a lot. I just log into Facebook through Safari. Not as nice, but I can live with it.

Twitter is another offender. I wish they would allow us to clear app data without having to uninstall/reinstall the app.

colmulhall wrote: »
    Twitter is another offender. I wish they would allow us to clear app data without having to uninstall/reinstall the app.

Facebook does allow you to clear the app data now. Don't think Twitter does though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Facebook does allow you to clear the app data now. Don't think Twitter does though.

How do you go about doing that? I think it should be added as a systemwide feature for iOS though it's a handy thing especially with social networking apps.

where are you seeing that? its not where youd expect it to be in general -> usage -> manage storage

DubDJ wrote: »
    How do you go about doing that? I think it should be added as a systemwide feature for iOS though it's a handy thing especially with social networking apps.

Settings > Browser > Clear data

(In the Facebook app itself)

Settings > Browser > Clear data

(In the Facebook app itself)

Only clear data used by the in-app browser. Doesn't clear the apps data itself. Still have over 500MB of data.

Only clear data used by the in-app browser. Doesn't clear the apps data itself. Still have over 500MB of data.

It clears after a while

It clears after a while

Doing nothing for me after two hours. Cleared it a second time, closed the app etc. Think it's just browsing data for the in-built one tbh.

Doing nothing for me after two hours. Cleared it a second time, closed the app etc. Think it's just browsing data for the in-built one tbh.

Ah sorry false alarm then. When I did it a few weeks ago it logged me out of the app and I thought the size the app was taking up reduced dramatically. Maybe not.

Ah sorry false alarm then. When I did it a few weeks ago it logged me out of the app and I thought the size the app was taking up reduced dramatically. Maybe not.

Yeah it logged me out too but unfortunately doesn't get rid of the majority of my app data. Hopefully it'll be part of iOS 10.

The 9.1 public beta 2 is out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Battery taking a serious dive in beta 2 ðŸ™

Advertisement