Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is there any xbox players who would like to get something going? I'm jealous of all you lads!

I would. I'm also extremely jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Interested in this! Put my name down!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Axwell wrote:
    Im happy to organise the league, ran the old ufc tournaments on here and as rebel said i do the fifa leagues on boards. We have a good format and system in place for fifa. Ive run 18 leagues of that so it would want to be at this stage! Will aim to start something the end of next week. For now anyone interested drop their name below so I have an idea of numbers and then ill look into what would work best.

I'm down for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any of the new lads add your psn when sticking your name down so we can add you to the psn group we have setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Still can't block people from getting into the clinch and spamming knee kicks, any tips?

Am doing awful online to be honest, record of 12-11 I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

RossieMan wrote: »
    Still can't block people from getting into the clinch and spamming knee kicks, any tips?

Am doing awful online to be honest, record of 12-11 I think

First mistake most people make is not using low block for a knee. They assume its high cos its a knee in the head but you block low with your hands so its a low block. If you block it you have grapple advantage and can transition out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As soon as someone gets you in thai clinch, hold R2 (low block) to block knees. As soon as you block I've, hold up to break the clinch. If you can block 2 strikes in a row, you get maximum grapple advantage (quicker transitions/escapes than your opponent).

It can be hard to block when when they mix up elbows and knees and knees are overpowered at the moment, crap coming up against guys who constantly try it. The insta thai clinch should be removed from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I was champion for one night and came up against a fella who didn't want to fight, he wanted to roll around on the ground, not do submissions or anything. Just punching wherever he could. Still haven't got the hand of offensive submissions so I was useless. Lost on points :(

There's a good vid on YouTube. Search ea ufc 2 best ground game tips. Then try a grappling only fight with someone on here, great way to get used to the ground game.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    It can be hard to block when when they mix up elbows and knees and knees are overpowered at the moment, crap coming up against guys who constantly try it. The insta thai clinch should be removed from the game.

How is that insta Thai clinch done? I hate getting stung by it.

• Advertisement

Certain muay thai and bjj guys have it as well as an unlockable move in ultimate team. Hold L1 and press right stick towards your opponent. Now pick Rose who has it and you have a choice of elbows, knees and a 2 gate flying armbar all from a simple clinch move.

I've come up against guys and that's all they will try to do. Just constant insta clinchs. Frustrating as hell until they eat an uppercut.

Something I noticed last night. When I was in top mount raining down punches to my opponents face their stamina was actually going back up. Not when they were blocking but when the punches were connecting flush with their face. Anyone else notice this happen?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Just came here to say I had the most annoying fight online yesterday. Some prick tried 66 takedowns. Also kept getting me in a head clinch. Daniel Cormier I think it was..

More info about the new patch coming shortly.

Stockton slap : https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/719264143526604800

- Made passing guard from postured down position more difficult #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- And to maintain balance, submissions from bottom guard have been made a little harder to pull off as well #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- If a parry is mistimed, block will no longer be activated automatically #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- New strike intercept framework. #stoppingpower #longlivethejab #shutdownspinning**** #timingiseverything #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- If you don't know what that last tweet means, check out this example. With the new framework, the jab would win. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10406207.page

- When two opposing strikes land in quick succession, the 1st will take power off the 2nd #patchspolers #EASPORTSUFC2

Dis gon be a big ass patch

- Reduced damage on consecutive uppercut combos #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- Updated Attribute/Perks/Movesets for various fighters #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

- AI logic, submission and game plan tuning #patchspoilers #EASPORTSUFC2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Uninstalled the ea access trial.

Too many annoying things in game. Most annoying is the way you cant hit someone while they do a spining kick or punch

Just punched the head off someone who was using mc gregor.dominated him and Rocked him about 5 times. Each time he covers up and i cant finish. Then somehow late in the third with no stamina throws a ten punch combo with full power to ko me.

When my stamina goes down my fighter barely lifts his arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The patch is out and the Stockton slap is in :D

Cote and Smolka added.

Trade 5 of your UT cards for a random higher level card.

Full patch notes here.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10407864.page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I really wish longevity wasn't part of career mode, or if it was left optional. Careers finish far too abruptly. Really spoils the game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I really wish longevity wasn't part of career mode, or if it was left optional. Careers finish far too abruptly. Really spoils the game mode.

That should have changed now post patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Shoutout to the lads online that rush to pick to their beloved conor, jon jones or mighty mouse and proceed to spam high kicks, thanks for the easy wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Simply Red wrote:
    Shoutout to the lads online that rush to pick to their beloved conor, jon jones or mighty mouse and proceed to spam high kicks, thanks for the easy wins

How is that best handled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How is that best handled?

First keep your distance until you're ready. Know need to be standing in range of flying a knee.

Then when you're ready flick the analog stick forward quickly and your fighter will do a quick step forward. Most of the time you'll still be out of range but your opponent won't realise this and go for the spinning kick. He'll miss the kick but will be open to your strike if you do another quick step in.

Another is to just learn how to parry and use body kicks.

Lads, gonna kick off this league after the weekend - who else is interested. Good few people on the psn chat but not that many names here said they were in. Stick your name and psn below saying you are in if you havent already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

In - thenotorious77 I think my name is on the playstation im in the chat anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

In - PSN Mr_Blobby999

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

In, azzlejazzle. Think I'm added already, but just to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PSN Coletrickle1988

Advertisement