Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Another one... I’m regretting joining the 9.1 beta stream.

Yeah. Felt the same with El Capitan too, felt I was always running just to stand still. 9.1 now looking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah. Felt the same with El Capitan too, felt I was always running just to stand still. 9.1 now looking the same.

Yeah, I opted out of the OS X betas and the iPhone betas, but I'm running them on my iPad. Beta 4 weighed in at 1.4gb, which is pretty huge for a beta...maybe getting close to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    My Iphone 6 has a slight lag on the unlock screen after I unlock it,
    It comes up "Touch ID or Enter Passcode",I enter my passcode...Then theres a lag until Enter passcode flashes up on screen and then it opens.

When the passcode is entered it takes about 3-4 seconds to unlock.

Anyone else get this?(iOS 9.0)

Im still having the issue i posted before, I entered it into apple bug reporter and they replied back with "Engineering has requested a series of stackshot logs in order to further investigate this issue."

Im gonna sync my phone with itunes and try it this evening, But is anyone else experiencing this other than me?(hanging until passcode displays on screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Public Beta 5 is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Public Beta 5 is out.

Thanks never noticed. Updating now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's the value in staying part of the public beta?

What's the value in staying part of the public beta?

Of late not much as the updates aren't bringing anything significant. Don't think I'll bother next time round.

Anyone having issues with app updates on Beta 5?

There's a whatsapp update available but it won't let me update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I was having the same problem but im on 9.0.2 so dont think it had anything to do with being in the beta. Managed to get the update literally just now

• Advertisement

Yeah trying to update Whatsapp to get the 3D touch features on the 6S.

There was a ferocious App Store issue affecting some users today. I couldn't update my banking app for hours.

Sorted now it seems. Good stuff.

Whatsapp 3D touch update isnt great. Not very useful, only for pics and links. No quick launch options for the app but I imagine they'll come in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone suffer any problems with iOS 9.0.2? Its basically turned my phone into an ornament. Havent had any signal just "Searching..." on the screen, despite a SIM card change to try and remedy it. A search of the Apple discussion boards shows I'm not the only one. Really, really annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Corvo wrote: »
    Anyone suffer any problems with iOS 9.0.2? Its basically turned my phone into an ornament. Havent had any signal just "Searching..." on the screen, despite a SIM card change to try and remedy it. A search of the Apple discussion boards shows I'm not the only one. Really, really annoyed.

I get "searching....." and Edge/GPRS coverage way more than usual in the last couple of weeks. Rarely, if ever, saw them before then. What network are you on? I'm with 3, and they did send out a text about 2 weeks ago saying that the network might have dodgy periods in the near future. That coincided with the 9.0.2 update, so it's hard to say what had caused the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

I get "searching....." and Edge/GPRS coverage way more than usual in the last couple of weeks. Rarely, if ever, saw them before then. What network are you on? I'm with 3, and they did send out a text about 2 weeks ago saying that the network might have dodgy periods in the near future. That coincided with the 9.0.2 update, so it's hard to say what had caused the issue for me.

Hi, yes, I am also with three but have had no signal at all for the past week and a half. My phone is basically a wifi device.

I went into the shop and changed SIMS, no luck. I did a full restore and basically anything I could. I know a guy in Apple and he said the only solution is to send it back.

Devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Corvo wrote: »
    Hi, yes, I am also with three but have had no signal at all for the past week and a half. My phone is basically a wifi device.

I went into the shop and changed SIMS, no luck. I did a full restore and basically anything I could. I know a guy in Apple and he said the only solution is to send it back.

Devastated!

I'd say if you're getting no service at all in locations where you had it before, it's probably down to the phone. My issue is intermittent dropping of 3G, which is not in the same league as no service whatsoever. If you're getting no service at all, Three would surely be aware of a major issue at your mast.

Keep us posted on how long it takes to get a replacement from Apple if you go that route.

iOS 9.1 released today updating now update is only 30MB for me since I was on the beta the last two updates were 1.4GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

jay93 wrote: »
    iOS 9.1 released today updating now update is only 30MB for me since I was on the beta the last two updates were 1.4GB.

Can u let me know if it's solved the notification sounds being hit and miss? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Now we wait for 9.2 public beta

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finally! No more betas for me, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Likewise off the beta bandwagon now until ios10 not doubt:D

iggy wrote: »
    Can u let me know if it's solved the notification sounds being hit and miss? Cheers

It seems to be working fine for me so far I had that problem with notification sounds in one of the betas number 3 I think it was. I'll post back if I find any issues in the final release of 9.1 but so far so good with it :)

Me either even when iOS 10 beta is out it would want to have something great and new that I'd want to use for me to go on beta testing again. Think I'll stick to final relates of iOS for now.

jay93 wrote: »
    Me either even when iOS 10 beta is out it would want to have something great and new that I'd want to use for me to go on beta testing again. Think I'll stick to final relates of iOS for now.

Yeah, those regular updates brought nothing much to the party. Glad I tried it, but passing next time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Not sure if this is the correct discussion but didn't think it was worth a separate thread..... I upgraded my software to iOS 9.1 (I think it was) this evening (was already running 9) but now since I did, my phone wont progress past the "Hello" screen..... Anyone know why this is happening or any ideas how to fix it? Have turned it on and off again about 3 times now...!!

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

HiGlo wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the correct discussion but didn't think it was worth a separate thread..... I upgraded my software to iOS 9.1 (I think it was) this evening (was already running 9) but now since I did, my phone wont progress past the "Hello" screen..... Anyone know why this is happening or any ideas how to fix it? Have turned it on and off again about 3 times now...!!

Thanks!!
    have you tried swiping across?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Im having similar 9.1 nightmares to these guys
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7301911?start=0&tstart=0

My iPad and iPhone 6 Plus , App Store and Apple Music not working , tried all the usual stuff , update coming soon I pray

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

guil wrote: »
    have you tried swiping across?

sorry, just see this now.... The swipe for configuration thing didn't appear for ages... I had to shut down and restart the phone about 3 more times but it eventually appeared and I was able to finish the update.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

9.2 public beta out now

Advertisement