Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    I thought the new News app was US only?

US or UK.

Just change the region format setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

How do I change region to get the news app?

Settings>general> language & region. Then choose either US or UK. Reboot phone and the news app it should appear on your last page. I went for the UK region.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FourFourFM wrote: »
    US or UK.

Just change the region format setting.
    Think it's only us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Potus wrote: »
    Settings>general> language & region. Then choose either US or UK. Reboot phone and the news app it should appear on your last page. I went for the UK region.

Some odd reason if i go with the UK it doesnt work, but if i change to US then i get the app, i like it any idea when it will be rolled out in ireland?

Also is there any downside to setting region to US or UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

the € isn't the default on either & the US has date format variances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Some odd reason if i go with the UK it doesnt work, but if i change to US then i get the app, i like it any idea when it will be rolled out in ireland?

I can't explain that one I'm afraid. Don't know when it will be rolled out in Ireland but are using the UK version they can access Irish news media

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I get the exact same. US works fine, but I don't want the messed up settings nor the US news as such. I'll have another look and see if I can figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

tis only usa for the moment, and they are complaining about it in the UK too
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iosapps/how-get-apple-news-uk-3619251/

seems sensible enough as theres so much 3rd party involvement needed that its best to get it sorted and working and slick for one country correctly before engaging with publishers from dozens of countries

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Using my 5s, pressing the home button to wake the phone up has some serious lag since the update. Maybe up to a second before the phone wakes up.
    Anyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ryanair won't work when Crystal ad blocker is enabled anybody else see this problem ?
    report it in the app. If you hold the refresh button in safari it gives the option to load without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

When I first installed 9.0 I was getting news results in the spotlight search screen, seems to have disappeared now, is this the news you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

On 9.1 beta so switched to UK region and got the News app.

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

My Iphone 6 has a slight lag on the unlock screen after I unlock it,
    It comes up "Touch ID or Enter Passcode",I enter my passcode...Then theres a lag until Enter passcode flashes up on screen and then it opens.

When the passcode is entered it takes about 3-4 seconds to unlock.

Anyone else get this?(iOS 9.0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

shanec1928 wrote: »
    report it in the app. If you hold the refresh button in safari it gives the option to load without it.

I already reported it in the App thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

peteeeed wrote: »
    Think it's only us

Sorry, I'm on 9.1 and it works with UK

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I'm on 9.0 public beta and thought I'd get the final version OTA. All I get is the 9.1 beta option.

I'm having problems restoring due to space on phone and laptop, but is that the only option?
    Do I need to follow the same steps required to go back from 9.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

WillyWonka wrote: »
    I'm on 9.0 public beta and thought I'd get the final version OTA. All I get is the 9.1 beta option.

I'm having problems restoring due to space on phone and laptop, but is that the only option?
    Do I need to follow the same steps required to go back from 9.1?

Remove the profile and you should get offered 9.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Zcott wrote: »
    Remove the profile and you should get offered 9.0.

Thanks. Had to reset after deleting but has recognised it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Ok, literally the best thing about iOS 9 is the content blockers. The web is so nice again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Anyone else noticing a huge battery drain since installing iOS9?

Installed last night, plugged the phone out at 11am this morning, and i'm down to about 30% already, pretty shocking for a little over 9hours of light-moderate use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Must say the Picture -in-picture feature is brilliant. Currently watching baseball while typing this. The video even moves up to make room for the keyboard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I presume nearby in spotlight is also not available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

eeloe wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing a huge battery drain since installing iOS9?

Installed last night, plugged the phone out at 11am this morning, and i'm down to about 30% already, pretty shocking for a little over 9hours of light-moderate use.

No if anything else its a huge improvement on my battery, i am usually at around 50% now but i am on 74% and havent done any less use than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

tallpaul wrote: »
    Must say the Picture -in-picture feature is brilliant. Currently watching baseball while typing this. The video even moves up to make room for the keyboard!!

Yeah, just trying it now for the first time(didn't realise it worked in lots of video feeds, not just the video player)and it's pretty cool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

No if anything else its a huge improvement on my battery, i am usually at around 50% now but i am on 74% and havent done any less use than usual!

I've just turned off background app refresh to see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

eeloe wrote: »
    I've just turned off background app refresh to see if it makes any difference.

Did you update via iTunes or OTA? It seems to be more common that something goes wrong OTA and you have to restore the phone to stop battery drain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Spotlight indexing can take a while. This can cause a little battery drain for a day or so after installing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Dunno if this is a bug but, I thought wifi was dropping but the symbol drops and it goes to E, 3G, etc but if I check it's still on the wifi? It goes back to the wifi symbol after a few seconds too. No one else getting this?

Only started since I updated last night and I wiped it and set up as a new phone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Mourinho wrote: »
    Dunno if this is a bug but, I thought wifi was dropping but the symbol drops and it goes to E, 3G, etc but if I check it's still on the wifi? It goes back to the wifi symbol after a few seconds too. No one else getting this?

Only started since I updated last night and I wiped it and set up as a new phone too.

Do you have wifi assist on under cellular? This is new feature called wifi assist which automatically switch to cellular if wifi is weak.

Advertisement